Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Live Events Mute/Unmute Participants for Q&A

Allow the producer to unmute/mute participants if they ask a question. So the experience could be, a person asks a question in Live Events, the Producer selects them and announces "We have a question from Bob" and then unmutes Bob and allows Bob to verbally ask his question.

441 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Button in Outlook to start a chat from an email thread

I should be able to easily start a chat from an Outlook email thread.

431 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

I apologize, there had been come miscommunication with regards to this topic.

The good news is that this item has not been declined! It has actually been approved by the feature team and is now “On the Backlog”.

I’ll keep this thread updated as we move through the development.

-Warren

3. Copy Wiki entire articles/sites from one wiki to another one

We created a wiki site within a channel and then added content. We realized later, that we'd like to embed the article within the wiki of a different channel. Which I had to do by copy + paste. With growing size becomes copy + paste of the content increasingly tedious, could you please provide a possibility to move articles/sites directly from one wiki to another?

424 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still on the backlog. No new details are available just yet.

-Warren

4. Let admins manage updates

For corporate use please let stop automatic updates and user side updates.
    Admins can deploy updates in a managable way

420 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Guest user in Shifts

Would like to add guest users in Shifts as they work alongside other team members.

408 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

99 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Basic reports and call lists for queues and AA

Teams needs an overview, reports, log about the usage of call queues with some basic features like number of calls answered, missed, average waiting time.
    Also a list of answered and missed calls.

I have some small businesses who use or want to use Teams as their primary phone system and need AA/Call Queues for some very basic form of "customer service line" (although that term might overstate what they need) and they want to see missed calls so they can return the call.

408 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Teams places current Call on hold when screen sharing

I call my colleagues using the "Calls" tab in Teams. I am calling their desk phone, which is a land line. Each colleague of mine has their own direct land line number. I use Teams Calls to speak with them. I then wish to share my screen with them, so I find them on the Chat tab, and initiate a screen-share. This immediately places my Teams Call on hold. This is clearly by design, and it is a flaw. We need to be able to share our screens regardless of any other Teams activity. Skype for Business did this flawlessly.…

407 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

64 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow on premise bots

By allowing bots which are hosted "on premise" (behind a company firewall), one allow to access systems from that company.
    This is the situation for many companies where the infrastructure or services which need to be reachable by bots is not on the public internet.

Some scenarios:
    - A bot is running behind a company firewall
    - The bot connects to MS teams, joins a channel, and "listens" to conversations (outbound connection to the internet)

This enables interactions like:
    - @bot, list defects (from an in-house issue tracker)
    - @bot, add capacity to applicationx (after an authorization phase, on-prem application…

365 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Switch active call to Mobile phone

Our customer should have a function to switch an active call from the computer teams client to a mobile team client.

for example:
    You answer a call at the PC/teamsclient and want to leave your desk and continue the call with your mobile phone/Teamsclient.

Normal call forwarding is not really useful in this case. It would be nice if there was something like a "Switch-Button".

363 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  16 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Power BI Dashboard - Tab

I want to add Power BI Dashboard as Tab.
    for share Power BI Dashboard with members.

Currently, Power BI Reports can add as Tab in Microsoft Teams.
    Power BI Dashboard website can add as Tab
    But, Power BI Dashboard can NOT.

So, I want to add Power BI Dashboard to Microsoft Teams as Tab.
    and want to support mobile Microsoft Teams.

359 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Meeting Minutes Tool

It would be great to have the ability to have a meeting minutes tool included in OneNote that documents who is saying what and logs all of the conversations in chat, saves a recording, and has a file share library associated to each meeting, then it can be filed with other meetings or projects so everything is in one place.

351 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Drag and Drop Folder

Drag and Drop Folder: currently (2017-04-10) when dragging and dropping a folder from my harddrive to a team Files location the files are copied, but the folder is not. Have to first create the folder on Teams, then copy the files into the folder. Would prefer to drag and drop the fold and Teams will automatically create the folder and copy the files within it to that folder.

347 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request is now on the backlog.

I’ll keep you posted as we move through development!
    -Warren

13. Allow syncing of team files with OneDrive Sync Client

I have an Office 365 Group Created and syncing with OneDrive Sync Client. I added team features to the group. When I create a new channel in my team, a new folder is created in the group files. However, this folder is locked (and shows lock in the sync icon) so I don't have permission to work with any synced files.

346 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still in the queue. I’m still awaiting more feedback and hope to have more details to share soon.

-Warren

14. Show if call forwarded or from a call group in call history / missed calls

If an incoming call is being forwarded from another user or is being forwarded as part of a call pickup group, this is displayed in the popup call notification, however it is not displayed in the users call history. The calls just show as a missed call.

This is causing confusion for users as they see these forwarded/call group calls as missed calls and then try to return the call.

An additional column or a different 'Type' for these calls would resolve this issue.

343 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Upload a file to Teams directly from a desktop Office application

When I am creating a new file in an Office document I want there to be an option in the "Save as" location, to save to an Microsoft Team, similar to how there are options to save to your OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, and This PC locations. Right now I either have to remember to create the file from Teams or to create the file on my PC and then upload it manually to Teams.

314 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This request has been accepted by the feature team and is now on the backlog. I’ll keep you posted as it moves through the development process.
    -Warren

16. Audio calling from browser

From day 1, there is no way we can make audio calls from the browser. This is a very much required features quite a few users use Linux and there is no way we can use Teams with them.

307 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The request for 1:1 calling Chrome support is still “on the backlog”.

Completed items:
    1:1 calling works in Edge.
    Group calling and meetings works for Edge & Chrome.

I hope to have more information to share soon.
    -Warren

17. Include call history in chat

Am I the only one finding it painfull that the chat history DOES NOT include call logs?

I want to be able to reconstruct to whom I talked how long. As a workaround I started to use Skype again or quit the Teams calls and call back the people by phone.

In Skype this feature helped me a lot when I tried to reconstruct to whom i spoke on days where things became crowded.

Please implement that feature asap!

302 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Teams Room - Hide local HDMI content

We would like the ability to stop sharing HDMI content plugged into our Teams Room system without needing to disconnect the HDMI cable from the device. We're demoing both the Crestron and Logitech solutions and both have this behavior. When an HDMI device is plugged in to the system, the content shares automatically to the display. You can hit stop presenting and it will stop sharing the content, until you start a Teams meeting. Once the meeting is started, the HDMI In content shows on the in room display over all camera feeds from remote participants. You can show thumbnails…

265 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. wiki recover

Provide a rollback or revision control capability for the wiki. We just had an accidental deletion of an entire section and there's no backup? "Undo" did not.

265 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This request is still queued up in the backlog. No new details are available at this time.
    -Warren

20. Rich thumbnails for files

Can we get rich thumbnails for files the same way SharePoint document libraries now show? Pictures would show a preview and Office documents can show small thumbnails too

260 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request has been accepted by the feature team and is now on the backlog.
    Thank you for all the feedback.
    -Warren

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base