Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. See all planner tasks assigned to me

It would be nice if all planner tasks assigned to me were aggregated somewhere, instead of requiring me to go into each individual team and then each individual channel to find out what I'm responsible for. To-dos could get lost in the shuffle very easily that way.

406 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

18 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. While in a call, add another person to the call

While in a call, you should be able to add another person (or more than one) to the call, to instantly create a group call. Similar as in Skype by clicking the "+" button.

402 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Warren responded

This feature has been released and will now be flagged as completed.

Thank you all for the feedback!
    -Warren

3. Allow service numbers from a SIP trunk via Teams Direct Routing

Could you please add support for service numbers (usable with auto attendant or call queues) that come from a SIP trunk connected via Direct Routing? It doesn't make sense to support BYOT with Teams Direct Routing but not having the possibility to use the numbers on the SIP trunk as service numbers for an auto attendant or a call queue.

383 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Forward an email to a channel

A useful feature for an intact Team that is just starting to use Microsoft Teams would be the ability to forward an existing email to a channel.

378 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi everyone, we’ve added the ability to create an email address for a channel. You can see more details here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Can-I-Email-to-a-Team-channel/m-p/51774/highlight/false#M2784

Some of you have reached out to let me know that this doesn’t address your other needs around being able to send emails into and out of Teams. Please email me at sparavi@microsoft.com, because I’m collating all your feedback and will submit a follow up request to this item to the team.

Thanks everyone, and thank you for making Teams better and better with your great feedback and participation.

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

5. Wiki needs image embedding

I was working on a wiki article for a channel and wanted to embed a picture. The best I could do was paste a URL. I would like to embed an image in sharepoint or just a plain image from my pc so I can talk about it in the wiki section and aid the reader understand better.

375 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is done! Users can now paste an image directly into Wiki to have it embed properly. We’re rolling out a feature in the next day or two to allow users to then resize that image. We’re completing work to allow users to insert an image natively without using copy / paste, that should be completed by end of year.

If you have any trouble with this feature, just tweet me at @skprufo.

Sincerely,
    Suphatra

6. Add surveys/polls

It would be great, if we can add Surveys/polls directly to a Team. Currently, we need to create them externally and post a link to this. If we can include it in the Team, it could be a new tab that users can open and take the Survey/Poll directly.

360 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi again, a few of you emailed me that the previous instructions were not working, so here are two more ways you can add Polly.

1. Click on the ellipses of the Team name then click View team. In this window, click the tab that says “Bots.” Then click “Discover Bots” and find Polly.

2. Or just use the search bar in the left rail of your app. Write “Polly” and you should see the bot show up in the results in the auto-complete drop-down.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to tweet to me at www.twitter.com/skprufo or email at this address or just add to this thread - whatever works for you. :)

Sincerely,
    Suphatra

7. Include previous chat history when adding new people to group chat

Provide an option to include chat history when you add new person to a group chat

359 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great news everybody, this feature request has now made it to the public ring! You will now see the chat history when adding new people to group chat.

Thank you for the suggestions and feedback.

-Warren

8. Scalable UI (zoom feature)

It would be great to have the Teams desktop app UI to be manually scalable. The default scaling should be set based on the system settings for scaling, but the UI should be scalable independent of this.

(should I mention Slack allows zoom in/out with Ctrl+ + and Ctrl+- key combinations and Ctrl+0 restores default setting)

I find the desktop UI too small for my eyes. I do have scaling enabled on my Windows computer, and other apps and programs work well, but the Teams client bothers me being too small.

351 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

80 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is DONE!

Email me if you ever have any problems with it, so I can re-open the ticket. My email is sparavi (at) Microsoft (dot) com.

Thanks,
    Suphatra

9. Screen sharing within chat

I need to be able to share my screen with a coworker at a different location WITHIN a chat. I also need my coworker to be able take over my computer within chat. Right now it seems you can only share your screen during a meeting.

348 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is done! Happy holidays. Tweet me at @skprufo if you have any questions.
    Suphatra

10. Timestamps for EVERYTHING

There should at least be an option to turn on timestamps instead of just the date.

Also team meetings should have this too. I can currently see that there was a meeting and how long it lasted however it doesn't even display the date it happened.

302 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Marking this ask as complete.

Also note that timestamps have a new home — we heard that people were having trouble finding the timestamps for sent messages, so we moved them inside the message bubble itself. Now, whenever you’re in a channel or a chat, you’ll be able to see the date and time a message was sent (and whether or not it’s been edited).

If you have any questions, please feel free to ping me via email or on Twitter at @skprufo.

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

11. 288 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  35 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add Teams as a service in Flow

Microsoft Flow supports Slack and others - would be really helpful to support Teams.

288 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Sync/Import existing Planner

If I already created a Planner before I created the Team, it would be nice to be able to import the existing planner into the new Team.

286 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Planner made this available a couple months ago, but posting here for reference. Also note that you must be the ADMIN of the Plan in order to have the permission to import it over to Teams.

The copy below is from the Planner blog post: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Planner-Blog/Bringing-a-Plan-into-Microsoft-Teams/ba-p/57463

Here are the steps and important items to note:

-In order to import a plan, you must create a Team from an existing O365 Group.
    -To bring the plan into Teams (mirroring the plan in the Planner web app), add a Planner tab to your Team, and click “Use an existing plan”
    -This will import your board and enable you to have a fully synced experience between Planner and Teams.

If you have any other Planner suggestions, please post them to planner.uservoice.com so you can hear directly from the Planner team!

Sincerely,
    Suphatra

14. Archive Teams

We often create agile teams to work on a specific project. Once the project is completed we would like to archive the team in order not to loose the content. Currently we just remove them from our favorites which means that the more list keeps growing. A function to archive a team would be appreciated.

Best regards
    Seb

282 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Edit Office documents without leaving Teams

While it's wonderful you can view docs shared with a team and said doc gets placed in share-point. The moment you edit the doc you get sent to a web-browser. Considering it's literally HTML, it would be nice if that session presented with within Teams rather than a separate browser pop up. It would make the collaboration process more seamless as well s allow people to continue their persistent chat in teams while editing and not be tempted to use the suddenly disjointed chat built into word/excel.

I feel the more seamless this experience is (only pop up word if…

275 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone, this feature is completed and will ship to your clients soon. Some of you may have received it too soon (our error, not yours) and then seen it mysteriously disappear. Don’t worry, it’s coming back! :-)

It will also be noted and instructions will be provided in our Release Notes. You can find release notes when you start a conversation with T-Bot (Release Notes will appear in his tabs) or you can go to this external website: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Release-notes-for-Microsoft-Teams-d7092a6d-c896-424c-b362-a472d5f105de

If you have any questions or face any issues with this feature, please just ping me directly on Twitter at skprufo or via email at sparavimicrosoft.com.

Cheers,
    Suphatra

16. Ability to check call quality ahead of calls/meetings

Skype for Business has a way to check your call quality so you can hear how you sound. Teams really needs this as well. I've had a few calls where I can hear the audience clearly, however they say my audio quality is poor.

I'd like the ability check and see how I sound before I join a Teams meeting or make a call.

269 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Start a meeting with the mic muted, like Skype and Lync do

When joining a meeting, the video and mic should be turned off by default and need to be turned on by the user either per session or globally via settings. This is the default behavior for both Skype for Business and Lync 2013 (as I recall).

269 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request has been completed and shipped!

Thank you for the suggestion.
    -Warren

18. Desktop notifications for Windows

Need to have notifications in the action centre on Windows 10 also preferably make the desktop client a UWP app (I understand it is not currently) for full integration of notifications and (hopefully) Cortana

269 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  11 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. MacOS shortcuts and keyboard interactions

Please make MacOS default interactions (keyboard shortcuts/nav, menus, prefs, notifications). Other Office 365 apps are more native than this.

--

Request that text navigation shortcuts follow the system standard:
    cmd+left arrow – jumps cursor to beginning of text
    cmd+right arrow – jumps cursor to end of text
    option + left arrow – jumps cursor left one word
    option + right arrow – jumps cursor right one word

---

One of the issues with this is that the native notifications from other apps cover up the Team ones when both are active. If it was a native app, these notifications would…

255 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The revamp of shortcut keys has released to the public ring! It took a while but we finally have it ready for you all to use.

Thank you all for the feedback. :)
    -Warren

20. Allow team member to join meetings with phone

Enable dial in bridge and mobile capability for meetings. When team member has bandwidth constraints or only on mobile only they can't participate in meetings.

250 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  14 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.