Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.   

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Popout screenshare

I have multiple monitors and it would be great if I could "pop-out" someone else's screen share on 1 monitor and see the other peoples webcam streams on another. Now when some is sharing their screen it's hard to see other people's reactions.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Tasks Planner inside Teams - bad overview

Using Planner and Tasks inside Teams is such a bad experience, you get very bad overview, I can only see about 3 columns on the page (Make us able to shrink the width of the columns, or make everything smaller, task cards and columns to fit more)

We need to have a good overview of all the tasks. Most of us use small laptop screens.

Planner also has a bad contrast between the background and the task cards, which make everything just blend in together...

And please benchmark Planner to Trello and similar leading services, just copy everything.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Set call duration to a fixed limit

Time and time again it happens in meetings and discussions that the actual meetings are far exceeded in time.
    Conversations with teams should be specifically scheduled within a team and some kind of reminder melody or even a countdown with the set time should be displayed.
    At the end of the countdown (5 minutes before) the connection should then be automatically disconnected. The countdown to the realization should be shown to all, so that the participants see that they should come slowly to the end.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Reorder Shifts

Ability to manually reorder the shifts or have them sorted based on time, alphabetic, etc.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. About the “Voice room” function

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    "音声の部屋" 機能について
    About the “Voice room” function

TeamsRoom デバイスを "音声の部屋" から追加する際に、現状では開催者がデバイスと同じ場所にいる必要がある。
    場所を問わずユーザーが TeamsRoom デバイスを追加できるよう制御機能の追加を要望します。

To add a TeamsRoom device from a “Voice room”, at present the host needs to be in the same location as the device.
    Please change these restrictions so that TeamsRoom devices can be added regardless of location.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. About the “Voice room” function

■Title(件名):
    "音声の部屋" 機能について
    About the “Voice room” function

TeamsRoom デバイスを "音声の部屋" から追加する際に、現状では開催者がデバイスと同じ場所にいる必要がある。
    場所を問わずユーザーが TeamsRoom デバイスを追加できるよう制御機能の追加を要望します。

To add a TeamsRoom device from a “Voice room”, at present the host needs to be in the same location as the device.
    Please change these restrictions so that TeamsRoom devices can be added regardless of location.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Hide channels when creating a meeting

Hide the channel name when scheduling a meeting from the channel.
    It happens frequently, you can create a meeting on the wrong channel.

Hide the channel name that implements the function.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I want to display the viewer's screen when sharing the screen during a live event

When sharing a screen during a live event, you are sharing PowerPoint and using a slide show.
    At this time, the screen is forcibly displayed in full screen, and the status of other users cannot be confirmed.
    Along with this, I would like a function to customize so that the viewer's image etc. can be displayed in order to check the status of another user even when the slide show is being performed.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Can we get option to edit/delete the text that we wrongly sent?

Sometime we send message to wrong window so I want option to delete that. Not after an hour but in minute or seconds would be fine.

And sometimes we mistyped so I want a feature to edit that text immediately.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to allow unattended guest users who have been invited to a Teams meeting to appear in the "Participant List" during the meeting

The current behavior is that after inviting guest users to a meeting in Teams, there is no function to notify that they have not joined in the "participant list" when the meeting actually starts.

If the user is the same tenant as the conference organizer, it seems that it is displayed in the list even if it is not attended, so I would like guest users to improve the function or implement setting items so that the situation will be the same.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Don't show guest users when searching in Teams

Do not show guest users when searching for users in Teams.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please publish public information about when the live captioning feature of Teams meetings will be available in the Teams web client.

Please publish public information about when the live captioning feature of Teams meetings will be available in the Teams web client.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. virtual webcam support on a mac

Like on Windows I would like to use a virtual webcam like OBS to present within Teams. On Windows 10 this is supported, but on my MAC the virual cam is not recognized. (The same virtual cam is recognized by Zoom)

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allowing search a category in Outllook DeskApp to apply to a message

Allowing search a category in Outllook DeskApp to apply during the writing phase and reading phase of a message

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. In the Teams web client, I would like to be able to see notifications for calls and other events even when the window is minimized or hidden

In the Teams web client, I would like to be able to see notifications for calls and other events even when the window is minimized or hidden

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Configuration of the screen when displaying a SharePoint Online site in a tab

■Title(件名):
    SharePoint Online サイトをタブで表示した際の画面構成
    Configuration of the screen when displaying a SharePoint Online site in a tab

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams 上で SharePoint サイト、もしくはWebサイトタブにて SharePoint サイト(コミュニケーションサイト形式)を追加した際
    SharePoint サイト 上部で表示される ホームやメニューなどの項目が表示されなくなる。
    現時点では既定動作かと思われるが、タブ経由で別項目に移行できたいといった手間が生じるため
    SharePoint サイトの画面そのまま表示させるよう機能改善を要望する

If you have added a SharePoint site (in communication site format) to Teams, either as a SharePoint site tab or a Web site tab, the ‘home’, ‘menu’ etc. items from the top of the SharePoint site are not displayed.
    This seems to be the current default behavior, but it takes time to move between items in a tab because of it.
    Please make SharePoint sited…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to Add Tabs to Channel Meetings

If I create a meeting from Outlook that includes Teams meeting information I am able to add tabs for Forms, Notes, Whiteboard, etc. If I create a meeting in Teams that includes a channel I am unable to add useful tabs to the meeting and the channel versions of the tabs do not have the same behaviors.

Either allow Outlook the ability to add a channel or allow Teams channel meetings the ability to add useful app tabs.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Edit profile

Please emabke option to edit profile i.e position in organization.

Also would be nice to change the phone number.

My cellphone is private but registered in my org.
    That stop me to register a private teams account.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Account Access (Sign-In)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Surface Hub  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base