Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• or
  1. Have Yammer connected to Team

I would like the possibility to have Yammer as a natural outer loop to Teams. I.e co-exist with each other in an integrated maner.

Now you end up with two groups however you try to solve it, at least if you want the Yammer group to be public.

I would like to have a private Team to be able to work in Teams, share information via the Team Site (others only can view). Also having a public Yammer group that is connected to the same Office 365 group as the private Team. Obviously with only read access to the web…

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. highlight notification area that's new when opening the channel view. new post or comment

We have a lot of channels and each has lots of posts/threads that are active. Whenever you open a channel to view the posts it has, there's no other indication about new stuff than the line stating "last read", with old stuff above. If the case is that it's a post that you've read earlier, but there's new comments, you see them below post, but there's no other good indication where you should be looking at that what's new here. So that may go totally unnoticed when going through all the channels.

It would be good idea to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Don't hide reply field in Teams chat.

In Teams chat, replying to existing conversations is a more frequent occurrence and requirement that starting a new conversation. The Teams chat UX however requires the player to open up a reply field before then entering a reply, whilst the 'start new chat' field is presented as the default option.

This often leads to replies to existing conversations being posted as new conversations.

Could you please find a way to reduce instances of users inadvertently (but intuitively) starting new conversations when trying to reply to existing ones. I would suggest displaying the reply field already open below an existing chat…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support hashtags in channels and DMs

Allow clickable links on #hashtagged items ... in a channel or group, perform a search within that group.

For DMs and conversations, search all of your conversations

5,170 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

281 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Complete Skype for Business Integration into Teams

Honestly, this is a tall order due to the fact that Teams was not launched this way in the first place, but my real world experience, and feedback from the field, is that having Skype-for-Business-like functions in Teams (chat/Presence/etc) be separate from Skype for Business itself is not only confusing for many users, but inhibits adoption. Users want to consolidate the number of apps they use, not increase it. I personally find this to be true.

Teams is an incredible tool with so much potential, but living and breathing in Skype for Business, like so many of us do, Teams…

4,495 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

127 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Warren responded

This topic will be closed out as completed since the vast majority of the S4B convergence has already released to the public.

If you have any specific requests, please open a new topic or vote for an existing topic that more specifically targets your wish.

The team is aware of the issue of using Teams will force you from using S4B.
    I’ve opened a topic specifically for that based on the feedback below – vote for support of this request at https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/35124451

As for notification issues and being able to view multiple conversations, there are topics for allowing different types of notifications – http://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/16925461 and a topic for multi-window for chats and more – https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/16926739
    The ability to send audio or video messages can be voted for at – https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/32372014

Thank you for all the feedback and suggestions.
    -Warren

6. Run a search by a link/ url

I would like the possibility to run a search in Teams by a link.
    Example run a search in a Team or Channel
    https://teams.microsoft.com/l/channel/19%3a68accb59058b4f6aa64d261f0d7bbcc8%40thread.skype/Uservoices?groupId=56bc81d8-db27-487c-8e4f-8d5ea9058663&tenantId=8d4b558f-7b2e-40ba-ad1f-e04d79e6265a maybe a s type link for search
    Add a query parameter for search by keyword
    Also a type parameter to filter by type e.g. conversation or file or one ...
    This would be great to quickly fire a Teams search from outside also to provide quick shortcuts to common search.
    Currently the filter option can be quite cumbersome and you can not save a preferred search.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make teams more Transparent.

When adding a new conversations in teams enable automatic notifications instead of having you tag the conversation.

Being forced into Teams from Slack because of politics, I´ve noticed our teams are missing out at a lot of conversations in teams. A problem we didn´t have in Slack, cause everybody saw everything and were able to filter out if it was relevant or no and then could disregard it at a glance or answer fast.

What we notice in Teams is that conversations that wasn´t tagged became unoticed. Which is commonly to forget if you are a bit un the run…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Create a chat from an email from Outlook Teams Addin

I find that people are still stuck in email and having conversations in email.

Phase 1)

What would make this so much easier is that when someone sends you an email and say there are 5 people on the email To/From/CC/BCC. You click a button on that email and it automatically creates a chat with everyone that is on that email thread and it puts part of the email body in the initial message and the full email as an attachment to that chat and then pops up on everyones screen.

As a Phase 2
    For the external people on…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Multiple Notifications Bugs

Hello,

We have been testing Microsoft Teams for almost a week now, while we love the product; however, it is proving to be counter productive when it stops sending notifications, we are using alternative means to notify each other to check messages on MS Teams.

What we noticed for example is that if discussions continue in a thread for over a day, no new notifications whatsoever are being triggered. In some occasions, even though we have an ongoing discussion, notifications stop, but only work if you tag the other person, but again, this is not a new thread, so…

303 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  34 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Connect with "Groups" conversation in Outlook

I was surprised that conversations within Teams doesn't show up inside the conversation thread in Outlook Groups. Please consider at least connecting the "General" channel with the Outlook Conversation.

506 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    thank you!  ·  Warren responded

Thanks for the feedback.

We are considering a number of ways to better integrate experiences across Teams, Outlook, and other apps. However, we don’t have any specifics to share on this request.

-Warren

11. Hi guys... I would like to help..

When I type several messages into a TEAMS window they appear above the text box as distinct messages... but the skype method of grouping them together gives a much smoother user experience and critically... if I select and right click on a previously typed message I get option 'quote message' .. highly useful in a busy chat session. I can also select a previous message and forward to anyone... also very useful.

overall you need to compact the message thread.... its too gappy. .. remove the reply button.. why is it not inside the three dots on right side???…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Forward an email to a channel

A useful feature for an intact Team that is just starting to use Microsoft Teams would be the ability to forward an existing email to a channel.

378 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi everyone, we’ve added the ability to create an email address for a channel. You can see more details here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Can-I-Email-to-a-Team-channel/m-p/51774/highlight/false#M2784

Some of you have reached out to let me know that this doesn’t address your other needs around being able to send emails into and out of Teams. Please email me at sparavi@microsoft.com, because I’m collating all your feedback and will submit a follow up request to this item to the team.

Thanks everyone, and thank you for making Teams better and better with your great feedback and participation.

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

13. Place Saved Conversations Top Left Navigation

"Saved" conversations should appear under "Activity" or somewhere else in the left bar navigation as shown in the screenshot below.

Currently "Saved" appears in the sub menu of my profile

153 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Auto scroll down when new messages come in

It is annoying to have to click on the “New Messages” button or scroll down manually when new messages arrive. The suggestion here is to keep scrolling down to bottom and to provide a button to jump back to last unread message.

3,967 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

420 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi everyone, thanks for the feedback and help on this item. It has been resolved for the majority of users: the screen no longer jumps around while scrolling or jumps to the latest message if you are scrolled up.

If you have any questions with this feature or find a bug, please email teamsml@microsoft.com with repro steps and user logs. Your feedback is always extremely helpful!

Thank you for your support of Teams and your patience while we worked on this item. I really appreciate it and wish you a very Happy New Year!

Suphatra

15. Turn off auto font resizing

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Teams の iPhone アプリの動作について

Turn off auto font resizing

Teams の iPhone アプリで、Teams 内のチーム会話で絵文字入力がある文章を編集しようとすると、文字のフォントサイズが小さくなる。
    iPhone 自体の文字サイズを最小にすると回避できるが見えにくいため、iPhone アプリから Teams 内の絵文字のあるチーム会話を編集した場合も、フォントサイズが小さくならないよう機能の改善を希望します。

Font size of the texts automatically shrinks when trying to edit text that include emoji in Teams app on iPhone. We can avoid it by adjusting iPhone text size settings but it would be easier for us if teams thread just keep the original font sizing and prevent mobile devices to scale font size.

Thank you for your consideration.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Not able to post Comments on Task items

I love the ability to create Tasks under Tabs by adding a To Do. I get limiting the display to either of the two, Description or Task Item list, but we can not post Comments even the feature is present. It truly is necessary to be able to discuss issue relating to the Task. The Description field is not adequate to address an issue that might come up on specific Task item. And that info is too granular to take back to the full Conversation thread.

We are currently using the free version of Teams. Is there any way…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to share post from private Team conversation to Yammer

Request from a staff member that seems achievable given the existing Share button in Yammer could presumably be built into Teams in the same manner with cross referencing possible:

"I post heaps of notes and updates to existing P&C sub-channels on our projects (ABC project, DEF project, GHI project) - but other teams can't see this. LP and FCs on occasion want to be able to access this info to see where the campaign is up to, but aren't members of the Team or conversation.

What are the options?

1. Add everyone to our Team channels - is that appropriate? …

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Get Link > Microsoft Teams doesn't work

I'm getting report that the Get Link dialog to share files from Teams isn't working consistently. I've been able to narrow down the following pattern...

Get Link > Microsoft Teams - doesn't work

https://teams.microsoft.com/_#/onepkg/viewer/customspo/https%3A~2F~2Fretailstarbucks1com.sharepoint.com~2Fsites~2Fmarlistestgroup~2FShared%20Documents~2FO365%20Operational%20Readiness%20Notebook.onepkg?threadId=19%3Afe0c28a5b3a64efab963675b81de2bd9%40thread.skype&baseUrl=https%3A~2F~2Fretailstarbucks1com.sharepoint.com~2Fsites~2Fmarlistestgroup&fileId=(redacted for security)

Get Link > SharePoint - does work.

https://retailstarbucks1com.sharepoint.com/sites/marlistestgroup/_layouts/15/WopiFrame2.aspx?action=edit&sourcedoc=(redacted for security)

Please look into why getting a Teams link within the Teams app isn't working.

An even better experience would be the same Share menu and UI that the other Office 365 apps use. It's the first thing our users ask when they have this Get Link issue - Where is…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. New Conversation should not always be visible

Conversations in Teams is difficult to manage. Everyone expects them to work like Instant Messaging. Like Chats.

So you end up with conversations happening all over the place.

To rectify this, I have tried to create template conversations so that when you go into one, you've already seen the correct formatting.

Yet, without a doubt, someone replies to the Running Thread by creating a new conversation instead of replying to the already existing one.

You need the "new conversation" field to NOT be visible. It should just be a plus button on the right hand side, and the REPLY should…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Teams to the next level

Today's Teams (desktop) is usable but not great -- it hasn't unlocked its full potential as an organizational collective intelligence platform. To get there, following features should be offered (to users who need/subscribe):

• WHAT: Multi-window, each supports a different "persona", and one or multiple personas can be tied to the same MS account

• WHY: allow user switch between identifies. Very useful for consultants/contractors

• WHAT: tabbed view (like a web browser).

• WHY: by switching between tabs the user can quickly switch between documents, channels, conversation threads, teams... and apps. Everyone is multitasking today. That's why IE also adopted the tabbed…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base