Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Maintain Australian English Language Settings on Desktop Application Update

Microsoft has advised us that:-

We have discussed this issue with Teams desktop client language with our technical advisor and we have found that Teams desktop client only picks up the OS language when you have set a Teams supported language in the OS and unfortunately, English Australia is not a supported language for MS Teams. Hence the users need to setup the English Australia manually in Teams desktop client and by design it will switch back to the default English UK when Teams client is signed out or uninstalled or auto updated.
    Refer: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/change-your-display-language-in-microsoft-teams-293792c3-352e-4b24-9fc2-4c28b5de2db8
    We request you to share…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

working on it  ·  0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Merged  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi Per! I’m sorry, I know this has been a pain. We’re working on it and should have this resolved soon. Stay tuned.

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

3. Scaling pictures don't work

The possibility to scale a picture in a wiki article seems to have stopped working. Since the day before yesterday one can only scale the pictures that's been uploaded in the past, a new picture is one size and impossible to scale. Is this a known issue?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Follow Skype for Business License for Chat in Teams

I work in the education sector and have over 1 million licenses we look after. 99% of these are not licensed to use skype for business because they do not want users to be chatting during lessons (K-12). This is for esafety reasons and prevent bullying when teh school dont have the time or resources to monitor this. For those that have, they can get a copy of the conversation history as it is stored in teh users mailboxes.

Teams does not follow any of this and some of my larger customers will not adopt Teams until the chat facility…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  3 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

We’ve listened and the ability to leave a chat will soon be released! To access it you will simply click the “…” overflow menu from the left rail, on the chat you wish to leave. A fly-out will appear allowing you to either Favorite, Mute, Hide, or Leave the chat.
    Look for this early in the new calendar year! -Warren

6. Incorporate MS To do or task to the teams left side menu

incorporate the option of review and complete the task of Outlook or to do, as part of the teams platform

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Mac OS X Sierra login/logout

Seems to be taking an age to log in on Mac OS X Sierra, it also logged me out after my machine went to sleep

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  swatijha responded

Thank you for submitting the feedback.
    We are working on fixing log out issues on Mac Teams desktop client.
    We will keep you posted once we have it in production.

Thanks
    Swati Jhawar
    Senior Product Manager, Microsoft Teams

8. Autostart

Is it possible you can create another autostart client soon.. I have only 3 - 4 M$ Office products starting up when I power on?

It is usually ready to work at lunch time, a couple of more M$ autostart "features" and I don't need to do anything more than start up the old can, wait it for to be done, shut down and had home.

Thanks Guys! :)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  swatijha responded

Thank you for submitting the feedback.
    We are working on enabling settings where user can control if they want the app to start in background or doesn’t want app to start on machine boot at all. It should be available very soon. We will keep you posted once we have it in production.

Thanks
    Swati Jhawar
    Senior Product Manager, Microsoft Teams

9. International settings are false

Why Microsoft still binds country and language? For example Finland is a bilingual country and the official languages are Finnish and Swedish. Yet Sweden has slight differencies for eaxample in date format. Thus choosing Swedish/Sweden is not the correct choice. Another problem comes with the fact that I am working in an international company where the software language is English. This is also reasonable due the fact that local translations are not always correct and all bug fixes are not localized nor there may be a localized version available. But since I motly write in Finnish, I definitely like to…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. User menu, Saved messages: Translation issue

Italian for "Saved bookmarks" (the option in the user menu under the status setup) is mistakenly translated to "Salvataggio eseguito", as in "[It] has been saved". The correct translation, based on other translations, should be "Messaggi salvati", as in "Messages (bookmarks) that were saved".

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Norwegian

When creating new event/meeting from Teams, the translation of «Title» is wrong («Stilling»). It should be translated to «Tittel».

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Stop making me click "New Messages" every time someone speaks.

Please get rid of the "New Messages" popup. This is especially annoying in private chats when I don't even leave the window. I want to blow my brains out when I have to click the button every time someone says something. By doing this you're saying that the message way at the top of the thread is more important than the new one that just came in. This is a usability nightmare.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Merged  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi Brett, I’m so sorry this has been a nightmare for you! We hear you loud and clear and we’re working on an auto scroll solution.

I’ll let you know once its released.

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

Email: sparavi@microsoft.com
    Twitter: @skprufo

13. No way to create Public teams?

All teams appear to be "private", so explicit invites are required. I'd like a company-wide team that includes channels of interest to all our employees, but that appears impossible at the moment?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Merged  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 3 5 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base