Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add group assignmen

Add the possibility in Teams for Education to use group assignments, so one student can hand in the assignment which is linked to a group students within a team. The feedback of the teacher must be visible to all students of that group. Also the grade.

This is really needed to get the edu-teams successful!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Guest Access Approved Domain List

It would be great to allow guest access for users in Microsoft Teams, but have the ability to manage a list of approved domains so users can not send guest access to sites like Google, Yahoo, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stream on Teams is extremely delayed

On a corporate call right now, watching a presentation via Stream, and the reaction time between the controlling computer and the display on the call is embarrassingly slow. The delay seems to be between 30 to 60 seconds. It's making it very difficult for our exec to present. He basically has to trigger a slide change long before he's ready to move on and then cover the delay with with filler talk until Stream catches up. Our network is working fine, so not sure what's causing this massive delay. But this doesn't seem ready for ******** in the corporate world.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please indicate the app is syncing so it's clear it's not broken

I searched the web for minutes thinking my account was broken but it turns out it was just syncing for the first time, indicating that I was not on any teams or any chats despite being on several for many days before using the mobile app.

PLEASE JUST ASSUME THAT THINGS AREN'T PERFECT IN YOUR APP AND IF IT'S HAVING TROUBLE SYNCING JUST PLEASE TRUST THAT THE USER CAN HANDLE SUCH SHOCKING INFORMATION WITHOUT KNOWINGLY MISINFORMING THE USER AS TO WHETHER THEY ARE OR ARE NOT ON A TEAM

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Notification timing - immediate, daily digest, weekly

Includes Planner

Should have the ability to select frequency of notifications just as can be done in SharePoint.

No one wants a flood of email notifications

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Microsoft pls SYSTEMATICALLY align settings across ALL MS-Office applications

Microsoft rules the 'office-world' with all its (largely) useful tools with more and more features to come...
    In parallel to the feature evolution itself, Microsoft should put an equally high focus on transversely aligning the apps'/tools' user-settings.
    -> This involves two directions:
    1) Benchmark settings across tools/apps and assure best-of-best across all of them: e.g., Skype<->TeamsMeeting: introduce a default-option to disable webcam; more importantly: introduce the 'customize key-board shortcuts' in ALL applications!
    2) Introduce a single-source 'edit MS Office settings'-hub in which users can choose to adjust transversal settings applicable across all Office applications and also to do tailored adjustments…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Teams in Android can't make/receive A/V calls

Teams in Android can't make audio and video calls to others. the option for the call is gray.
    In addition, when others make audio and video calls to the user(who login Teams in Android), the user can't receive the call. But after a while, the user will receive a miss call notification on Teams in Android device. We have E3 license.
    Details about this please refer to the screenshot.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Teams Conversation log is not user friendly.

I am using microsoft teams in my office. Pathetic UI experience. Why are you displaying activity in conversations tab. Keep a separate tab for activity.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Missing Skype for Business functionality

Contacts dis not come over. I had to search or enter manually. Call logging is now an extra app? Not cool. Conversations used to saved in Outlook. Not anymore. Searching for the start of a thread takes longer now.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Meetings based on Team

It would be great that when planning a meeting I could select the Team I am setting up the meeting for. As it stands the best way to do this is with outlook or outlook online. It would be great if we could select the Team like we would select a calendar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. MS Team and One Drive Automatic Sync

Why MS Teams does not sincronize with files on one drive? I keep files in one drive and upload to MS TEAMS and I have to do alway upload

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Meet now for teams

We need a meet now icon for teams on mobile the same as desktop

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Give full document library functionality to libraries created in Teams

Being able to use a Teams Library the same way we have been using a SharePoint Library would be exceptionally beneficial. The fact that it allows to open in SharePoint but doesn't offer the same functionality is of no use as we cannot create custom document content types in the teams library as we normally do in the SharePoint Library.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Call pick up button

I'm partially colour blind and for whatever reason, always confuse the 'call hangup' button for 'call pickup', especially when rushing to click the button when using multiple displays. It's pretty rare for me to reject a call. Would it make sense to make the 'call pickup' button more pronounced than the reject button? I think they are the same size + the colour of the reject button jumps out when I'm in a rush.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make it work for non-company invites. Because currently it DOES NOT. Even though we already pay for it!!!!

Make it work for non-company invites. Because currently it DOES NOT. Even though we already pay for it!!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Mobile

I would like to have an option to prioritize wifi over mobile data for video calls. Even when I am connected to a strong wifi, the app uses mobile data for calls - this is ridicullous. It happened to me twice that I ran out of my mobile data because of that. Of course one can disable the mobile data usage for the app, but that hinders one’s ability to be updated constantly about what is going on. And going back and forth, switching data usage for every call is just not the way to go.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Even if you move a file to a folder directly under the same channel, you need to be able to preview it.

Office files can be edited and opened, but Excel is the only preview.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add Semi-Private Teams that are searchable and joining is by request

Last February (2018), Microsoft announced that private teams would be discoverable by searching. After negative user feedback, the updated was revoked.

To solve the problem of not being able to search for teams that are not public (which anyone can join), I would suggest that in addition to Private, Public, and Org-Wide teams, that Microsoft add Semi-Private teams. The only difference would be that they would be searchable/discoverable (like Public teams) but instead of anyone being able to join the team (like Public teams), a user would request that they be allowed to join the team. The owner of the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. meeting search

Context Aware Search Across All Areas of Teams
    It would be really helpful if we could search specific places in teams independently. i.e. "search w/in conversation" "search meeting names" "search all meeting notes" With a company the size of the one I work for, getting results from all conversations, all channels, is overwhelming and unhelpful, and having to go to outlook and find a meeting and then carry that over to scroll backwards thru meetings is even more cumbersome than it sounds typing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.