Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create a new files direct from teams mobile client (for example Excel file )

I'm using iPad client and a want to create a new files direct from a client just to keep files organized and shared with the team

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Take over a guest user as a user in your organization

If a guest user becomes a user in the organization for reasons such as changing jobs, the authority for private chats and posted messages that have been done so far will be left as a separate user for account reasons. In order to avoid this, it is necessary to implement a takeover function.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Screen sharing

If i call from team mobile app, I'm unable to do screensharing through desktop

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Able to Post More VSTS Task information into Teams

We use VSTS for posting our Work-Item Stand-Ups in the product channels. We are just able to post the Work Item Description and the person whom the work item is assigned. But unable to add more details to the standup hence missed / approaching dead lines are to be entered manually by the project coordinators. Is it possible to have options to choose fields to be displayed while selecting a Work Item from VSTS Connector? Plus we need notifications to be posted to respected Work Item Owner who's Work Items are approaching dead lines.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add a Report Platform and or include MS Excel

The ability to extract accomplishments and show them in a report format with graphs included would be superb. After all this is a project management system to be able to manage and report success or challenges.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Labelling guests dialing in from phone

When you have folks/guests with cell phones join in the call, the user should be able to label the cell phone with the person's name and secondly, Teams should remember that label for when the caller dials in again in the future.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. On the PC Web Version show meetings in the Task Bar

Why isn't Meetings an option on the Task Bar on the Deskop?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Unlimited upload and download functionality

I really like using Teams, but uploading and downloading files can be very frustrating sometimes. I know it's possible to go around those "problems" when switching to SharePoint, but it doesn't make sense to me why Teams doesn't include the following functions:

• upload more than 10 files at once
    • upload a complete folder using drag and drop while keeping the folder structure (if I drag and drop a folder into Teams, it uploads the files, but doesn't create the same folder that's on my hard drive)
    • download a complete folder (e.g. as a zip-file)

Like I said, I know that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Control who can view Team chat feature

As a user, when I'm using Team chat feature, I would also like to control the visibility for certain chats to select team members.

Use case is: there's a team chat where I announce to the entire team a topic but I also want to maintain the thread of that context in a private discussion with my manager and their manager without the whole group seeing. I would then be able to click 3 dots on right, select "restrict view", and type in team members names who can view that.
    That chat blurb would then turn darker grey or some…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Syncing

The desktop app and phones don't seem to be syncing the same information. I have activity on my phone app that is not showing up on the desktop app even after logging off and back on. A co-worker and I were testing the apps on Wednesday but the activity did not show up on our phones (1 iphone & 1 android Samsung note 8) until Friday morning. That same activity did not load at all on the desktop app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. All actions such as approvals show in activity for the rest of the team.

Once a request is approved it would be nice if an alert was sent and the approval included in activity so the rest of the team quickly sees something changed rather than continually going to completed requests in hopes something wasn't missed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Have an imbuilt simple Whiteboard feature like in Skype for Business

in Teams Meetings I am missing the Whiteboard which was availabble in Skype for Business where everybody can write at the same time. Other meeting tools also have this, like Webex. I don't understand why Teams does not provide this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Facebook Messenger Connector

It would be great if Microsoft didn't retire connectors so abruptly, breaking established business processes. Since Microsoft is prematurely retiring the Facebook connector, allowing Flow to retrieve wall posts as well as messages from messenger, it would at least fill the gap.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. meetings tile gone

Please put the "Meetings" view button back. The "1 Day" calendar option is not the same.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Automatically suggest a Teams meeting in Outlook for large internal recipients

When sending an email message to a large set of recipients that are internal, it would be good If Outlook could suggest an existing or NEW teams chat/channel for uses to meet in rather than continuing with reply to all meetings in Outlook!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Support Windows 10 Emoji Keyboard

In Window, Win + Period opens the system emoji keyboard. The user is supposed to be able to type the name of an emoji, and the keyboard filters. Works in other apps.

But in Teams, the second keystroke of the name closes the emoji keyboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make posting images alot easier, similar to how users can post on instagram

Is there an easier way to post news and photos into a teams Chanel similar to how it is done on Instagram.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →