Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sync/Import existing Planner

If I already created a Planner before I created the Team, it would be nice to be able to import the existing planner into the new Team.

286 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

38 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Suphatra responded

Planner made this available a couple months ago, but posting here for reference. Also note that you must be the ADMIN of the Plan in order to have the permission to import it over to Teams.

The copy below is from the Planner blog post: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Planner-Blog/Bringing-a-Plan-into-Microsoft-Teams/ba-p/57463

Here are the steps and important items to note:

-In order to import a plan, you must create a Team from an existing O365 Group.
    -To bring the plan into Teams (mirroring the plan in the Planner web app), add a Planner tab to your Team, and click “Use an existing plan”
    -This will import your board and enable you to have a fully synced experience between Planner and Teams.

If you have any other Planner suggestions, please post them to planner.uservoice.com so you can hear directly from the Planner team!

Sincerely,
    Suphatra

2. Archive Teams

We often create agile teams to work on a specific project. Once the project is completed we would like to archive the team in order not to loose the content. Currently we just remove them from our favorites which means that the more list keeps growing. A function to archive a team would be appreciated.

Best regards
    Seb

282 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Edit Office documents without leaving Teams

While it's wonderful you can view docs shared with a team and said doc gets placed in share-point. The moment you edit the doc you get sent to a web-browser. Considering it's literally HTML, it would be nice if that session presented with within Teams rather than a separate browser pop up. It would make the collaboration process more seamless as well s allow people to continue their persistent chat in teams while editing and not be tempted to use the suddenly disjointed chat built into word/excel.

I feel the more seamless this experience is (only pop up word if…

275 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone, this feature is completed and will ship to your clients soon. Some of you may have received it too soon (our error, not yours) and then seen it mysteriously disappear. Don’t worry, it’s coming back! :-)

It will also be noted and instructions will be provided in our Release Notes. You can find release notes when you start a conversation with T-Bot (Release Notes will appear in his tabs) or you can go to this external website: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Release-notes-for-Microsoft-Teams-d7092a6d-c896-424c-b362-a472d5f105de

If you have any questions or face any issues with this feature, please just ping me directly on Twitter at skprufo or via email at sparavimicrosoft.com.

Cheers,
    Suphatra

4. Ability to check call quality ahead of calls/meetings

Skype for Business has a way to check your call quality so you can hear how you sound. Teams really needs this as well. I've had a few calls where I can hear the audience clearly, however they say my audio quality is poor.

I'd like the ability check and see how I sound before I join a Teams meeting or make a call.

269 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Start a meeting with the mic muted, like Skype and Lync do

When joining a meeting, the video and mic should be turned off by default and need to be turned on by the user either per session or globally via settings. This is the default behavior for both Skype for Business and Lync 2013 (as I recall).

269 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Warren responded

This feature request has been completed and shipped!

Thank you for the suggestion.
    -Warren

6. Desktop notifications for Windows

Need to have notifications in the action centre on Windows 10 also preferably make the desktop client a UWP app (I understand it is not currently) for full integration of notifications and (hopefully) Cortana

269 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  11 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. MacOS shortcuts and keyboard interactions

Please make MacOS default interactions (keyboard shortcuts/nav, menus, prefs, notifications). Other Office 365 apps are more native than this.

--

Request that text navigation shortcuts follow the system standard:
    cmd+left arrow – jumps cursor to beginning of text
    cmd+right arrow – jumps cursor to end of text
    option + left arrow – jumps cursor left one word
    option + right arrow – jumps cursor right one word

---

One of the issues with this is that the native notifications from other apps cover up the Team ones when both are active. If it was a native app, these notifications would…

255 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The revamp of shortcut keys has released to the public ring! It took a while but we finally have it ready for you all to use.

Thank you all for the feedback. :)
    -Warren

8. Allow team member to join meetings with phone

Enable dial in bridge and mobile capability for meetings. When team member has bandwidth constraints or only on mobile only they can't participate in meetings.

250 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  14 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Mobile app doesn't have all the tabs like the web or desktop app does

Mobile app doesn't have all the tabs that the web Mobile app doesn't have all the tabs like the web or desktop app does. Example is I added planner and third party website to the team. Doesn't show in mobile app and I get error "can't open the file" when clicking on the app in the conversations area.

246 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  23 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. TFS integration similar to VSTS

Provide an integration between Teams to TFS with a similar UX to the VSTS integration.

241 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  34 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Tool tips for Close and Minimize remain on the screen

Minimize and Close button tips remain on the screen after clicking each respective button. The only way to get them to go away is to either bring Teams back into focus or kill and restart the application. It is super annoying.

240 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone, this bug is officially eliminated. Email me directly if it resurfaces: sparavi @ Microsoft (dot) com.

Thanks for reporting it and supporting Teams! We really appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely,
    Suphatra

12. Multiple accounts should be available on mobile apps

Multiple accounts should be available for login to ensure updates could be seen for all valid accounts on teams

235 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add "quick reply" box to chat notification

Add one line text box to the new message notification so I can respond to a message quickly without switching the apps.

234 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great news everyone, this item has released to the public!

Enjoy!
    -Warren

14. Video and Screensharing Bug

When initiating a video call, I receive an error message which states video and screensharing will not work for me and that I should check my video drivers. I have the latest version of Microsoft Teams (v1.0.00.15151, 64-bit) and my webcam works for other video call and screensharing services, so I'm confident my video drivers are up-to-date. Some users I work with do not have this same problem, but I am aware that others are experiencing the same issue I am. I am running Windows 10 on a Dell Latitude E6540 laptop.

228 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

105 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Yay, this is finally fixed! We just rolled it out a few minutes ago, so it may take a day or two to show up on your machines.
    Just tweet me at @skprufo if you’re still struggling with it.

Thanks,
    Suphatra

15. macOS - Don't quit the app when I close the window

Mac apps, especially something like a chat client, should not QUIT when the user clicks the red X to close the window, as it does for Teams.

The red X should only close the WINDOW, but the app should remain running and logged in in the background.

Clicking the dock item should re-open the window instantly to where it was previously.

I find myself having to reopen Teams dozens of times a day, as well as missing important messages because I didn't realise the app had actually quit and not stayed running in the background.

227 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  swatijha responded

Hi everyone, thanks so much for your feedback. We have this fixed with release of GA.
    Hope you all have experienced the fix and app must be running in background even on closing the window.

Swati Jhawar
    Microsoft Teams

16. staffhub integration

StaffHub integration would be nice, a connector for two way data flow?

218 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Render linked images

If I link an image by URL (jpg, gif, etc.) render it inline in the chat as if I had pasted the image from my clipboard.

210 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Marking this as completed as a preview of linked images is now shown!

Thank you all for the feedback.
    -Warren

18. Name a chat

When you start a chat with some people, this chat appears in the Chat tab with the names of people in the chat, and there is no way to rename it. It would be helpful to be able to rename a chat.

206 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can now “name a chat” by clicking the edit icon on the left side of the text field. Tweet me at @skprufo if you have any questions!

-Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

19. Be able to choose different device for ringing

When I don't have my headset on I cannot hear when somebody calls.
    Should have an option to ring on a different device e.g. Skype 7.41.x. See attached.

204 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. allow me to create teams meetings in outlook for mac

Outlook for Mac does not allow me to create Teams meetings from Outlook.

201 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base