Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Copy Wiki entire articles/sites from one wiki to another one

We created a wiki site within a channel and then added content. We realized later, that we'd like to embed the article within the wiki of a different channel. Which I had to do by copy + paste. With growing size becomes copy + paste of the content increasingly tedious, could you please provide a possibility to move articles/sites directly from one wiki to another?

217 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

19 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

This item is still on the backlog. No new details are available just yet.

-Warren

2. Remove Bot Mention Requirement

It seems as though currently all bots only work if you @mention them, so my assumption is that this is a requirement of the api used to develop the bots.

Many people from my organization are used to IRC/Slack style bots where an explicit @mention isn't required for bots to parse a message and respond.

Sometimes there is fun functionality that can be added for a lot of bots and having to @mention a bot really detracts from the user experience of some bots.

I can also see this getting out of hand when using a lot of bots, so…

193 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still on the backlog. I’ve received no further updates yet about this topic. I will continue to bring your feedback to the feature team.

-Warren

3. wiki recover

Provide a rollback or revision control capability for the wiki. We just had an accidental deletion of an entire section and there's no backup? "Undo" did not.

175 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This request is still queued up in the backlog. No new details are available at this time.
    -Warren

4. Deploy Microsoft Teams over the network using GPO

Deploy Teams over the network to GPO setting that will launch the application only in the background mode.

165 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  21 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improve the customization of which video is displayed during a group video meeting.

During video calls, allow us to click on a person to force their video to take up the whole window (Including one's own camera!). Especially since some people do not turn on their video, their icon should not take up a portion of the screen that could be used to enlarge an active video broadcast. Thank you!!

154 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Wiki - Needs a lot of changes

1) Image embedding.
    2) Better Copy & Paste
    3) Better Alerts,
    4) Why isn't there an equally capable Modern app.
    5) Editing functions are terrible.
    6) Hyperlinks not recognized.
    7) The burger icon is so small (to expand the list of Wiki's), couldnt find with a microscope. Make is screen- size dependant. Larger than a given size, just show a list of all the wiki's.
    8) Allow importing blogs from sharepoint
    9) Right click options when editing the content is limited to just "Copy", really ??
    10) when click on the three dots next to the title of a wiki…

153 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As a general status I’m going to flag this as “on the backlog”.

However, here is the list breakdown for you all. :)

1) Image embedding.
    -This is supported!

2) Better Copy & Paste
    -I would think is is asking for copy and paste between sections – this is -“on the backlog”

3) Better Alerts,
    -If this is a request for notification when someone changes a section you “own” or “follow” this is “on the backlog”

4) Why isn’t there an equally capable Modern app.
    -Not being considered at this time.

5) Editing functions are terrible.
    -This is “on the backlog” but making good progress… hope to have more details in the near future to share.

6) Hyperlinks not recognized.
    -This should be fixed already.

7) The burger icon is so small (to expand the list of Wiki’s), couldnt find with a microscope. Make is screen- size dependant. Larger than…

7. Enable drag&drop for Shifts

Enable/devolp the feature to drag&drop (move/copy) shifts in the integrated shifts-app in teams and allow multiple selection of shifts by holding the "CTRL" key.

142 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  3 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Delete call history

We should be able to delete call history to keep the UI clean and usable.

118 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide option for storing version history for Team files

SharePoint can store file version history. Since Team files are stored in SharePoint, please surface the version history within Teams.

117 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This request has been approved and has now moved to the backlog!

Stay tuned for further updates.
    -Warren

10. Audio calling from browser

From day 1, there is no way we can make audio calls from the browser. This is a very much required features quite a few users use Linux and there is no way we can use Teams with them.

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The request for 1:1 calling Chrome support is still “on the backlog”.

Completed items:
    1:1 calling works in Edge.
    Group calling and meetings works for Edge & Chrome.

I hope to have more information to share soon.
    -Warren

11. Let me see clicks of callee when presenting via screen sharing

The idea is taken from TeamViewer, where you are able to show to presenter where you clicked on the shared screen. This feature is really usefull, when someone tries to explain something to presenter (or to other people when the call is for more people) and the presenter cannot see/understand what he's really thinks.

Usually, when we have our skype meetings, we use TeamViewer for screen sharing, because we can easily show what part of code is problematic by click on the shared screen. When we click on it then cursor with name of the person who clicked is shown.

93 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This request is still on the backlog, no additional details are available at the moment.

-Warren

12. Guest Presenter in Team Live Event Meeting

It does not appear that Guest users can be a presenter in a Live Event meeting. This is a key functionality as not all presenters will be employees.

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Guest registration for live events

We have trouble introducing the live events feature if not every attendee is known. A solution would be, that additionally to the live event option "organization wide (registration required)" potential external viewer could register for the event, similar to the "Guest" registration for a team. So we can invite internal and external users and ensure that every viewer is known with name and email.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. "Copy link" (aka permalink) doesn't work properly (bug)

I'm using Teams on a Mac.

Today I opened up Teams and was delighted to discover that there is now a "Copy link" option under the three-dot menu on each message. Unfortunately it doesn't work. Upon using it I would have expected to get a URL in my clipboard (pretty safe assumption for a menu item labelled "Copy link") but that's not what happened. Instead, this is what ended up in my clipboard:

Firstname lastname: Request you to add some links or documents regarding …
    posted in Technology Communities/Tech Renewal General Ideas and Questions at 23 Mar 2018 04:44

I…

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  23 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. View Pinned Chats in mobile app

Showing pinned chats t the top of the Recent Chat list works great in the desktop app. It is especially nice for pinning named group chats. But this functionality doesn't appear in the mobile app. Users should also be able to view pinned chat groups in the mobile app.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Teams Setting Wiped in App and Browser

Currently there is an issue with Teams (in a web browser or in the Teams desktop app) that is causing the settings for Teams to be wiped upon log out or restart of the user’s computer. This appears to happen to any owner of a team as well as the global admin for the organization.
    I have attached a screenshot that shows the settings that are getting wiped out by doing the actions above.

This is a huge issue as it is time consuming to put the settings back and also a hassle to the users that may or may…

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Remind users to clock in and clock out depending on their shift.

We use clock in and out times to calculate attendance bonus. But some users forget to clock out overnight, or forget to clock in at the start of their day.

A notification like "Your shift starts in 5 minutes - Do you want to clock in?" and "Your shift ended 5 minutes ago - Do you want to clock out?" would be so helpful to remind users to do it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Filter shifts by members

Should be able to filter shifts by member. We could have an option to filter by one or more members, so shifts rows would be displayed only for that members filtered. That would be faster to manage more than one team members at the same time, not looking for one by one member as it is today.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you so much for your feedback! This is a great suggestion especially for larger teams. How big is your team? We will add this suggestion to our backlog. We plan to improve in the future our filtering capabilities and your suggestion makes a lot of sense.

You are receiving this email because you agreed to be contacted by Microsoft about your product feedback
    Privacy Statement
    Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052 USA

19. shift request

Is there a way to set it so employees can't request conflicting shifts? Let's say an employee requests an 8-5 shift then accidentally requests a 9-4 shift. Is there a way to not allow multiple requests for the same period?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you so much for this feedback! My name is Amir and I’m a product manager in the Shifts team. “Conflict resolutions” is an important feature that we have in our backlog and we will add this scenario to our product specification. Are there other likely conflicts that you foresee happening?

You are receiving this email because you agreed to be contacted by Microsoft about your product feedback
    Privacy Statement

20. Disable/Filter notifications from Shifts

There should be a way to disable notifications that come from Shifts such as "requesting an open shift". As an administrator I find myself being added to numerous Teams that uses Shifts but I don't have a need to be notified nor see the activity for that particular team in my activity feed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you so much for your feedback! My name is Amir and I am a product manager in the Shifts team. This must be frustrating to get so many notification and I apologize for that. Did you try to disable your mobile notification for activities coming from the Shifts app within Teams? Is this issue mostly on desktop. We will add your ask to our backlog.

Privacy Statement

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base