Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• or
  1. Feature for sorting threads diffrently

It would be great to have a feature that enables users to select how they want threads in channels presented. In a very active channel - it could be very annoying to have threads switching places in the channel based on latest update. In some cases it would be better if the threads was sorted chronologically in a channel. This would be good to choose on an individual user basis / team or channel

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show threads in team chat in list view

We have to show all messages in thread view. It's easy to see.
    However, if we want to see lots of messages in the list, we have to scroll a lot and take a lot of time. So, I'd like to propose an altanative way to switch the list view of threads just one click.
    In the list view, we can show thread title, message summary, crated date, last posted date and thread owner and sort the threads like SharePoint list.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stream Videos in Teams thread

I want to put Stream videos in Teams thread, not tab

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. It's hard to keep track of individual threads

It's hard to keep track of individual threads. It would be so much better if we had a reference by thread number (as a ticket number in some helpdesk apps)

E.g., someone has marked me as a a stakeholder in a thread. I read the thread but did not have time to respond. The only option I have now is to make the thread unread, which is not right. I should be able to flag this thread for future response (a "todo" flag) and should be able to refer to this thread easily by a number. E.g. "Look…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Attach to thread with ^

In the main text box, typing ^ as the first character should attach the message to the latest thread as a reply, ^^ would attach to the one before it.

The attachment should happen upon typing the character, so as to prevent the a last second thread from being started just before you post your message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Mute conversation thread not working

The ability to mute was added recently https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/35099476-ability-to-mute-a-conversation-thread

But it's not working for me if I mute the thread in a channel (general) where I have the notification options set to "Banner and feed", "Include all replies" and "Banner and feed". If I choose to mute a thread that should supersede the channel notification settings in all cases except when @ is used.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Improve UI for threaded conversations

I think that the threaded conversation view has a fundamental UI problem.

At present, the text control at the bottom of the view will start a new conversation, and replying to an existing conversation requires a specific action.

We have been trained by pretty much every other chat program in the world that the box at the bottom of the screen is for typing a reply to the current conversation. To change this behavior requires Teams users to un-learn a common behavior and re-learn it just for this program.

Users spend most of their time using other programs. Conforming…

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Threading in personal conversation

Please bring threading to personal conversation outside of a team channel. In some cases Channels aren't the available option to dicuss something. Threading makes a conversation more structured and therefore having this option within at least a private group conversation would be a big win for moving all the conversations into teams and leaving Slack behind.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. unread feed repeats for every message in a thread

When viewing the unread feed, a thread with multiple unread messages will keep reappearing. To try it for yourself, follow a channel, and then walk away for a while while several messages are put in a thread. Even better, follow two channels and let two threads develop. As you click on each unread entry, the other one will pop-up back to life to show the next message.

Please track each thread as read/unread instead of each message. If there is a problem with finding your place in oversized threads, then have it track the message in that …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Copy thread to other channel

Can you copy a thread from one channel to another? If so, how?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Topic Label for Conversation Threads

Can we add a Label / Topic Name for Conversation Threads within a channel?

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Share Email Thread to Outlook Enhancement

So I love the fact that you can now "Share" a Teams chat thread as an email. I think this is super handy to brief someone on the context of the conversation. However, I feel an opportunity has been missed.

I believe that you should be able to reply to the thread from the email directly, instead of having to click the link to open Teams.

I believe this would improve the experience as it would allow you pull in specific external people to specific threads to provide feedback on the conversation.

Also I do not think this would…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Merge Microsoft Kaizala to Teams

You have a new app named MIcrosoft Kaizala which is available in select countries which has a great mobile platform. can you please just merge that app with Teams to avoid redundancy and confusion.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to print a conversation thread

Our HR unit is using Channels with threads that is to be printed for handout purposes (procedures) They are suggesting the ability to print a thread would be very helpful as oppose to having to screenshot the whole page.

157 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Specific replies to chat threads

I would like the ability to reply to a specific comment within a thread.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make it easier to see new messages in a thread

When there are new messages inside a thread we only get a number telling us there are X new messages and even that disappear when we expand the thread. It would be nice if there was an indicator in the thread like the line that gets placed outside the thread.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to open a thread in a sidebar

It's really hard to keep communication within two or more threads in the same channel (or general conversation in a channel AND in a specific tread within this channel).

Idea: add an ability to open a thread in a sidebar (like you open a thread in a separate screen in the mobile app), so you can read/reply into the thread (sidebar) and to the channel (main window) without affecting each other.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Poor quality image pasted in Teams thread

If I copy and paste an image file or use Ctrl + Alt + PrtScn to capture a screen shot and paste it in Teams thread, the image is shown in the thread, but its quality is poor.
    If we see the image as a file, the quality is fine, but I would request the image in the thread should be better quality.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Threading helper hotkey

Threading is weird. I like it, but I'm not used to it. Thus, I frequently start typing in the main chat box when I want to reply.

It would be awesome to have a hotkey that would change your input focus to the previous reply field. Hitting it again would move back to the next previous thread, and so on.

Bonus points if it carries the half-entered text you'd already typed with it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Reply to a specific message higher up in a thread

Our team is using threaded discussions properly, but sometimes I want to respond to a specific message higher up in the thread -- not at the bottom of the thread.

This would also suggest the need for deeper hierarchy of threads. Each reply should be offset within a thread (and there should be replies to replies to replies, etc.) and you should be able to collapse these hierarchies for ease of reading and viewing.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base