Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• or
  1. The forward button in the top right corner of an image has no effect

The forward button in the top right corner of an image has no effect. When clicking the button, nothing happens. The image can e.g. have been opened up from a thread under Conversations in a Team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. pop-out chat

Allow the entire Chat functionality to pop out rather than just individual chats. This allows a user to dual pane between Chats & Teams. Essentially, you can hold your chat "buddy list" outside of Teams so that you can chat with multiple threads while still having Teams open on workflow.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. change email address or create a alias mail address

Hi,

I love teams
    However we strating office 365 for a few months ago.
    At that timne a created the necassary groups and distribution lists.
    everytime worked fine.

office365 groups were new for me so I didn't use them.
    for two weeks ago I started to explore teams and create a ream foir our ICT department.
    We start using it and had a lot of channels and discussion creaed since then.

yesterday I saw office365 created a office365 group for this team whice is shown in de company addresslist. this group has also, san unwanted mail address.

Right now in…

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Option to open conversation in pop out window / tab in the channel

HI,

When looking at a conversation, If i want to see something that happened a while back, I need to keep clicking on "see previous messages".. which gets messy. Especially as the conversation jumps around when other conversations are updated.

Suggestion to have a "pop-out" / "pin" button, on each conversation, that will open it in a pop-up window / a tab at the top of the channel, Which allows you to see only that conversation in its entirety?

On a conversation thread with 249 messages, I had to click "see previous messages" 12 times, to see the first reply.…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. quick edit

Press the up button in the text box to quickly edit your last message in a thread

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Selectively mark messages as read

When I come back to the office after several days off I have a lot of unread Teams messages. Reviewing them is a challenge because there is no way to easily mark a thread as partially viewed. I start reviewing a thread, move on to something else, then have to figure out where in the thread I was.

This is one area where email has an advantage. With email, the application only marks messages as "read" that I explicitly open. I think there should be a special "bulk read" mode for Teams that forces the user to acknowledge each…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. "go to"

please add a Go to... feature that allows you to go to a date within a chat thread rather than having to scroll up from Now to 6 months ago because that is when the conversation happened. if a user could at least GO to June 1, 2017 and start scrolling from there it would be much better.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow sending messages to yourself

The Slack slackbot allows you send messages to yourself.

1,334 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

158 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to completely delete conversations and threads.

Would love the ability to completely delete conversations and threads.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Notify Team Members

Notify all members of a team when new channels are created or threads are added to conversations. Having to @mention everyone on the team is a hassle.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Mention in a private Team should behave as mention in private Yammer

Mention (i.e. @<name>) in private Team chat behaves differently than mention in a private Yammer chat (private chat or group); is that intentional or a bug?

I was learning Yammer and testing to see what happens when you mention someone from a private chat and a private group.

o For a private chat, it adds the user to the thread and they have access to the entire thread, including posts before they were added.
    o For a private group, it adds them to the thread (with access to previous posts), but does not add them to the group. It presents a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ensure delete chat is programmed asap

Having chats between two or more people that cannot be deleted is compromising my business.

This must be allowed soon otherwise we will remove teams completely for security reasons.

Skype for business allowed this and no "rules " have changed.

All other chat software allows deletion of individual messages or entire threads.

I do not give microsoft permission to store my chats without consent or ability to archive/delete in admin function

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Improve audio notifications

VOLUME: The sound is too low!! Most people don't think it's even on. Let us customize the sound level, please.

UNIQUE SOUNDS FOR CALLS VS CHATS/MESSAGES: Right now sounds are all or nothing. This is not good. For example, you may want to have sound for Calls but not for chat or messages. There is a difference when you need to hear that someone is calling you – versus getting the constant bing/bing/bing on message chat.

UNIQUE SOUND FOR PRIVATE CHAT: It would be nice to have different sounds for private chat and notifications, so that its easy to know…

3,709 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

616 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Copying text - hovering menu hides the end of the text

When copying text from a message, the ending of the message is hidden by the "More Options" hover.

1,233 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

329 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. show profile photo of all members of a chat group

Show profile photo/initials of all members in a chat group at the top where the menu options for the thread are, rather than just the owner/creator of the thread. Makes it easier to see who your audience is - with so many chat groups it's easy to say something to a wider audience than you intended.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Share more information with us, please!

"How can you make Microsoft Teams better?"
    > This is no technical feature..

1. More updates on top X ideas. More interaction with the people who are using the App. People who take the effort to post/vote ideas feel left out if you stop providing updates or don't respond at all. This is not just a forum that can exist without a moderator. This is an enterprise corperation's official UserVoice site. Meaning, no voice of the corporation = bad

2. Provide an up to date roadmap. The current roadmap is great, it looks nice (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=Microsoft%20Teams%2CLaunched). Sadly most uservoice ideas with…

219 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Notification at file upload on team

Notification should be come in conversation tab when any body upload a file on team. Other wise other team members don't get the update about that file.

201 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Missing Skype for Business functionality

Contacts dis not come over. I had to search or enter manually. Call logging is now an extra app? Not cool. Conversations used to saved in Outlook. Not anymore. Searching for the start of a thread takes longer now.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Increase duration for desktop notifications

The channel/team on which the notification has been made should stay more/better/longer visible so that you won't miss one.

2,805 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

291 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Once support for Windows 10 native notifications is released, users who choose to use Windows notifications will be able to utilize Windows OS specific settings for the length of time to display notifications. Mac does not have an OS specific setting, so will not have the support.

20. Need read receipts

Mobile working, Asynchronous working of teams is a common phenomena. Read receipts let us know if the message has been seen, so we know it can be acted on. Critical when large numbers of the team are mainly mobile workers.

3,172 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

349 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base