Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Prevent Team Members from deleting channels

Right now any team member can delete a channel, we need a feature to prevent deletion, or only allow deletion of a channel by its owner, or creator.

163 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Suphatra responded

You can do this by removing the permission to delete channel from team members. To do this, go to the web browser version of teams as an ‘Owner’ and selecting the menu on the Team > View Team > Settings > and then de-slect the “Delete Channels” option.

Thanks to the user Stephen who already provided these instructions a couple months ago.

Suphatra

P.S. Have you checked out our blog? https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams-Blog/bg-p/MicrosoftTeamsBlog

2. Allow Video Upload from Mobile Devices

Allow video uploads to a channel's conversation (chat) from Teams mobile application. This feature is currently used in Slack by our teams.

160 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Warren responded

This feature request has now been completed and released to the public.

Enjoy! :)
    -Warren

3. New Notifications email message

Currently when we receive an email notification it just says this person sent a message but it would be nice if you could see what the message is when you are offline.

Thanks,
    Mike

159 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  37 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. add timestamps on replies and chats

Please add time-stamps for replies and chats. Right now, it gives the day (i.e. Yesterday). But the next day, I can't tell when messages were sent/received. Thanks!

159 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey guys, sorry for the double email on this. I got some details wrong. Whoops! Let me start over…

A few months ago, you provided this feedback. We went and created this feature. Now you can see the time and date stamps in the product. Yay!

Note: When a message is sent on the same day, you won’t see the date (unless you hover) — you’ll only see the time. After the same day, you’ll see a timestamp of the exact date and time.

Ping me if you have questions on this! See contact info below.

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams
    Email: sparavi@microsoft.com
    Twitter: @skprufo

5. Add Location Function

Please integrate a share location function. This is the only setting which is missing. Nice App. Thumb UP

159 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. SSO using ADFS / AzureAD

Is there a way to have the desktop app not prompt for credentials? We use ADFS and AzureAD and opening the Teams Desktop App requires an email address and password instead of just passing it through?

157 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  swatijha responded

Hi everyone, thanks so much for your feedback. With our GA release, we have enabled SSO on Windows. We now support Native ADAL integration.
    Hope you all have experienced the change and enjoying smooth login experience.

Swati Jhawar
    Microsoft Teams

7. Allow chat to have more than 10 participants

Today only 10 participants are allowed in chats.

Its essential to remove this limit.

155 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good news! We’ve increased chat to 20 participants.

If you have any questions, just tweet me at @skprufo.

Thanks,
    Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

8. Recurring Meetings

During certain projects it would be very useful to be able te schedule recurring events in certain teams.

154 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This has been done for a while now — just click the “Repeat” button when you’re in the meeting creation pop-up.

9. Links to Channels in Public Teams don't work

Links to Channels in Public Teams don't work. If you click a link to a Channel in a Public Team that you've not yet joined, the link does not work. This was a feature just added to the April 26, 2017 update on Windows (release note below).

"Link to a channel or team: Now, you can grab a shareable link to a channel or team just by clicking the … next to the channel or team name. Copy and paste the link in a message or email to give someone a quick and easy entry point to key conversations, files,…

146 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request has been completed and is now available to the public!
    -Warren

10. Delete or edit your message from a mobile device

Adding delete/edit option on the mobile app would be truly appreciated. It is really annoying when you make a mistake while typing a message or you post something that you want to remove, but you simply can't. Hopefully, this feature will be added.

146 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. iOS sharing

Please add support for iOS Sharing. I want the ability to share with teams like I can on slack.

145 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature actually released in January 2018 and is available to the public!

Thank you all for the great feedback.
    -Warren

12. allow users to add/create teams from the mobile apps

Lots of users are mobile-only, so it seems like an oversight to require users to sign into the desktop app to add themselves to teams or create a new one before they can even use the mobile app. The mobile app finds my info just fine, why not team info too?

139 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item has shipped and is now available.

However, please note that for the EDU it is still “planned”. I’ve created and EDU item track the work for schools and universities.

-Warren

13. Reuse existing file in chat

In the chat if you press the attachment icon you can select files that already exist in the channel/team, this is great if you want to talk about them without opening them first.

BUT, the system will try to re-upload the file and the default action is to overwrite the file. I guess this will confuse users and possibly break same time collaboration. Renaming is even worse since it will create a copy just because I want to talk about the file.

I suggest that if the file already exists within teams you only will get an embed experience rather…

138 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  23 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Prevent Team from showing in Outlook Global Address List

Is there any way to prevent Teams from showing up in the Global Address List in Outlook?

Some of our team names might be specific to a problem, or have a ticket#, or even downright silly (see attached screenshot). We don't want to lock down Team creation; we'd just like to prevent the Team from showing up in the GAL (by default).

137 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great news everyone! This feature request has released!

Based on customer feedback, new Office 365 Groups generated as a result of creating a team in Microsoft Teams will no longer show in Outlook by default.
    For customers that want to continue with the existing behavior of showing these groups in Outlook, an Exchange Online PowerShell cmdlet will be provided which can enable the group for the Outlook experience. Groups created through Outlook and then later enabled for Teams will continue to show in both Outlook and Teams. This update will gradually roll out across Outlook and Teams in the coming months.

Roadmap mention – https://products.office.com/en-us/business/office-365-roadmap?filters=&featureid=26955

Overview of Teams summary – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/MicrosoftTeams/teams-overview

Thank you all for the feedback and support!
    -Warren

15. Provide ability to fully recover deleted Teams

When a Team is deleted, either by accident or maliciously need the ability to recover all assets including files, plans, chats, the works.

137 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 136 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. MAC app fails to update with standard account (needs admin creds)

On most Macs I’ve tried, the automatic update framework is pretty aggressive, and apparently cannot be unconfigured. However, it consistently fails to update the app when I’m logged in with a standard account. The app occasionally prompts for admin creds (I assume it’s making an update helper daemon), and I supply them, but the only Helper process Teams ever runs is owned by the standard account. I’m not sure exactly what to suggest here, because there are several opportunities for change, some of which might obviate usefulness of others. Ideas might be some user interaction to defer the forced relaunch…

134 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

Wanted to let you know that a New Mac installer has released to the Public ring. It has a new auto-update mechanism and will no longer require an admin password for updating!

Thank you for your support and feedback!
    -Warren

18. Remove bots

The only way to discover what a bot does is to enable it. Then after you discover you don't want it it's too late and it can't be removed. They just sit there and junk up my Teams interface.

133 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the delay on this update, folks. It slipped off my to-do list. Luckily, it looks like a lot of you have figured out that you can remove a bot through the team settings page. This deletes the bot from your team.

If you have any questions, just tweet me at @skprufo.

Thanks,
    Suphatra

19. Use cmd instead of alt/option for shortcuts (was @ in Mac application)

Did you noticed that using a Mac, when you try to write an @ doesn't work?It seems that ALT + 2 works as a shortcut and opens the chat window.

131 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request has now been completed! Thank you for the suggestion and all the feedback.

-Warren

20. Missed Skype For Business Messages Disappear

Currently if I am in Teams and someone from Skype sends me a message while I am away or do not click the notification immediately the message becomes missed completely. Skype For Business will open a window if you have it open but if you do not once the notification window closes the message is lost.

It would be nice to have the message open in Teams, bold like a pending message is so that no messages are lost.

130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request has completed and has been released to the public.

Thank you for the feedback/suggestion.

-Warren

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.