Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams do not have features to show local timings like public Skype while booking meeetings through calender

One of the most useful features in normal public Skype was that you can see in what time zone the users are in, and especially see their local time. So can easily schedule meetings, now if they are still left at work or not. Can you please check if this feature exist in MS teams somehow. If not it is good to have these feature added

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. MS-Forms Connector Tab in a Channel

When I Roll out a Survey to my Team as Tab in a Channel, it is not allowing users to open in the tab. Can this be accommodated?

As the same survey can be reached when I provide the Link but somehow it opens up in my Browser.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IT Pro - Security and Compliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. macOS native keyboard shortcut is overridden

macOS has its native keyboard shortcuts that are helpful for text editing. However, some of them doesn't work on Microsoft Teams.

* Control-A: Move to the beginning of the line or paragraph.
    - DOESN'T work. Instead, all texts are selected (the same as Command-A)
    * Control-B: Move one character backward.
    - DOESN'T work. Instead, selected texts become bold (the same as Command-B)

Control-A is quite important for me because it is the very common shortcut in Linux/Unix environments. Refer "Moving faster" section on this link for the details.
    http://teohm.com/blog/shortcuts-to-move-faster-in-bash-command-line/

For all native keyboard shortcuts on macOS, please refer the following…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Renamed task delivers wrong title in email

I created a task template since all projects consist of mostly the same points. We typically use client name and a project address. I put in the wrong address when setting up the job as 515. When we discovered it was in error, I corrected the task name to 525 and all appeared fine in Teams. Now when we add comments it reports the original task name using 515

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. forms

When using @Forms to create a survey/ask a question within TEAMS, it works for people in the same tenant, but guests (from another tenant) receive the message "An error has occurred. Please try again"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Activity and Teams are confusing

I like the chats screen, but the activity and Teams screens get a little confusing. If there is only one chat in a team it would be nice not to see the chat name. Would like to see the activity screen with a more group chat feel instead of every message from a team being separated

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. gainSight

Hello,

Here at my company we are diving pretty hard at customer success. It would be nice to integrate Gainsight inside Microsoft Teams

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Using "Du" instead of "Sie" as Language/Local option

In German you have "Du" and "Sie" for the englisch "you". It's usefull to can change between both.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Disappearance of Chats etc.

I chat (text) to someone on Teams yesterday. This morning, the chat has disappeared, the person also doesn't show under "Recent chats" which I would've intuitively expected.
    Nothing is shown under activity, ever, which is odd, don't know why it is there.
    Under teams, it says: "Join or create a team", yet when I click there, it only gives me the option to "Join a team with a code", I expect it to also allow me to create a team here.
    It is irritating that a chat is sent to my email if I don't attend to it, it fills…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Improved Dark Mode.

I like the dark theme but some elements are way to bright. Like using Planner within teams the buckets use a bright white color. If you have the entire screen full of buckets it kind of ruins it all.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. The phone app will not let me respond to questions nor send messages. It will allow me to type a message, but not show send arrow.

Am trying to send msgs through TEAMS phone app. It lets me type a msg, but won't let me scroll down to the send plane, so i can't communicate with the app. Have a Samsung J7. Suggest someone publish a solution.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Teams tab is not opening in mobile always show something went wrong

Teams tab is not opening for "wiki" and files in mobile always showing something went wrong message. But works good in desktop

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Emoji with a beard please!

Emoji with a beard please, i feel like facial hair is not recognised!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Problems with files and conversations

Hi.

There is a problem with the shared files in Microsoft Teams, if a document with a name is shared, for example "1.txt" in a group chat, and then in another group chat a document with different content is shared, but with the same name "1.txt" the same is replaced in all the chats, the documents should be separated by chat.

Also, if you have a group chat with 3 people (for example). A call is made in this chat, but it is decided to add a fourth person to the call. Once the call is finished that person becomes…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. There needs to be an alert to indicate new items added.

Within the desktop version, there is no indication that new items have been added to review... or new comments

The only communication is via email this would really improve the usage of teams

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Some notification bugs in moste recent client

Here are some bugs, I'd like to mention, which I am experiencing for some weeks now:

The notification doesn't work any longer, although, I downloaded the most recent client from the o365 Dashboard - regardless whether I choose the option "banner only", "banner and e-mail"

e-mail notification doesn't work either with MS outlook, regardless which setting I choose - seems like the options are only click dummies without function

sound issues with notification - some times I get a sound, when receiving a new message, some times not.

Please fix these I really like MS Teams, thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.