Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Calendar Request

Hello, I just tried calling Microsoft to reach a representative from Teams and had a horrible experience so I'm hoping you can help me here. My company recently started using teams and found two features that we’re hoping you can add into this program.

Within planner, we have created multiple buckets and tasks within each of those buckets. We also color coded the tasks based on which bucket they belonged to. When clicking the “schedule” tab, the color coded tasks didn’t transfer over, only the actual tasks. The whole reason why we wanted to use the calendar aspect of teams…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix camera permissions for iOS

For iOS if you want to insert a photo from your photo library you have to grant permission for the app to access your photo library.
    Right now, it also requires permission to access your camera.

These should be distinct things:
    - permission to access photo library to insert photo from photo library
    - permission to access camera to insert photo by directly taking a picture.
    Right now it's both or neither.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server. There is a problem with the page you are looking fo

502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.
    There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid response from the content server.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro - Security and Compliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Automatic (configured) chat threads

I should be able to configure auto chat cleanup options to keep the interface efficient.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. improve charts within Planner.

it would be nice to have charts and analytics to display which task assignee has performed better and worse, and for them to be interactive similarly to the Power BI ones. would be a good starting point e.g clicking on the status chart, on the "completed" segment, and having the Members chart changing accordingly. show how many tasks someone has completed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I would like to be able to search (like ctrl-f) for key words in a given channel, especially on a wiki

A Team channel should be searchable, especially a WIKI that can contain a lot of information across a lot of tabs/pages.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. make TABS a thing!!!

You should make a TAB option while in the APP so that you can toggle between chats and files easier.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Teams> Edit Onine, In Teams or Edit in App

When accessing a file in Teams . We need the ability to edit using the APP as well. Right now excel , power point and word client desktop apps have more feature then editing online. Users have to click on Edit Online, Then in browser click on Edit in App to make sure their version is updated and they have advanced features incorporated. Really bad flows and experience

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow "Favorites" to include both individuals and team channels.

I'd like to be able to see the individuals I regularly chat with without having to first click "chat". In other words, I'd like to have favorites, or even a new thing called "recent" where all channels and individuals can appear together.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Impossible to determine when Teams is the active application

It is not possible to determine when the Teams app (Windows) is selected for input / is the main focus application. The app's toolbar doesn't change colour when it is in the background / another app is selected.

This is annoying. Please consider fixing this. Thank you!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. emoji keyboard shortcuts have stopped working

I used to be able to type a colon and a list of emoji would appear, thus giving me the opportunity to insert an emoji using only the keyboard and not a mouse. I find this really convenient.

For example, I would type

:+

and that would insert the "thumbs-up" emoji.

This (i.e. insert an emoji using keyboard shorcuts) seems to have stopped working. I now have to resort to the mouse in order to insert a emoji, and I really don't want to.

I am using the Teams desktop app on macOS by the way.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Searching does not work

Since yesterday, any search in app does not work :(

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Badge feature on other tab similar to chat

On the chat tab, there is a feature to show unread notifications, the same feature could have been made available on teams, meetings etc where the number of new items since last visit to the tab are shown.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. open in excel macos

On Windows you can hit the ellipsis on a file in a channel and open it directly in Word, Excel or PowerPoint. On Macos that option is missing and you have to go through the tortuous process of "Open in Word Online", and then when that browser windows has opened, click "Edit in Word". It's a constant daily annoyance.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Crashing on asus zenfone max plus

Keep on crashing on zenfone max plus.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Done and Cancel buttons for stickers are hidden

Repro:
    1) Dock the Teams window to the corner of the screen (1/4 screen size)
    2) Open a chat
    3) Select a sticker from the stickers menu
    4) Should be in text edit mode for the sticker

Result: The Done and Cancel buttons are not there. Can't post the sticker to the chat.

Win10 Pro, monitor res 2560x1440, 150% scale

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Provide ability to customize definition of Public

Provide ability to define members of a Selected Public group. For example, we need everyone in our office to have access to our files, but not everyone in our company. If we could define a Selected Public group (without sending an email alert to all that they have been invited to every Team), that would be great.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Generate web-link from within the app for non-app users

I want to be able to generate a web-url to a wiki entry to send off to users not using the desktop app. Get link right now only copies the title as text, and I don't see much usability in that.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.