Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multiple Screen Sharing Option

Allow multiple people to share their screen at one time, similar to how hangout does it.

1,625 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

113 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create Planner tabs within Private Channels

We have just started using Private Channels, which is great as our team has sub teams within it and this way we can have private discussions, without creating multiple teams.

What we'd also like to do is create Planner Plans within the Private Channels that are only accessible to those within the Private Channel. Is this on the roadmap?

1,624 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

281 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Using Teams Offline

MULTIPLE USERS reporting offline needs:

Generally want to use Teams offline:

If I am offline it would be great to browse through Teams and Channels in case I have to lookup some informations.

Also viewing the latest notes in "Notes" on teams would be great.

It would be enough to have "Read only" - for the moment my Teams app does not even open when I am offline

Compared on my mobile - I can read all posts while I am offline.

Edit while offline:

just been using teams wiki to take and share notes in a meeting. when the…

1,585 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

135 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow copying whole chat conversations

Currently, it's not possible to select & copy more than one message in a chat. When I try to select two or more messages, the focus stays on the first message making it impossible to copy whole chat.

There are some really ugly workarounds like: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Copying-conversations/td-p/62849 which I don't consider a solution of the situation.

I want to be able to select multiple messages at once and copy them by hitting CTRL+C.

1,580 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

240 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

Thank you for your suggestion! We really appreciate the feedback and idea. We have reviewed this request and started working on it. I’ll let you know as it nears completion.

Suphatra

5. Importing from Slack, Hipchat, Flowdock, Basecamp, etc.

Hi,
    We are using Slack for a long time and now we are thinking to transition to MS Teams. In Slack it is possible to export all channel content's in JSON with links to files uploaded to slack.
    It could be very useful to have the ability to import the slack history into MS teams.

1,575 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

112 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

The feature team is still considering this item. No confirmation yet.
    -Warren

6. Make public channel private

It would be nice to convert some of our already established channels to private now the feature is available in the same way it may be desired to de-classify a private channel to public at some point too.

Currently a channel privacy can only be set during creation.

1,574 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

162 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. URL shortener for Teams

When using the "get link" option in teams it would be better to have an embedded link shortener. Pasting the link in email looks terrible.

1,514 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

162 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still being reviewed by the feature team.

-Warren

8. MS Teams Meeting Delegation

For a meeting scheduled using Teams, it would be great to be able to delegate the organizer role so that someone else can reschedule the meeting during my absence. For instance for Executive Assistants or PTO.

1,497 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

202 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Team Templates

A team template!! Much like sharepoint document site or site templates that contain a specific layout and set of documents this would be amazing for a team template. We could deploy a team for each project we had that had a preset assignment of planner tasks and documents attached to it and a preset of channels that goes with that team. Could really make a big difference in the way we deploy and use teams.

1,481 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

88 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

This item is still queued up in the backlog. No additional details are available at this moment.

-Warren

10. Merge/consolidate channels

We changed the mind about the way we used some channels. We decided that some of the channels need to be merged. It would be nice to be able to do this without using history. We want history to be merged.

1,454 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

163 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This request is now being reviewed by the feature team! I’ll keep you posted as to the future decision.

-Warren

11. group chat picture

Allow users to set pictures / display pictures to represent group chats so it is easier to differentiate them

1,407 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

179 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Joining a Team

CHANGE PROMPT:
    Change "Add team" to "Add or join a team": I avoided this button because I thought it would always create a new team. It wasn’t evident to me that I could browse for existing teams there too.

PREVIEW A TEAM:
    Provide the ability to preview a Team without immediately joining, to see what the reason for the Team is and what Channels exist. It’s a little cumbersome to have to join, realize the Team isn’t what you thought it was, and leave.

TEAMS DISCOVERABILITY
    Presently you have to know the name of a team to be able to…

1,398 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

112 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    partially done  ·  Warren responded

I’m switching the status to Partially Done.

The request for a Preview Team is still in the works. No new information is available at this time.

Team Discoverability is still being worked upon, no details are available at this time. If you support this idea please navigate over to the main topic and vote for it! https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/

Change Prompt: this has been completed
    -Warren

13. Mass add users to a channel or team

Please add mass add users to a channel or team.
    Like we use on other Office 365 services. email@domain;email@domain and (if possible) @everyone something like that.
    I'm using and loving Microsoft Teams :-)
    Thanks a lot.

1,389 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

299 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    needs your feedback  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi folks, we are collecting feedback on this so we can determine prioritization and user need.

Please comment in the thread below about how this affects you, how you currently add members, and who you think would benefit from this in your organization.

Thank you!

14. annotation of PDFs

The ability to annotate PDFs, or at least open in a PDF reader that will, without having to download the file, annotate, and upload.

1,388 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

338 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. When granting access a Security group or Distribution list to a Team. Changes to the security groups/DL does not apply.

When granting access a Security group or Distribution list to a Team. Changes to the security groups/DL does not apply. If a user leaves the company or if we have new users, it is a manual process to add or remove them from a Team. Since we can select a Security group or Distribution list, changes to either should be reflected on the Team members.

1,369 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

132 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

This feature request is still working its way through the backlog queue.

-Warren

16. Let me @ Mention the user's first name instead of their DisplayName

Hi,
    When mentioning someone with @, is it possible to use the user alias instead of the Display Name? In Slack for example, it is possible to choose whether to display the full name or the user name when being mentioned. Could be great to have it on MS Teams because it is shorter in messages where many mentions are provided.

1,358 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  113 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability for meeting participants to draw on shared screen

Participants in a a meeting with a shared screen should have the ability to draw (with their mouse or touch pen) on the shared screen. E.g. if a PowerPoint is being presented, participants would have their designated color to draw with (to distinguish who is drawing) and a mouse pointer in the same color. The could then point and draw for the other participants in the meeting to see. This would be similar to a whiteboard, only it would be for drawing on top of a shared screen.

1,346 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

200 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow ANYBODY to share their screen

Currently we have to use other services such as Google Hangout/Meet or other video conferencing apps to meet with people outside of our company, because MS Teams does not allow screen sharing for anonymous guests. Its a real pain ********** that Teams doesn't have this ability and most other services do. We meet with people outside of our company a lot so we frequently need to abandon MS Teams for these meetings.

1,342 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

129 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Integrate Presence in Outlook contacts from Teams

Whenever Team is running the presence should show on the Outlook contacts. When composing emails and adding users, it should show the presence of Team. It currently works only for skype for business.

1,341 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

155 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add the ability to " Quick Print " a file without having to download or open in sharepoint

I want to have the ability to print a file without having to download it or opening Sharepoint. A "Quick Print" option would be 100% great

1,342 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

281 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base