Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Private Channels - with same sharepoint structrue.

Make exsiting chanels private with same sharepoint structure... (currently new private channels have their own sharepoint)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. History in shifts, who added, edited, approved and denied shifts

When multiple users are owner of a shift, we need to see who created a shift, who approved, denied or deleted shifts.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option of adding an alert when a person joins

For internal meetings, often people join and those who are in conversation are not aware that new participants are on.

Add a feature to optionally alert active participants (with subtle audio cues) when new participants have joined or have left.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Move Conversations Between Teams or Channels

From time to time a conversation will begin in the wrong Team or Channel. It would be helpful if we could move a conversation and threaded replies to a different Team or Channel.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. in addition to the screen timer, a stopwatch/timer to limit response/comment times during virtual meetings. prominent with a countdown

stopwatch timer for limiting response times during virtual meetings. a countdown when at 10-15 seconds would help to have meetings be more efficient and on time

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. We need access to a delete button to clear threads and unwanted messages.

We need access to a delete button to clear threads and unwanted messages.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add ability to remove items/choices in Share area (Meeting-->Join-->Share

Here is the situation: I set up a Teams meeting, Join the meeting, press the Share button and 7 PowerPoint presentations show up in the share 'area' as selections. Several are old that I used a few weeks ago and no longer want to use. Another problem is that not enough of the titles show to know which is the one I want, only the one I want is actually open in PowerPoint. I'd like to be able to limit the choices or selections I have in the share area to only the files I have open or, be able…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Provide Meeting Buttons [Video|Mic|ScreenShare|EndCall] buttons as Toolbar buttons during Meetings

When conducting meetings, the meeting buttons window is useful but obstructing the presentation area. To fix this, can we introduce a Toolbar (Like Windows Media Player in olden windows) that has the meeting buttons [Video|Mic|ScreenShare|EndCall] during the call. This helps to manage calls, mic without having to restore the meeting snippet.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Disabling Microsoft Teams features

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams の機能の無効化について
    Disabling Microsoft Teams features

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams の ​"チャット" "チーム" "ファイル" "会議" "アプリ" などの多数の機能があるが、ユーザーが使用する機能を選択して、使用しない機能を無効化できる設定機能の拡充を要望いたします。
    There are lots of features for Microsoft Teams like "Chat", "Team", "File", "Meetings", "App" etc, but we hope that a setting feature will be implemented to let users choose which features they are going to use and disable the rest of the unused features.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Chess, Checkers, TIc Tac Toe Etc

Add interactive games like these as app options to Microsoft Teams. This is especially helpful right now when most co-workers are working from home and it's hard to stay connected. This can be one interactive way for co-workers to stay connected in a fun and social way with others by taking turns throughout the day when time allows to make your move in chess, tic tac toe etc against your co-workers and bring some light fun and breaks to your day. I got more ideas on the game formats, etc if you want to get in contact with me through…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Notification for Completed Tasks

It would great if the creator of a task gets notified when the person it's assigned to completes it. I can't keep going back and forth and checking to see what's complete and ready for review, it would be very beneficial to my teams productivity to get a message or an email saying the task I assigned someone was completed.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow site admin to set a timeout to reset Status for Users

I notice several users who forget to reset status days after setting it to something like "busy" or "away".

Allow the admin to configure a timeout like 12 or 24 hours to reset status on behalf of their users.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. MS Teams; Default Settings.

Please add an option to default MS Teams MIC and Video on or off, and save as system setting (to be applied before joining a new meeting).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. per user default notifications

allow each user to have a setting for "default notifications" that all channels would use initially until explicitly changed. Then add an option for each channel notification to be "default value" which would inherit from this setting. This would allow users to be notified according to the default value, but still be able to change it for each specific channel

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Control team visibility with admin

Infrequently used teams are moved to Hidden Teams.
    If you move to Hidden Teams, you may also make new posts.
    However, members are missed because they are not notified.
    Team members need to look at this.
    Therefore, we hope that the administrator will implement a function to move from [Hidden Team] to [Your Team].

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Eye contact through camera iris is key

A 4k Microsoft designed Surface/Teams PC monitor with embedded high quality camera, mic, screen as membrane speaker (Sony TV Type). Set-up is optimized for Video Conferencing but still a top monitor. Camera is fixed behind screen in the center and 1/3 down (Possibly as a separate and up-gradable module, bayonet insert and twist to lock with built in USB mating or short USB cable plugging straight to adjacent USB on monitor). Software algorithm in Teams is optimized to always locate speaker video feeds to be centered between human iris' location or nose bridge over the camera iris. That way video…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Tracking Tasks

Currently, to see how other team members are doing with their tasks (or if they have late tasks), as a supervisor I have to be assigned to the task as well, but that makes it hard to navigate to my tasks.

Instead of just a "My Tasks" tab, I wish there was a way to see how other team members are doing with their tasks without having to assign myself the task.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Provide different colors for various status options

Provide more colors for various status options that already exist. (ex. purple "in a call", black "presenting", orange "be right back", pink "busy")

I think this would be of great benefit to the program because red is used for several different status's and this is very confusing.

So come on, Guys!!! Surely with a whole rainbow spectrum of color to choose from you can add a few more, right?! .

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Play YouTube through teams

It would be great to have the functionality to play YouTube videos directly through teams so that all involved in the chat can watch a video together. This is a function that platforms like jitsy already allow and it would be great in the virtual classroom.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base