Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Follow us on Twitter: Official announcements come from our @MicrosoftTeams Twitter handle and often reference our blog at https://TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://M365Roadmap

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow admins to block member conversations in all channels rather then just the general channel

We have an Org wide team created for sharing emergency information and training videos. the current settings allow us to block members from posting in general, but as the general chat shows all admin related operations that have taken place (ex. reved/added to team), we don't want our users to see all that. so we created separate channels. unfortunately, our members can send messages in those channels with no restrictions. Please allow more managing functions for the new channels that get created

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Admin Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow Meetings in Teams to sync with Shifts (also in Teams)

In Staff Hub you could use Flow as an "add-on" to sync Staff Hub with your outlook calendar. I know Flow isn't yet available for Teams, but I wonder if there's a simpler way. Meetings on teams syncs with outlook so why can't Shifts and Meetings "talk" to each other and that way the data would auto transfer to outlook?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. No "thank you" sticker

Why is there no "thank you" sticker?!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Search Team name

I have 30+ Teams. How/where do I search for a Team name?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Just about everything works the wrong way or is missing critical feature

Files
    - Cannot see where its downloading the file
    - Cannot cancel download
    - Cannot see if you have already downloaded this file (and clicking download automatically downloads with new name)
    - Cannot right click to "open local file/folder"
    - Double clicking does nothing (well some weird menu changes appear, but not clear whats the point)
    - Open button is actually dropdown menu, shows single item "open online" (eventhough i have downloaded it)
    - Weird [x] button in the menubar, when file is selected.. seems to mean "deselect"?
    - Strange "This page uses cookies.." - notification banner
    - Cannot go…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Who's talking about my document?

When I'm on a document in SharePoint I'd like to click the 'details' and get a list of all the Yammer posts and Teams posts this document has been linked in.

This way - from the document, I can launch to conversations that have been talking about it, and thus get more context.

I recall my old blog used to gather pages from the web that linked to each post. This way at the end of my blog post there would be links to webpages/blogs that have linked to that post

I think it was called "trackbacks" or "incoming links" …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Request to hide teams which are created by New-Team cmdlet in the Global Address List by default

I would like you to implement a function that hides all teams in the Global Address List without individual setting for each team.
    By default, teams which are created in Microsoft Teams client are not shown in the Global Address List. On the other hand, teams that administrators create with the New-Team cmdlet via Windows PowerShell connecting to Microsoft Teams are displayed by default.
    To hide all created teams, I need to set each team created by New-Team cmdlet to be hidden. This is a time-consuming procedure, so I request to hide teams created by New-Team cmdlet by default in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. external access email address

Teams Admin allows external access at the domain level. I find that this is a potential security issue.
    As the admin, i've only added in one domain to allow external guest access. All subscription users can add external users to that domain.
    But if i was to add a large domain like gmail.com, any user can be added with that domain.
    We should be able to limit guest access to the email address and not just the domain.
    If you add a domain, there should be an option to have wildcards for all users, or the option to put in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Currently having issues with "follow" and "favorite" a channel.

Previously I was able to "follow" a channel without having to "favorite" it. This way, my app was not cluttered with all the channels but at the same time I could keep up with what was going on in the different channels based on the "activity" tab showing me the same.

Lately I have noticed that I cannot "follow" a channel unless I "favorite" it. Not sure why this changed, but it did. We do work for about 15 customers who are on our Teams platform. We have on an average about 60 projects open at any given time with…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Adding additional symbol like tick and/or cross beside each posts in Teams

Beside having the thumb up symbol beside each posts in Teams, could we having additional symbol like tick and/or cross too?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Implement a feature that detect move of data to external apps or external cloud storages that are associated with Microsoft Teams

I would like to avoid information leak by moving data to external apps or external cloud storages.
    So it would be great if you could implement a feature that detect activities when data is moved to external apps or external cloud storages which associated to Microsoft Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. My competitors are using Google Docs and running circles around me!

Adding guests to teams need to be MUCH more intuitive and easy to use. My partners, collaborators and competitors are using Google Docs and are running circles around me by easily adding people outside of the organization for presentations, meetings and collaboration!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Improve the message search option

You should be able to search key words in an specific channel or conversation with someone.
    Currently the search bar on the top will search for everything in every channel/conversation, which some times its not useful. You should be able to filter out the search better

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. MORE intuitiveness

The tool has a lot of power and no flow. When trying to use, you have to learn the product. This is not how today's people operate. I should be able to wield the tool day one and simply get better over time. Activit and Chat are disjointed at the top and only useful in their context after you are fully used to the software. How do you make it useful from day 1

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Is it possible to create dropdown options in MS teams?

It would be great to have a Dropdown menu

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base