Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. There needs to be an alert to indicate new items added.

Within the desktop version, there is no indication that new items have been added to review... or new comments

The only communication is via email this would really improve the usage of teams

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Some notification bugs in moste recent client

Here are some bugs, I'd like to mention, which I am experiencing for some weeks now:

The notification doesn't work any longer, although, I downloaded the most recent client from the o365 Dashboard - regardless whether I choose the option "banner only", "banner and e-mail"

e-mail notification doesn't work either with MS outlook, regardless which setting I choose - seems like the options are only click dummies without function

sound issues with notification - some times I get a sound, when receiving a new message, some times not.

Please fix these I really like MS Teams, thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Is it possible to add translate feature when searching people's Name in Teams?

Is it possible to add translate feature when searching people's Name in Teams? We think this is very serious problem as we have 2 different type of Chinese (Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese). We have employee in China and their name will be built with simplified Chinese; however, we are the IT admin in Taiwan, so not all of us can really understand simplified Chinese. If we could leverage Translation API on this searching feature, it will be amazing.
    I believe this will also benefit other countries that has similar problem as us.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Excel on android

Please let Excel file open in Teams for Android.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Font Alterations staying at time of change throughout chat

The font allows us to change it but only for one message. In a group chat its easier to distinguish who is talking with different fonts but its difficult to change every time you send a message.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. webhook

Events or Webhooks to get notified whenever a message is posted in a channel or team.:

For development purpose, when we need to monitor a channel, events to a URI must be available whenever a message is posted by a user. This feature is available in several messaging clients like Slack, Webex Teams , Watson Workspace. This would be really useful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. hyperlinks

Should be able to change how a link reads (I'm pasting the link in "conversations") ... just like one can in any other MSO application ... right-click > edit hyperlink > text to display

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Accessibility Improvements

MS teams does not work with any screen readers. I have had much difficulty trying to find a screen reader that works with MS teams and had no success. The Microsoft Narrator does not work consistently enough to be reliable and it works far better than any other reader I know of with MS teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Perpetual "1" message indicator on Android app

Wish it would accurately reflect state of viewed

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. unable to add people to the free teams

I have signed for the Free version of Teams using my personal Microsoft account and I am unable to add people to a Team or to my Org in the Free version of Teams. When trying to invite someone I get an error that says "We're having trouble sending the invitations. Please try again later". No matter how many times I try, it doesn't work. I even created a new Free-Teams account and got the same result with that one too. Please help.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. download

I uploaded a few files in the "Files" tab of a team, but if I try to download the file back to my PC, it doesn't do anything.
    I tried to right click on the file name and choose download.
    I tried to select the file and then click on the ... on the right side and select download, nothing happens.
    What should I do?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Mac version navigation seems superior

Why do the small number of my MAC users report great joy from the the MAC Teams aspp as opposed to the Windows version?

The navigation (< and >) appears to work so much better on the MAC.

Is there a plan to match the functionality?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Team Collection Manager

Create a new role of Team Collection Manager - Same as in SharePoint, or grant the sharepoint site collection manager have complete access to all Teams. Many times I as the SharePoint/Teams Site Collection Admin for my Company need to access a team to troubleshoot or demonstrate a feature or add a new owner because the previous owner has left and the team failed to have 2 owners in the Team per company policy. I have to either get team owners to add me or I have to go in through the ADMIN center to fix the issue. Having complete…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make it possible to return to Office 365 from the Teams app

We use the browser in Office 365 to go to a Team which opens the Teams app. But from the Teams app it is not possible to go back to Office 365/SharePoint Online.
    It is possible to create a new tab which opens the website but this is an I-frame and does not look nice. Also you have to log in again to a site that you just visited.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Improvement on the chat records searching

I find it is very hard to search the chat history of one person, also, it runs and displays very slowly when I scan the chat records before.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow the users to turn off e-Mail notifications, and still keep the standard phone/computer notifications on.

Allow users to manage, not only what they are notified by, but also what kind of notifications the user would like.
    I cant turn off notifications. If I do, I wont see the messages. I cant let it stay on, because it spams my email more than regular spam-Mail does.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Improve UI/UX

The UI is very difficult to navigate. As a user I have to move between teams and chats and feed to see my activity making me change environments every time.

Some Ideas:

1. A Team should be a master object
    2. Activity, Chats, Meetings, Wiki and Files should be properties of the object Team.

First left bar should show A list of teams

1. When I click on a Team it should show on the next bar a list of chats, one to one and groups.
    2. Tabs on top should let me move between chats, meetings, wiki and files.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. TeamsOnly mode - Change Skype for Business Sign-On SIP Address

Present the Options icon in the Skype for Business client after a user has been upgraded to TeamsOnly mode, so the user can change the sign-in address.

Once a user has been set to TeamsOnly (UpgradeToTeams) mode, the Skype for Business client displays a new splash screen after sign-in. This splash screen displays a notification that "Your organization is now using Teams", and prevents the user from using the Skype for Business client.

The new Teams splash screen hides the Options box which would allow you to change the sign-in address. For those testing, supporting multiple organizations, or simply have…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Need to be able to see future calls within the meeting window in Teams. Seems to only go out a month and need to cancel a future mtg

Need to be able to see future calls within the meeting window in Teams. Seems to only go out a month and need to cancel a future meeting. I cannot see a meeting in September (today = Aug 15th) to cancel that meeting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.