Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• or
  1. Get Link > Microsoft Teams doesn't work

I'm getting report that the Get Link dialog to share files from Teams isn't working consistently. I've been able to narrow down the following pattern...

Get Link > Microsoft Teams - doesn't work

https://teams.microsoft.com/_#/onepkg/viewer/customspo/https%3A~2F~2Fretailstarbucks1com.sharepoint.com~2Fsites~2Fmarlistestgroup~2FShared%20Documents~2FO365%20Operational%20Readiness%20Notebook.onepkg?threadId=19%3Afe0c28a5b3a64efab963675b81de2bd9%40thread.skype&baseUrl=https%3A~2F~2Fretailstarbucks1com.sharepoint.com~2Fsites~2Fmarlistestgroup&fileId=(redacted for security)

Get Link > SharePoint - does work.

https://retailstarbucks1com.sharepoint.com/sites/marlistestgroup/_layouts/15/WopiFrame2.aspx?action=edit&sourcedoc=(redacted for security)

Please look into why getting a Teams link within the Teams app isn't working.

An even better experience would be the same Share menu and UI that the other Office 365 apps use. It's the first thing our users ask when they have this Get Link issue - Where is…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New Conversation should not always be visible

Conversations in Teams is difficult to manage. Everyone expects them to work like Instant Messaging. Like Chats.

So you end up with conversations happening all over the place.

To rectify this, I have tried to create template conversations so that when you go into one, you've already seen the correct formatting.

Yet, without a doubt, someone replies to the Running Thread by creating a new conversation instead of replying to the already existing one.

You need the "new conversation" field to NOT be visible. It should just be a plus button on the right hand side, and the REPLY should…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hierarchical settings

I have stressed the importance of settings in a number of other threads. I would like to make the case for a hierarchical settings system.

There are a number of settings which are UI/UX related which must have a global default setting. Examples include fonts, colors, locale, layout, notification settings, markup enable, etc.

This global default gets applied to any new channels (chats, teams, apps, users, etc.) which are created, but each also gets a set of local settings. These may optionally override the default global settings.

It must be possible to override the default setting with the same…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow mulptiple/parralel Teams chat session windows

Lync, and then Skype for Business had several features that do not exists in Teams. Two of them are needed many times per day:

1) Allow multiple chat windows to stay open while starting the new chats. For example, if I am in the middle of chat with person A, and person B sends me a note, and I go to see what they say, the chat with person A will be closed. Why is this needed: We all multitask, and need to have multiple separate chat threads open at the same time.

2) similar to #1: if I…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Teams to the next level

Today's Teams (desktop) is usable but not great -- it hasn't unlocked its full potential as an organizational collective intelligence platform. To get there, following features should be offered (to users who need/subscribe):

• WHAT: Multi-window, each supports a different "persona", and one or multiple personas can be tied to the same MS account

• WHY: allow user switch between identifies. Very useful for consultants/contractors

• WHAT: tabbed view (like a web browser).

• WHY: by switching between tabs the user can quickly switch between documents, channels, conversation threads, teams... and apps. Everyone is multitasking today. That's why IE also adopted the tabbed…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. start a conversation about planner task

Start a conversation about a Planner Task

When you have a Planner Board setup within your team you can have a conversation about the whole board. But since this board is likely to contain dozens, if not hundreds, of Planner Tasks having a generic conversation on all of them is quite cumbersome. Within a Planner Task you can comment, but these are sent as emails to the group and are not showing up in he Channel Chat.

What would make Planner really work for us is when you can start a conversation in Teams about a Planner Task. just as…

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Hyperlink any text in chat

Allow any text to be selected and a hyperlink added to it, both using Ctrl+K (standard across Office applications) and by providing a hyperlink button in the expanded compose box.

470 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Warren responded

You can now hyperlink any text.

To do so click on the “A” icon just under the compose box, this will expand the compose box.
    From the expanded view, you can type the text you wish, select the text then click the chain icon at the top of the compose box.
    This will allow you to add a hyperlink to the selected text. You may also enter the text into “text to display” field in this pop up box.

Thank you for the suggestions and keep that feedback coming!

-Warren

8. Make Teams the universal app for Office 365, a complete feature parity alternative to the Edge web browser

Imagine that you don't have to log into Office 365 via browser. You open up TEAMS and go to your Office 365 launcher as one of your apps on the left hand pane below "files." This would be a more secure way to log into Office365 portal and avoid the trappings of the internet and web browsers. Enjoy apps like OneDrive, SharePoint, OWA, and countless others in a tab capable browser-like experience, but within TEAMS. Avoid the trappings of distracting web browsers and bring your users into a more controlled environment for all of Office 365 and not just for…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. keyboard shortcuts

I've seen a lot of requests for individual shortcuts, but in my opinion the problem is that there needs to be a structured overhaul of the existing ones.
    There should be categorical prefixes so that remembering shortcuts is easier (this would likely also simplify adding new ones). Navigation, current chat/channel & anything that needs to appear as a modal come to mind for starters.
    Currently, if focus is not where you expect it to be when changing tabs, channels, etc. then C for compose, R for reply, etc. just don't work on the desktop app. The issue is most likely…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The keyboard shortcuts had an overhaul and were improved for both Windows and Mac. It should make keyboard navigation easier and more natural (how you would expect it to work) than in the past.

I will flag this topic as complete and I hope you all get to enjoy the shortcut changes that were made.

Thank you all for the feedback.
    -Warren

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Accidentally pasted 7000 lines into chat, causing Teams crash loop 😣

I thought I had an image on my clipboard, and I wanted to paste that into a Teams chat with a coworker. Instead, on my clipboard was a 7000+ line CSS file with a sourcemap at the end (so, a very large amount of text). Teams happily plopped that file into the chat box, and showed a banner saying "This is too long, you'll have to shorten it." But, I was unable to remove it; attempting to press Ctrl + A or drag-select and delete the text crashed Teams.

Adding insult to injury, Teams helpfully "remembered" my message upon startup,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. improve speed of scrolling up in chats

a ton of time is wasted waiting for chat text to appear then to find that its not what you were looking for

please preload more data or reduce the delay on loading the content like google hang outs does, its much smoother scrolling thru history

its difficult to navigate thru recent history when its all blocks

461 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Notifications for all messages in a channel

There is no clear way how to enable all notifications in channels. I have channel where I am interested in all messages.

1,958 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

253 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Suphatra responded

I hope this brightens your Friday — your feature request is here! Our hardworking engineers have been working on this for weeks and we’re happy to report it released yesterday.

To set notifications for all messages in a channel, just click the little ellipses next to the channel name and choose “Follow this channel.”

If this made your Friday, please tweet to us! You can send the tweet to me (@skprufo) or just include the #MicrosoftTeams hashtag, and I’ll make sure it gets to our dev team.

THANK YOU for making Teams better and better with your awesome feedback. You guys are the best.

Sincerely,
    Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

14. change email address or create a alias mail address

Hi,

I love teams
    However we strating office 365 for a few months ago.
    At that timne a created the necassary groups and distribution lists.
    everytime worked fine.

office365 groups were new for me so I didn't use them.
    for two weeks ago I started to explore teams and create a ream foir our ICT department.
    We start using it and had a lot of channels and discussion creaed since then.

yesterday I saw office365 created a office365 group for this team whice is shown in de company addresslist. this group has also, san unwanted mail address.

Right now in…

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. On phone/PC,unread events counter notice on icon Needs unique notice for 1:1 unread chat responses. Too many of them now are low value to me

Basically, when someone pings me with a 1:1 chat comment or question I want to know right away. On Skype it only was it 99% 1:1 initiated notifications (if I am doing other things on PC or phone) but a box popped up in lower right corner to alert me.

Teams isn’t as obvious and the notification indicator trigger and counts up for SO many things that are not important or urgent that I am dulled to seeing there are pending notifications and feeling any sense of urgency to check them. But what that means is that people trying to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Conversations tab & Messages full revamp? a dedicated rollout-plan for the chat?

TEAMS is GREAT. A game-changing teamwork space. Congrats

Chat-based workflow is key for the advantages that users and teams obtain. There have been amazing implementations like msg translation, that's true. However and surprisingly, if we compare the Conversations tab with other implementations, it seems clear to me that it's falling well behind. After the roll-out of Private Channels feature (congrats for that!), I think that the improvement of the Chat experience should be the next stop in TEAMS'rocketing progress!

When filling the suggestion form for idea submission, I found that the dropdown "Category", does NOT include the options "Chat" or…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow use of existing OneNotes/documents for channels

My team has a pre-existing OneNote. It would be really helpful to be able to create a tab that uses this, rather than being forced to start with a blank notebook.

2,379 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

118 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great news!
    Starting today, there’s an updated OneNote option in the Tab Gallery that allows you to create a new notebook for your tab, point to an existing notebook, or link to a particular OneNote section or page.

This update is not yet available for EDU customers, but we’ll continue to update this new OneNote experience to make it easier to bring your important content into Teams!

The release notes can be found at: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Release-notes-for-Microsoft-Teams-d7092a6d-c896-424c-b362-a472d5f105de

18. Include notifications based on keywords.

We need to get notifications based on keywords. For example: I am a subject matter expert for SAP and I like to know when SAP is typed into a channel so I can offer assistance.

493 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Shared Mailbox and Teams Collaboration Space

It would be good to have a convergence of Outlook Shared Mailbox's and Microsoft Teams. At present, emails in Shared Mailbox's are very static with no ability to know if matters have been actioned. Furthermore, there is no ability to collaborate on email.
    If we could link Shared Mailbox's to Teams, we could collaborate on email.
    Scenario:
    - Imagine a Service Team who has an existing Microsoft Team called "Service"
    - This is great for chat, sharing files and all the goodness that Teams brings.

Problem:- However, they are likely to also have a Shared Mailbox called "Service@companyname.com" …

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Skype integration (Consumer Federation)

It would be nice to integrate public Skype (not Skype for Business) into Teams. I am able to chat with Skype for business users within my organization but when working with external clients I still have to go back to public Skype. If I could even just simply chat and call with Skype users as well that would allow me to use Teams as my sole communication platform.

3,241 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

548 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base