Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• or
  1. "Contact Groups" and "Favorite Contacts" without creating a team

Introduce "Favorite Contacts" and "Contact Groups" so we could group the contacts of our choice in specific groups without them knowing. It should be just for personal preference and personal ease of access to some frequently contacted people. Not everyone is part of team so we cannot add them in one team. Just allow us to group some contacts into a specific group name

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Contact Groups" and "Favorite Contacts" without creating a team

Introduce "Favorite Contacts" and "Contact Groups" so we could group the contacts of our choice in specific groups without them knowing. It should be just for personal preference and personal ease of access to some frequently contacted people. Not everyone is part of team so we cannot add them in one team. Just allow us to group some contacts into a specific group name

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Import Shifts Template Enhancements

It would be nice if the Import template had ALL options associated with shifts. For example, I name my shifts (i.e. an 8 hour swing shift is an S8), and code them a specific color, but the import feature does not have options for this which means I have to go through manually and change everything after the fact.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remove contact from group

1. Remove contact from group will misleading user: When you remove contact here, it means you delete contact directly

2. Delete contact without warning: It is misleading and there is no warning that the contact will be completely deleted.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. contact groups

Contact Groups within Teams should have an automated button that starts a group chat with that contact group, similar to tags.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. merge contact information

Need to add full functionality for adding contacts to the contacts list from teams to include email, multiple phone numbers, notes etc. Users shouldn't have to leave teams to manage contacts. Also need to add the ability to delete contacts from within teams.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Default Contacts View

Allow the chat screen to be set to default to "Contacts" rather than "Recent". I setup my "Contacts" list with the people I contact most recently in an organized manner and I don't like to have to click to "Contacts" everytime I open Teams.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. contacts tab

Dedicated Contacts tab - with custom groups, fields and quick links (to call, chat, send file, other apps integration..)

--

I think a contacts tab is (possibly with a compact view) to overview of the presence status and with customizable fields (add personal number, external contacts...)

Rolling over each contact the user should get the additional details and the possibility to click for on different functionalities (call, mail...)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. integrate MS outlook contacts and MS teams contacts

MS outlook contacts and MS teams contacts should be same database with access of information like email, phone from both tools

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Better Contacts Management

• When "Create a new contact group" -- Enable directory lookup and adding an entire AD group

• When "Add a contact to (existing) group" -- Enable adding multiple contacts at the same time, including AD group to add all members

• Sync with Skype for Business contacts and groups through O365 Work Account

• Enable drag & drop of contacts between groups

• Enable starting a new conversation with group (all members)

261 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Contacts, Add a Contact to this Group, input control not focused :-(

Contacts, Add a Contact to this Group, input control not focused :-(

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. linked contacts

In Skype for Business I could add distribution lists to my contacts. It meant that when someone joined the company, they would appear automatically in a user's contacts list as the make up of teams changed while the teams themselves stayed the same.

In Microsoft Teams, contact groups are near useless as they don't do anything other than offer manual sorting which nobody wants to do in this day and age.

Please allow me to add groups of contacts based on Office 365 Groups/Distribution Groups, and also as an admin please allow me to set which contact

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make Teams Status visible on mini contact card in Outlook

Issue: My company has recently started migration from Skype4B to Teams. Both Skype and Teams support mini-contact cards where you can simply hover on a name and see the person's name, team/dept and status. Expanding the contact card would show more information.

Currently this is done differently in Skype4B and Teams when viewing the contact card on Outlook.

If synced with Skype4B, when you hover you will be able to see whether the person is 'In call', 'In meeting', 'In conference call' or simply 'Busy'.

If the status is synced with Teams, you will need to expand the contact

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Better desktop and mobile notifications of chats from important contacts. Particularly my direct manager. And any VPs in my function.

When my manager sends me a Teams chat, I want a much more visual and auditory notifications of the chat. I also want the ability to give other VPs and important team members custom notifications.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Synchronize teams and contacts

External contacts added to Teams for calling and messaging are not synchronized with the contact database.
    There is only the e-mail given as a contact and not a way to put a name on the external contact in teams.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Include Outlook Contacts in Calls Contact list

Include Office 365 Outlook Contacts (local) in the Contacts of calls in a way that the data displayed can be changed to fit the needs of the user.

Outlook contacts are displayed (Thank you) but it is a 1985 display with no customization. Let us control the fields displayed and the size of each field to make this something other than an irritation.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Contact online activity

Under Chat>Contacts, I want my network of contacts to view status messages and online activity i.e. available, duration away from PC, busy, in a call, etc. next to the contact name as in Skype for Business.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Contacts

Skype allows me to drag the groups on my Contacts List in whatever order I want them. I would like to be able to do that in MS Teams. This allows me to put the groups I contact the most at the top.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Color code contacts

Enable assignment of color to specific contacts, to more easily find a chat from that contact in the list.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Teams Mobile - Sync & Search Outlook Contacts and Shared Contacts

Teams Mobile does not show any contacts created in Outlook, or shared contacts from shared Outlook mailboxes. Please allow Teams Mobile to sync with those contacts so employees don't have to waste time re-creating and maintaining the SAME CONTACTS they already create on the Teams Desktop app. It's crazy in 2019 that our employees have to re-type phone numbers (or re-create each individual contact) to call our clients from the Teams Mobile app.

We are a very small company with lots of clients. Being able to search only fellow employees in Teams Mobile and not…

188 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base