Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need prompt before updating on MAC

Every time there is an update for the desktop client (at least on Mac) the client updates automatically without prompting the user, which always seems to invalidate the session. There should be an option to prompt the user before the client is updated. (similar to how VS Code does it, perhaps)

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This item is being reviewed by the feature team. No timeline is available yet.

-Warren

2. Show all Content Types in 'New' dropdown from Files tab

When adding additional content types to a SharePoint library surfaced in a Files tab in Teams, the content types do not appear under the 'New' option inside the Files tab in Teams. They do appear in SPO.

In this example a new Content Type based on a Word file template has been added to the Document Library called 'Decision paper'. Here's what that looks like:
    From the Files tab: https://i.imgur.com/uEzVHwV.png
    From SharePoint: https://i.imgur.com/JRhLovZ.png

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Rule: Only Members of a security group should be allowed to add Guest users on MSTeams

Issue Description: Customer want to ensure that only certain people can do this. These people are:
    1. Owner of the Team
    2. In the group F_P_DOX_KU_EXTERN (Security Group) the group is on SharePoint Admin Center > Sharing > Who can share outside your organization
    Let only users in selected security groups share with authenticated external users - F_P_DOX_KU_EXTERN

This worked two weeks back.
    If this is not possible customer would like to ensure that these people are:
    1. Owner of the Team
    2. Have the Role for adding guests set in the AAD
    Customer have tried to get this to…

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Profanity filters in Teams

I see there are content filters for GIPH images but not for text, looking for something that can filter profanity from conversations.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  8 comments  ·  IT Pro - Security and Compliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Can we have an option to get rid of the Store icon in Teams?

Yeah, I get it, Microsoft wants to sell ****.

In a corporate environment, though, I can't actually buy anything. Nor do I want anything except a collaboration app that isn't a pain **********. So the icon is just more clutter in what I feel is an already-cluttered interface.

(I'm sure there are free apps in the store; I just don't care.)

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. provision

It would be great if we could provision teams and channels with a template like Microsoft PNP. In the case of provsioning i would like to be able to add tabs bot connectors and compesed extentions in pre configured in a json or xml template. Rolled out with C#, JS or Powershell.

hope we can get this uservoice request activated.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Connectors stop working when the creator leaves the team

We have found when a user leaves a Team or is removed from a Team all of the connectors for that user stop functioning. They remain, which is critical, so another user can read and replace the defunct connector.

Would be great if they continued to function or if there was a way to transfer to another user or have another user assume control.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Suphatra responded

This is a known issue — will update you when I have more info.

Suphatra

8. Removed users can see notifications and partial text on threads which they commented

1. Add a user to a private team
    2. Have the user comment on a thread
    3. Remove the user's access to the team
    4. The removed user will still receive notifications every time a different user replies to that thread.
    5. The user will see the preview text in the notification
    6. When the user clicks the notification, they do not have access (as expected)

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Integration of Microsofts Q&A bot into team-channels

Microsoft has a Q&A bot-maker.
    There should be the possibility to create/integrate a Q&A bot within a channel/team.
    The Q&A bot should scan questions in the channel and answer questions that where previously already answered.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. onenote

The new implementation of the OneNote tab is poor. The old process of creating a section within the Team Notebook was ok to a point, but needed the additional flexibility to create a tab with content from another notebook when required. The new process of prompting for a new notebook or to open an existing notebook or create a link to an existing notebook is messy. It slows the process of setting new teams with channels and will lead to inexperienced users creating new notebooks where they are not required. Also when a new notebook is created initially, then you…

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  12 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. unable to authenticate through browser pop

I am seeing a bug with the Teams’ desktop application (Windows and Mac) that doesn't support advanced security for user authentication.

When using the Teams’ desktop client the tab is unable to complete the authentication which pops a browser window to authenticate the user. The Teams’ web client pops the authentication window and authenticates the Teams’ tab user as expected.

The use case that triggered this: Trying to add a published Smartsheet to a tab in my Teams channel with the Smartsheet sheet publish option "Only available to users in owner's account" enabled.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Security and Compliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Inactive desktop notification period is too short

I don't want mobile notifications after being inactive for only three minutes on the desktop.

The period should be configurable or at least 10 or 15 minutes

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. We need more GIFS please...........

Please can you add more GIFS so we have more to choose from like we have on Twitter. It increases staff interaction and makes TEAMS really fun. I love TEAMS and this would make it perfect for me. Thanks very much in advance.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Office365 myApps Integration in MS Teams

We setup MS Teams for some teams in our company. What i miss is the option to add a new tab which contains the myApps from the office365 Portal. We developed own enterprise Apps which are accessible over the 0365 portal but i need to append them in MS Teams to the single user.
    Add a Website with "myapps.microsoft.com" or "portal.office.com" are shown in MS Teams but they wont work. Any future plans for integration?

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Files tab no longer opens General folder

The link to the General folder in the associated SharePoint document register is broken. This prevents attachment to be added to Conversations. Please make it possible to edit the Files link so that correct function can be reestablished. This would also allow people to use the Files tab to point to their prefered location rather than a predefined location based on Channel Name. This is a serious issue inhibiting adoption of Teams in my Company.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The Create Team button is broken

When I go to create a new team, I click on the "Create Team" button, and nothing happens/

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi folks, is this still happening for you? If so, please send me your logs at sparavi (at) Microsoft (dot) com. I’ll see if we can repro the issue and figure out what’s going on.

Thanks,
    Suphatra

17. Ability to run Get-Team without Teams license assigned

To run get-team requires Teams license as per the update from MS. Please make it available without assigning Teams license. As many administrators in our customer does not have any license assigned.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  4 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Nested Groups exceeded the Max Limit of 25

There is probably a suggestion for better integration for AD groups, but creating a team for Engineering our existing DL's are used to manage all membership. Adding a DL to a Team, that has many nested DL's does not seem allowed.

Need to
    1/ support AD Groups as a first class citizen
    2/ support for nested DL's that are greater than 25

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Developer API to install custom Apps in personal scope and for a specific Team

I'd like a developer API regarding management of custom Apps. Mainly the ability to install custom Applications (in personal scope) for all our users, so that they automatically have our "company" app installed in their Teams sidebar.

Additionally, I'd like the ability to install (custom) apps/tabs in a specific team. This way a new Team can be customized automatically with all necessary tabs/bots/apps.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Second Planner Tab in Teams, does not show up in Planner

When I create a second Planner tab in Teams, it does not appear in Planner. But I can open the tab via the link in Teams. The data from the second tab also does not appear in the Planner Dashboard. I think it's a bug.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.