Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatically enter attendees into a conference call in Teams (rather than having to accept them from the lobby)

Currently, you have to enter each individual in the "lobby" of a Teams meeting. Is there a way that they could just "join" as it was using Skype? It would make things much more efficient.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have an option for Teams to call you at a phone number so you are automatically logged into the call (this is the way Skype Meetings worked)

When you enter a Skype meeting, it gives the option for the meeting to contact you at a phone number you input. When the meeting calls you, you are automatically entered into the meeting (which is a nice feature so that you don't have to punch in the meeting ID and passcode). This does not appear to exist on the Teams meetings and would make things much more efficient.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. copy email

When you copy the email address to a channel provide the option to copy just the naked email address or the full email address currently provided.

There are times that I want to share an article I read with a channel but have to clean up the email address I copied to remove all of the extra information so that I have just the address.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change the language in Android app

In the Android app, isn't possible change the language such as the Windows or MacOs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add features

Skype business allowed us to view extention # in description area, Teams don't have that. Also can't hide chats when not chatting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow layout changes for for what is seen when opening (without the massive message area). Like Skype for business layout.

Allow layout changes. For instance, allow users to pick a layout like Skype for business so that only a contact list is seen when opened (without the massive message area).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Message alerts in Teams ABSOLUTELY STINKS!

We went from Skype for Business over to Teams recently and it's a COMPLETE DISASTER when it comes to alerts. Nearly EVERYONE at our business is missing alerts because of the poor design that you have. We constantly have to chase people down now when we rarely used to have to do this with Skype.
    How could you design something so poorly???

FIX YOUR PROGRAM. IT'S SUPPOSED TO MAKE PEOPLE EFFICIENT, NOT THE OPPOSITE.

If you expect people to constantly keep an eye on the taskbar for a message alert or voicemail (don't even get me started on your backwards…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. What no Undo feature?

When this the Undo feature first appear; in MS software? 20 years ago?
    Careless, very Careless, QC was done on this software which has such great potential! Fix it fast before I lose interest because of all these bugs!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Authorizations to access and manage specific folders and files

Hello everybody. I think it would be very useful if we could give authorizations for the team members to access and manage specific folders and files.

In this case we’d have all the team members sharing information about the project on the chat channel, but been able to access and manage only the folders and files they are able to.

At least for me it’d be very useful. Thanks for your time!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Pick which greeting to use

I want to be able to record an alternate greeting when I am on vacation and then select that one to be used when I'm away, versus changing my default greeting all the time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Improve the Skype to Teams User Migration Process

We are rolling out Teams to specific groups. The problem we have is that other users who have experimented with Teams but aren't running it regularly never see messages sent to them in Teams. Even when we switch them to Skype Only mode, the contact in Teams is for an orphaned Teams account. The user using Skype has to message a Teams only user to start a chat with the Skype Only user. If the Teams only user tries to message the Skype Only user, the message goes into a black hole.

This is killing adoption. New users don't want…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Teams にもSKype for Business にあった「今すぐ会議」を付けて欲しいです。

お客様と会議を直ぐに開くとき
    「今すぐ会議」があれば、即会議を開催し、
    URLを生成してメールを送信する。事をよくしています。
    Teamsは相手が社内であれば簡単に設定して会議を開く事ができますが
    相手が社外の場合、少し面倒だと感じます。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Support office keyboard shortcuts! Why can't you delete entire word by pressing ctrl+backspace?

Support office keyboard shortcuts in Teams! Why can't you delete entire word by pressing ctrl+backspace?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. ios attach files from Team in chat

For some reason I can’t attach a file from my Team in a chat, also missing the option to start a conversation when opening a document within a team.

Pls address this asap.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Finish off basic messaging features

It just doesn't seem vey finished... there is no way to edit or delete a message, there is no way to bulk clear notifications...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add a quick action bar to User controls

When you are in a Planner Kanban and you see an assigned user it would be very handy to be able to from there be able to Call, Chat or schedule a meeting with that user.

Basically if you would be able to right click (or similar) to get a action bar of what you want to do.

Today when you are going over tasks you have to jump around, also if this action could happen in a separate window that would be a huge +.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I want to determine if the Teams license is granted by user search

Clients can also search and send chats to non-Teams licensed users.
    I want to check if the user is licensed.
    I want you to be able to distinguish when doing a search.
    This is what regular users want to do, not administrators.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Public-facing information about the size limit of cloud mailbox

I strongly request you to give a public-facing information about the mailbox size limit (if applicable) and its limit values for cloud mailbox that stores Teams chat histories of on-premise users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Dra in flera personer i en chatt.

Om någon öppnar en chatt med mig vill jag ha möjlighet att dra in ytterligera personer i dialogen utan att dra om dialogen från början, jmf cc-funktionen i mail. Nu möts man av en blank sida när man lägger till en person.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base