Public

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about potential bugs within Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

• or
  1. Why is there no progress on Teams?

I've been following various topics since Mar/Apr. So many of the posts here are obviously critical and preventing adoption or causing many organizations great frustration. Progress on most items appears to be non-existent across the board and especially on things that are minor (e.g. compacting the layout, showing date/time stamps). What is going on? Is the project already a 'fail' and being abandoned? Is there a major new version/release coming?

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix chat

Improve Chat. 1) make status more visible... show words, not just a colored dot. 2) separate conversations so it's not just one long chat. so that each conversation is unique and independent. 3) default to 'Contacts' not 'Most Recent'. 4) allow each conversation, and the contact list, to be a pop out window so you can have multiple conversations at once and still see them all 5) separate the contact list from the conversations so that the contact list (with user status) can be visible at all times. 6) make the contact list more compact so more users are visible…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Proffessional Newsfeed

Hi

I really miss a professional newsfeed in teams.
    I know we can create a newsfeed from the sharepoint teamsite. But it aint really fitting into Teams that good.

A newsfeed should have options of showing several news in a more compact manner. Also, news need to have an enddate so only those that are relevant are showing for your employees.

The chat/conversation is not replacing the need of a newsfeed since it is not very compact and it is hard to get a quick overview if you have anything new to read. Specially in teams where all members are…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. it'd be great if we could pop out the whole chat function rather than just individual chats

So i'm the tech lead on a highly multidisciplinary team, and therefore I'm getting questions from multiple people at once, while I also have to reference multiple documents that are currently housed in teams so that we can all access them. It would be great if I could pop out the chat feature (perhaps in a more compact mode) so that I could move between several teams pages and documents and type in the chat without losing my place.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Empower developers -- make Teams useful for professional developers

Teams is VERY unfriendly to professional developers. As an example: we were recently forced off of an Atlassian product and on to Teams. At first, great enthusiasm. Then everyone returned to the Atlassian product. Eventually, the Atlassian product was removed. Everyone was again forced on to Teams. Within a month, it is difficult to find anyone using Teams. And everyone tried. We're Microsoft developers, believe me we tried. No chat is better than Teams. Think about that for just a minute.

First problem: the UI violates ALL rules for communication. It is all noise and very little signal. I recommend…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Adding a shortcut for accessing message options more easily

Holding Shift and hovering over a message expands the options under the more options menu (located next to the emojis).
    This reduces the need to click and keep it compact enough to delete, edit or save messages on the fly.

Attached a screenshot of both what it currently is and what it could look like if you hold shift on your keyboard.

Order of icons in the screenshot from left to right:
    Emoji reaction -> Save message -> Edit -> Delete -> Immersive reading -> Reply

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. UI needs to be more simpler, I need Chats with contacts same as Skype. I have too many radio button which I am not going to use everyday.

UI needs to be more simpler, I need Chats with contacts same as Skype. I have too many radio buttons on my screen after opening Teams, which I am not going to use everyday.

Also to navigate for simple chat close button it is a task. Please make UI simple and compact.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Easier way to add contact

One of the top functionalities with Skype for Business is that it is super-easy to add additional people to the contact list. It's just typing the e-mail address in the "find someone" bar.

In Teams there is no such option. The only option is to "Create a new contact group", which is seldom needed.

I suggest adding a simple "find someone" field in the top of the contact list to simplify adding additional contacts.

Further, the contacts list should be possible to resize (width), and the spacing between contacts should be possible to shrink. For anyone with >10 contacts we…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Implement Customizations Throughout the App (font, colors, sizing, etc)

With Teams being designed to incorporate all of the Microsoft Office products into one application for ease of use, the user needs the ability to customize the overall look of the application. There needs to be the ability to change the colors for a more visually appealing experience to the user. Along those same lines, there needs to be the ability to change the master font to make the application more compact. It's clunky looking at this time and allowing the user to shrink the font overall would provide a quick easy way to minimize the application a bit.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Few suggestions

1. If I close the Team, it would be better if it gets minimized (to the Task-bar) rather than closing the app.

2. It occupies too much space in the screen. Would be better if it compact (like we have in Skpye)

3. It takes quite a time to get the notification pop up if I have any replies to my chats

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please allow defaults to be set in Teams

Teams is current reverting settings in Files - SharePoint to sort by Modified even though SharePoint is set to sort another way. When setting a sort order and navigating away then returning, the sort order does not stick. Instead it reverts back to modified. The same issue occurs while setting the view to Compact List. This reverts back to List even when you save the view.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. It would be nice to be able to nest a few tabs under a master tab.

We have cases where there's a major work area for a large project and it would be nice to have master tabs with general idea tab (like by delivery date or major feature, etc) and then more specific tabs nested underneath that. Good for organization and compactness of top tabs.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Design

Recently migrated from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams. Can we make it compact in design so that we can keep it open like a messenger and monitor users presence and just click on the user and explore all the available options for communication like voice, video, meeting scheduling etc. As of now it's big page covers the whole screen and to check it need to toggle the screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Tabbed Chats

It would be great to see chats in a more compact way. It takes the whole screen now and it very clunky.
    It would be great to separate chats by individuals or groups instead of all in the list. Also notifications pop up but if you miss it when you go back to the list, there is no notification or tag to show who it was that messaged you so you have to click into each one until you find the new message.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. iOS small font sizing scaling very badly

For iOS users who have their global text size set to the smallest setting, the Microsoft Teams channel list is practically unreadable and renders badly with way too much white space (see attached image).

In all other iOS apps with this font size text is compacted but still very legible...

Please add the option to change the font size in the Teams app rather than having to sacrifice a properly rendered font size in all my other apps by changing the settings directly in iOS.

Thanks

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Meeting Content Formats

Skype for Business currently supports 3 formats. Compact, Speaker & Content views. It would be very helpful to have these is teams for obvious reasons. As an additional ask, it would be even more helpful if the video tiles provided focus on the active speaker. So a much larger view of the active speaker. Maybe 1 large box and 3 smaller ones on the side. The 'Brady Bunch' approach only works if every person is right in front of the camera. As soon as you go to video in a room you can't make out who is actually speaking.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Shortcut to add an emoji to last message

There should be a shortcut to access the emoji bar on the last message. It would make conversations flow a lot faster, when you don't have to revert to using a cursor just to apply an emoji to a message. Even a simple way to give a thumbs up to last message would be a big improvement.

I realize you can access the emoji bar to your own message with win+., but I would prefer to keep the thread compact and apply emoji directly to the message, especially since the emojis are so huge in Teams.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Hi guys... I would like to help..

When I type several messages into a TEAMS window they appear above the text box as distinct messages... but the skype method of grouping them together gives a much smoother user experience and critically... if I select and right click on a previously typed message I get option 'quote message' .. highly useful in a busy chat session. I can also select a previous message and forward to anyone... also very useful.

overall you need to compact the message thread.... its too gappy. .. remove the reply button.. why is it not inside the three dots on right side??? this…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. It is slow. Switching chats lag all the time. The fonts are huge as if you are blind and the screen space layout is diabolical.

Make the whole thing more compact please for the love of god.

I have two 27 inch 4k monitors and it takes up half of one of those.

I remember the happy says of MSN messenger:

• 10MB of memory

• Small, compact, fast efficient.

Fast forward 15 years and its an enormous bloated application which giant font's, giant emojis. Double height lines meaning I can view about 8 chat lines before I have to scroll. Did I mention the 1GB footprint? Dear god, I can run a finite element analysis on a whole building with less memory!

Its not small…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Pin Contacts to Left Panel

I really would like it if we could pin "Contacts" to the left panel of Teams (like where "Activity", "Chat", "Call", etc. are located). I like having a nice compact list of my contacts (like when you click the "Contacts" option at the top dropdown under "Chat"), and it would be nice if this view could be pinned.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base