Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Move task (planner) from channel to channel

I have a set of task in Team A>> Channel A. I would like that ability to move one or more task in the current channel to another team: Team B >> Channel B.

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  7 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add an option to make Banners "sticky" so they would only go away after being acknowledged or dismissed

It'd be nice if unread updates to a channel or direct chat would result in a persistent banner that would stay on screen until I read the message or dismissed the notification.

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  13 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Usage policy on first access

Option to have a new user to agree with an usage policy on first access of Teams like it is available for Yammer.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  7 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Advance Whiteboard Features

Advance whiteboard features would add massive value to remote teams like icon & photo finder, wireframes templates, idea voting,web page capture or via URL, prebuilt templates (eg.Strategy, Agile, ideation, mind maps, sixsigma tools...)... A good inspiration can be found in Realtimeboard or Mural.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remove "Team has guests" after last guest has been removed.

Remove "Team has guests" after last guest has been removed.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Suphatra responded

Thanks to the folks who flagged this bug is back. Please upvote to be subscribed to the status of this bug.

6. Urdu Language Support

Please add Urdu language support

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  32 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Trello connector should allow you to create a card in Trello from a post in Teams

Our team uses Trello to track agile development activities and we use Teams as our end user community. If I could take a post in teams and create a card from it, that would be wonderful! For example, if an end user posted an issue to Teams, I would love to push it to trello so that our development team could work on it.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This feature request is now under review.

I’ll keep you posted as we get closer to a decision.
    -Warren

8. Improve API to navigate to team, tab, ...

We are building a custom application in Teams.

An end user opens up our application and:
    - We offer the user to navigate to a team by building up the link (similar to 'Get link to team')
    - When an end user clicks that link the browser opens up and asks if the link should be opened in the browser in the client application (see attachment)

It does not make sense to open up the link in the browser as we already have the client opened up.
    The end user should to end up in the Team general channel the…

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Private conversation inside a Public conversation

Looking to use Teams as an internal Crowdsourcing initiative.

Is there any possibility to switch from a Public conversation (meaning that the conversation under the channel is visible to all the members of that particular group) to a Private conversation (meaning that only 2 people will be able to see it and it will be hidden for the other members)?

This should apply no matter if the users are internal or guest/external.

Thanks,
    Stefano

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  5 comments  ·  IT Pro - Security and Compliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I'm missing some chat history

I have a chat with 2 colleagues. I saw some messages from one colleague in our chat on my Android phone on my way to work. When I got to work and started Teams for Windows 10 I started chatting with my colleague again, but I was missing a big chunk of the conversation history. Any idea what might be going on? It’s a real bummer not knowing if I’m missing messages. Especially weird that I saw it in one client (Android) but not the other (Windows 10).

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  29 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Custom Praise images please

We would like to be able to upload our own images so that we can praise staff using our praise/values identity.

This would assist us to move from other communications tools which currently have this functionality.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Quicker way to find contact and start conversation

Starting new conversation with colleague via teams (4-6 seconds, 7+ steps):
    1. Mouse click on pinned MS Teams on taskbar
    2. Wait for 1-2 seconds for MS Teams window to open
    3. Mouse click on "Search"
    4. Enter contact name
    5. Mouse click or down+enter to open chat
    6. Mouse click/focus message field
    7.Type + enter, message sent

Compared to Skype for business (1-3 seconds, 4 steps):
    1. Double click on taskbar Skype icon - window opens instantly
    2. Start typing contact name ("Search" is focused automatically)
    3. Press enter (first match chat window is opened, message field is focused) …

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  7 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Increase Teams Planner Checklist character limit

Character limit is 100 for Teams Planner Checklist items. I propose that be increased to at least 255, if not more.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Adjust Team Picture (Reposition/Resize)

I find the lack of adjustment (positioning and zoom) annoying in Teams. I would like to be able to use a product/company logos for the team picture without having to manually crop/resize the pictures in microsoft paint using trial and error to get them to display nicely.

Pretty much all websites/chat programs has the functionality I have described. I have attached an example of the desired behaviour - available in Skype, but not available in Teams :(

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Suphatra responded

Wanted to post that we acknowledge this feedback. We’re cranking on quite a few new features, so while you won’t see this soon, please know its on our to-do list!

I’ll let you know as it progresses forward.

Suphatra

15. We want the Muppets from "real skype"!!!

The muppets are a great team building/ice breaking feature that can add life to a dull conversation. We want the Muppets!

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is still under review. I’ll let you know as soon as I hear any additional news.
    -Warren

16. URL Scheme

URL Scheme for iOS and Android app - forexample ms-teams://user@organization.com will launch Teams and goto chat screen of the "user". URL Scheme can be extended to various features of the MS Teams app. This will help customize Employee App all organization have. Enabling Office 365 directly integrating to these app. Currently, I am using ms-outlook:// to integrate Email feature in the app I am working.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request is now being reviewed by the feature team. Once a decision is made, I will be sure to post the update on this suggestion.

-Warren

17. Do NOT reorder messages based on replies

If a message has replies, Teams changes the order of messages so that the original message takes on the timestamp of the latest reply.

DO. NOT. DO. THAT.

It is horribly flow-breaking to have the original conversation reordered based on later replies. This is totally unnecessary. The Activity feed can help me quickly jump to "new" posts regardless of their location in the channel order.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add message to "you got a new team"-email

When I add new members to a team I would like to add a message to the "you got a new team"-email. Just like that I can add a message when I share a file from OneDrive or SharePoint.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Chat heads

Can you make a chat head feature like what we have in Facebook? It would be easier to go back and forth with your chat messages while you are doing something on other areas of MS teams (i.e. channels).

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are looking into having multiple windows for Teams.

And thank you for the interesting idea!
    -Warren

20. Time limit for editing/deleting posts

We would need an admin setting to set a time limit for how long users should be able to edit/delete their posts/conversations.
    Owner should be able to delete without a limit but members should be able to edit/delete for example for only 15 minutes.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  5 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.