Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Copy Wiki entire articles/sites from one wiki to another one

We created a wiki site within a channel and then added content. We realized later, that we'd like to embed the article within the wiki of a different channel. Which I had to do by copy + paste. With growing size becomes copy + paste of the content increasingly tedious, could you please provide a possibility to move articles/sites directly from one wiki to another?

267 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

28 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

This item is still on the backlog. No new details are available just yet.

-Warren

2. Allow users to enable push to talk in group meetings

Allow the users to configure to enable push to talk in group meetings.

260 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Rich thumbnails for files

Can we get rich thumbnails for files the same way SharePoint document libraries now show? Pictures would show a preview and Office documents can show small thumbnails too

244 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request has been accepted by the feature team and is now on the backlog.
    Thank you for all the feedback.
    -Warren

4. Meeting Minutes Tool

It would be great to have the ability to have a meeting minutes tool included in OneNote that documents who is saying what and logs all of the conversations in chat, saves a recording, and has a file share library associated to each meeting, then it can be filed with other meetings or projects so everything is in one place.

233 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Include call history in chat

Am I the only one finding it painfull that the chat history DOES NOT include call logs?

I want to be able to reconstruct to whom I talked how long. As a workaround I started to use Skype again or quit the Teams calls and call back the people by phone.

In Skype this feature helped me a lot when I tried to reconstruct to whom i spoke on days where things became crowded.

Please implement that feature asap!

209 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. wiki recover

Provide a rollback or revision control capability for the wiki. We just had an accidental deletion of an entire section and there's no backup? "Undo" did not.

206 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This request is still queued up in the backlog. No new details are available at this time.
    -Warren

7. Show if call forwarded or from a call group in call history / missed calls

If an incoming call is being forwarded from another user or is being forwarded as part of a call pickup group, this is displayed in the popup call notification, however it is not displayed in the users call history. The calls just show as a missed call.

This is causing confusion for users as they see these forwarded/call group calls as missed calls and then try to return the call.

An additional column or a different 'Type' for these calls would resolve this issue.

201 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Remove Bot Mention Requirement

It seems as though currently all bots only work if you @mention them, so my assumption is that this is a requirement of the api used to develop the bots.

Many people from my organization are used to IRC/Slack style bots where an explicit @mention isn't required for bots to parse a message and respond.

Sometimes there is fun functionality that can be added for a lot of bots and having to @mention a bot really detracts from the user experience of some bots.

I can also see this getting out of hand when using a lot of bots, so…

199 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still on the backlog. I’ve received no further updates yet about this topic. I will continue to bring your feedback to the feature team.

-Warren

9. Delete call history

We should be able to delete call history to keep the UI clean and usable.

195 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Deploy Microsoft Teams over the network using GPO

Deploy Teams over the network to GPO setting that will launch the application only in the background mode.

173 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  22 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable drag&drop for Shifts

Enable/devolp the feature to drag&drop (move/copy) shifts in the integrated shifts-app in teams and allow multiple selection of shifts by holding the "CTRL" key.

172 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  4 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Wiki - Needs a lot of changes

1) Image embedding.
    2) Better Copy & Paste
    3) Better Alerts,
    4) Why isn't there an equally capable Modern app.
    5) Editing functions are terrible.
    6) Hyperlinks not recognized.
    7) The burger icon is so small (to expand the list of Wiki's), couldnt find with a microscope. Make is screen- size dependant. Larger than a given size, just show a list of all the wiki's.
    8) Allow importing blogs from sharepoint
    9) Right click options when editing the content is limited to just "Copy", really ??
    10) when click on the three dots next to the title of a wiki…

166 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As a general status I’m going to flag this as “on the backlog”.

However, here is the list breakdown for you all. :)

1) Image embedding.
    -This is supported!

2) Better Copy & Paste
    -I would think is is asking for copy and paste between sections – this is -“on the backlog”

3) Better Alerts,
    -If this is a request for notification when someone changes a section you “own” or “follow” this is “on the backlog”

4) Why isn’t there an equally capable Modern app.
    -Not being considered at this time.

5) Editing functions are terrible.
    -This is “on the backlog” but making good progress… hope to have more details in the near future to share.

6) Hyperlinks not recognized.
    -This should be fixed already.

7) The burger icon is so small (to expand the list of Wiki’s), couldnt find with a microscope. Make is screen- size dependant. Larger than…

13. Teams places current Call on hold when screen sharing

I call my colleagues using the "Calls" tab in Teams. I am calling their desk phone, which is a land line. Each colleague of mine has their own direct land line number. I use Teams Calls to speak with them. I then wish to share my screen with them, so I find them on the Chat tab, and initiate a screen-share. This immediately places my Teams Call on hold. This is clearly by design, and it is a flaw. We need to be able to share our screens regardless of any other Teams activity. Skype for Business did this flawlessly.…

157 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. the ability to change the meeting calendar view to monthly

the ability to change the meeting calendar view to monthly

155 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  27 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Provide option for storing version history for Team files

SharePoint can store file version history. Since Team files are stored in SharePoint, please surface the version history within Teams.

123 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This request has been approved and has now moved to the backlog!

Stay tuned for further updates.
    -Warren

16. Audio calling from browser

From day 1, there is no way we can make audio calls from the browser. This is a very much required features quite a few users use Linux and there is no way we can use Teams with them.

115 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The request for 1:1 calling Chrome support is still “on the backlog”.

Completed items:
    1:1 calling works in Edge.
    Group calling and meetings works for Edge & Chrome.

I hope to have more information to share soon.
    -Warren

17. Guest registration for live events

We have trouble introducing the live events feature if not every attendee is known. A solution would be, that additionally to the live event option "organization wide (registration required)" potential external viewer could register for the event, similar to the "Guest" registration for a team. So we can invite internal and external users and ensure that every viewer is known with name and email.

105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Switch active call to Mobile phone

Our customer should have a function to switch an active call from the computer teams client to a mobile team client.

for example:
    You answer a call at the PC/teamsclient and want to leave your desk and continue the call with your mobile phone/Teamsclient.

Normal call forwarding is not really useful in this case. It would be nice if there was something like a "Switch-Button".

103 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  3 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Basic reports and call lists for queues and AA

Teams needs an overview, reports, log about the usage of call queues with some basic features like number of calls answered, missed, average waiting time.
    Also a list of answered and missed calls.

I have some small businesses who use or want to use Teams as their primary phone system and need AA/Call Queues for some very basic form of "customer service line" (although that term might overstate what they need) and they want to see missed calls so they can return the call.

96 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please add file searching for Guest Users

Guest users are unable to search files in Teams. They get the "Messages" and "People" however "Files" is not present. They are able to search SharePoint no issues, just not teams.

65 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  14 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base