Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change the profile picture for guest users in Teams

I would like to display a picture for guest users in Microsoft Teams as well as general licensed users.

1,940 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

293 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. The team is currently planning for a profile editing experience for Guests that will include changing profile images as well as updating display names. We will share an update as soon as one is available.

2. Poor performance on MacOS

I can't use teams with out it lagging severely. When I go and look at the processes running, It always looks like the 'helper' is taking up crazy amounts of CPU and it lags out the application to the point of it almost being unusable.

I've tried closing the application, rebooting, re-installing, checking for updates, etc.. nothing works.

I'm on macOS Mojave 10.14.2

1,939 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

542 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We are continually looking to bring performance boosts to the Mac Client, including improvements with Electron 10 that are releasing. We are also aggressively addressing other areas of performance around the Mac client

3. Show status duration

Skype showing the status duration in a chat was very useful ("away for X minutes").

this allows you to know if your colleague is off for a coffee or in a 4 days vacation.

This feature is very much missing when using teams.

1,927 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

685 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. share custom area of screen

Teams full desktop screen sharing is not usable when one person has a wide or high resolution screen. Others who do not have a similar monitor have no way to see or zoom adequately. It would be ideal to have the ability to share a custom area of the screen similar to what Zoom meetings currently allow. As wide screen and curved monitors become more popular, this will become more important to address.

1,914 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

292 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Move a wiki page to a different channel

After writing an extensive wiki page in an existing channel, it became large enough to have it's own channel. Moving the page over to the new channel was very cumbersome because all the sections and formatting gets lost when copying over the text. I see that a page can be moved up or down within the wiki itself, but there is not option to move it to a different channel and believe this feature should be added.

Thanks,
    Kevin

1,892 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

251 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

This feature request is still on the backlog. No new information to share at this time.

-Warren

6. Change Teams Meeting Organizer

We often have one person booking a meeting or series of meetings (say training classes) that ends up being run by others. Would be nice if the meeting organizer could add another organizer or change the organizer to someone else. Currently only the organizer can take attendance. In our case, the organizer may not even be planning on attending the meeting.

1,883 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

228 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to remove a TEAMS meeting from an Outlook invite without cancelling entire invite.

Currently there is no way to remove a TEAMS meeting from the Outlook invite without cancelling the entire invite. Deleting the join info is not a solution as it still shows as a TEAMS meeting within the TEAMS client which leads to confusion.

We would like the ability to remove scheduled TEAMS meetings without cancelling the entire Outlook invite so we do not have to reschedule the entire thing if there is a change.

1,838 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

221 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add the ability to " Quick Print " a file without having to download or open in sharepoint

I want to have the ability to print a file without having to download it or opening Sharepoint. A "Quick Print" option would be 100% great

1,802 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

450 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Automatic Mute Notifications When On Video or Audio Call

Automatically mute all Teams notifications when on a video or audio conference call. Mute all notifications that are outside the conference call itself.

1,783 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

200 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Clear local cache button

Teams has a bunch of difference local caches and temp files that just continually grow forever in %appdata%\Microsoft\teams. It would be great to have a button that would wipe out all the local cache and temp files in this folder. Doing it manually has a very noticeable performance gain throughout teams.

As it stands, I'm going to write a powershell script to run on all the workstations I manage periodically to close teams and clean this up as a refresh of teams.

1,757 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

133 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Importing from Slack, Hipchat, Flowdock, Basecamp, etc.

Hi,
    We are using Slack for a long time and now we are thinking to transition to MS Teams. In Slack it is possible to export all channel content's in JSON with links to files uploaded to slack.
    It could be very useful to have the ability to import the slack history into MS teams.

1,746 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

123 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow ANYBODY to share their screen

Currently we have to use other services such as Google Hangout/Meet or other video conferencing apps to meet with people outside of our company, because MS Teams does not allow screen sharing for anonymous guests. Its a real pain ********** that Teams doesn't have this ability and most other services do. We meet with people outside of our company a lot so we frequently need to abandon MS Teams for these meetings.

1,744 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

142 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. remote control uac

We're using Teams for chat and video meetings, but would like to use the screen sharing and remote control for troubleshooting and suppport requests. However, Windows does not pass UAC prompts through the Teams screen sharing.

1,737 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

380 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Real-time translation feature for Teams meeting

It would be great that Teams could implement a real-time translation for conversations in a meeting and captioning feature like the Presentation Translator add-in for PowerPoint. This feature would be useful to have a Teams meeting with users in other countries.

1,714 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

247 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add the full screen option during Screen Sharing and Meetings

Why did Teams remove the full screen Option during Screen Sharing and Meetings? This was an option before and now it's been replaced by "Focus" which DOES NOT do the same thing. Now ever time someone share their screen with me, I have to squint at what they're showing. The Focus option does nothing. We used to be able to full screen shared screens and see everything at the proper size. It is unprofessional of Microsoft to keep removing and changing useful features without any notice.

1,713 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

242 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Teams for Xbox (for office use)

We use Teams everywhere - PCs, mobile, Yealink phones, etc. We have an Xbox in our meeting room - since the Xbox is a powerhouse and can accomodate a big screen monitor, HD web cam, speakers, mics, etc., how about Teams on the Xbox? It would save us from spending another $5K on a Teams meeting room device... and how cool would it be?

1,713 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

295 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow rearranging contacts and groups

The new contact list is now live but it's missing the ability to rearrange contacts and groups by drag and drop like you can now do with teams and recent conversations.

I have quite a few contacts and large groups so sorting them would be very useful.

1,707 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  228 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Automatic recording meetings

If you know beforehand that a meeting should be recorded then it would be nice to have an option when scheduling the meeting to start recording automatically. This can help with not forgetting to start recording and save some time and effort not having to remember to do it manually.

1,636 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

205 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Do not invite the whole team to a channel meeting

I saw a "Completed" story for this but that is FALSE. I scheduled a new meeting, picked a channel to mention it in, and invited the select people i wanted in it. It then proceeded to magically without my knowledge invite EVERYONE on our team which is a huge amount of people. We should be able to pick a room for the meeting to take place but not invite the whole team! If i want the whole team there i'll add them as participants!!

1,592 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

194 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Joining a Team

CHANGE PROMPT:
    Change "Add team" to "Add or join a team": I avoided this button because I thought it would always create a new team. It wasn’t evident to me that I could browse for existing teams there too.

PREVIEW A TEAM:
    Provide the ability to preview a Team without immediately joining, to see what the reason for the Team is and what Channels exist. It’s a little cumbersome to have to join, realize the Team isn’t what you thought it was, and leave.

TEAMS DISCOVERABILITY
    Presently you have to know the name of a team to be able to…

1,586 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

117 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    partially done  ·  Warren responded

I’m switching the status to Partially Done.

The request for a Preview Team is still in the works. No new information is available at this time.

Team Discoverability is still being worked upon, no details are available at this time. If you support this idea please navigate over to the main topic and vote for it! https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/

Change Prompt: this has been completed
    -Warren

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base