Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Configure app start up behavior

It would be great if I can decide how the app starts up, like start up at boot but minimized, start up at boot maximized, do not start up at boot, etc..

462 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

120 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Warren responded

Switching status to “completed” from “We have this”.

Hi everyone,

We do have this feature!
    In order to have the Teams application start in the background you will need to set these two items.

Under Settings, within Teams, you need to select both of these options:
    1) Auto-start application
    2) Open application in background

If those two are selected, upon restart of the OS when you first login in, the Team app should start in the background and only appear in hidden application bar and not on the main Taskbar.

Please NOTE: If you exit the Teams application, then click the Teams’ icon to launch the app, it will now load in the foreground. The background start up is only when you first log into the OS and the application automatically launches in the background.

-Warren

2. Hyperlink any text in chat

Allow any text to be selected and a hyperlink added to it, both using Ctrl+K (standard across Office applications) and by providing a hyperlink button in the expanded compose box.

455 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can now hyperlink any text.

To do so click on the “A” icon just under the compose box, this will expand the compose box.
    From the expanded view, you can type the text you wish, select the text then click the chain icon at the top of the compose box.
    This will allow you to add a hyperlink to the selected text. You may also enter the text into “text to display” field in this pop up box.

Thank you for the suggestions and keep that feedback coming!

-Warren

3. Let me and the team owner delete messages.

One user asked:
    If I wrote the message, I should be allowed to delete it, regardless of a time limit (right now we're only allowed 24 hours to delete our own message). There should be no limit.

Another user asked:
    The team owner should have moderating access to their own teams. In its most basic form, team owners should be able to delete messages posted by other members.

It is a basic functionality that other popular services like Slack allow. It also helps keep a team's conversation clean.

For example, a new member of our team is still getting familiar…

449 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Suphatra responded

We have removed the 24-hour limit on all messages. We have also added the ability for owners to delete messages. HOWEVER, on the latter function, this is not on by default — the IT admin needs to enable the feature to allow team owners to delete any message.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Suphatra

4. Video meetings (Smartphone)

It would be great to participate on video meetings via smartphones (Microsoft Teams application). Most of the people have a smartphone with a camera.

448 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. copy & paste pictures

Would be nice to make it possible to post pictures directly into a Team channel form anywhere (browser, files, etc)

410 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’ve gotten feedback from the feature team that copying images into chat should work, but different than you would expect with external images. External images pasted into a message will show up as a link. Prior to the update, pasting an external image simply broke.

If you wish to paste an external image and not have it appear as a link, then you will need to past it into the clipboard and then copy the image from the clipboard into the message.

6. Teams Meeting in Outlook

It would be nice to be able to create a Teams meeting directly in Outlook similar to what Skype for Business does now.

407 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Tie "Team" environment to "Planner"

Issue:
    Files/Notes/Tasks created in Microsoft Teams are not integrated with Microsoft Planner

Steps to Reproduce:
    Open Teams and then either (1) Create a new Team, or (2) associate an existing Outlook/Sharepoint Group/Plan

Expected:
    When a File, Note, or Task ("Planner") is created in either Teams or Planner, it should be totally integrated and accessible from both programs

Actual:
    Items created in Teams are totally separate and independent of the actual MS Planner(s) located in https://tasks.office.com

Result:
    It is confusing that work created in one space is not visible in the other and vice versa

406 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. See all planner tasks assigned to me

It would be nice if all planner tasks assigned to me were aggregated somewhere, instead of requiring me to go into each individual team and then each individual channel to find out what I'm responsible for. To-dos could get lost in the shuffle very easily that way.

406 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. While in a call, add another person to the call

While in a call, you should be able to add another person (or more than one) to the call, to instantly create a group call. Similar as in Skype by clicking the "+" button.

402 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature has been released and will now be flagged as completed.

Thank you all for the feedback!
    -Warren

10. Allow service numbers from a SIP trunk via Teams Direct Routing

Could you please add support for service numbers (usable with auto attendant or call queues) that come from a SIP trunk connected via Direct Routing? It doesn't make sense to support BYOT with Teams Direct Routing but not having the possibility to use the numbers on the SIP trunk as service numbers for an auto attendant or a call queue.

383 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Forward an email to a channel

A useful feature for an intact Team that is just starting to use Microsoft Teams would be the ability to forward an existing email to a channel.

378 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone, we’ve added the ability to create an email address for a channel. You can see more details here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Can-I-Email-to-a-Team-channel/m-p/51774/highlight/false#M2784

Some of you have reached out to let me know that this doesn’t address your other needs around being able to send emails into and out of Teams. Please email me at sparavi@microsoft.com, because I’m collating all your feedback and will submit a follow up request to this item to the team.

Thanks everyone, and thank you for making Teams better and better with your great feedback and participation.

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

12. Wiki needs image embedding

I was working on a wiki article for a channel and wanted to embed a picture. The best I could do was paste a URL. I would like to embed an image in sharepoint or just a plain image from my pc so I can talk about it in the wiki section and aid the reader understand better.

374 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is done! Users can now paste an image directly into Wiki to have it embed properly. We’re rolling out a feature in the next day or two to allow users to then resize that image. We’re completing work to allow users to insert an image natively without using copy / paste, that should be completed by end of year.

If you have any trouble with this feature, just tweet me at @skprufo.

Sincerely,
    Suphatra

13. Add surveys/polls

It would be great, if we can add Surveys/polls directly to a Team. Currently, we need to create them externally and post a link to this. If we can include it in the Team, it could be a new tab that users can open and take the Survey/Poll directly.

360 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi again, a few of you emailed me that the previous instructions were not working, so here are two more ways you can add Polly.

1. Click on the ellipses of the Team name then click View team. In this window, click the tab that says “Bots.” Then click “Discover Bots” and find Polly.

2. Or just use the search bar in the left rail of your app. Write “Polly” and you should see the bot show up in the results in the auto-complete drop-down.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to tweet to me at www.twitter.com/skprufo or email at this address or just add to this thread - whatever works for you. :)

Sincerely,
    Suphatra

14. Include previous chat history when adding new people to group chat

Provide an option to include chat history when you add new person to a group chat

359 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great news everybody, this feature request has now made it to the public ring! You will now see the chat history when adding new people to group chat.

Thank you for the suggestions and feedback.

-Warren

15. Scalable UI (zoom feature)

It would be great to have the Teams desktop app UI to be manually scalable. The default scaling should be set based on the system settings for scaling, but the UI should be scalable independent of this.

(should I mention Slack allows zoom in/out with Ctrl+ + and Ctrl+- key combinations and Ctrl+0 restores default setting)

I find the desktop UI too small for my eyes. I do have scaling enabled on my Windows computer, and other apps and programs work well, but the Teams client bothers me being too small.

351 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

80 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is DONE!

Email me if you ever have any problems with it, so I can re-open the ticket. My email is sparavi (at) Microsoft (dot) com.

Thanks,
    Suphatra

16. Screen sharing within chat

I need to be able to share my screen with a coworker at a different location WITHIN a chat. I also need my coworker to be able take over my computer within chat. Right now it seems you can only share your screen during a meeting.

348 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is done! Happy holidays. Tweet me at @skprufo if you have any questions.
    Suphatra

17. Multiple Notifications Bugs

Hello,

We have been testing Microsoft Teams for almost a week now, while we love the product; however, it is proving to be counter productive when it stops sending notifications, we are using alternative means to notify each other to check messages on MS Teams.

What we noticed for example is that if discussions continue in a thread for over a day, no new notifications whatsoever are being triggered. In some occasions, even though we have an ongoing discussion, notifications stop, but only work if you tag the other person, but again, this is not a new thread, so it…

303 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  34 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Timestamps for EVERYTHING

There should at least be an option to turn on timestamps instead of just the date.

Also team meetings should have this too. I can currently see that there was a meeting and how long it lasted however it doesn't even display the date it happened.

302 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Marking this ask as complete.

Also note that timestamps have a new home — we heard that people were having trouble finding the timestamps for sent messages, so we moved them inside the message bubble itself. Now, whenever you’re in a channel or a chat, you’ll be able to see the date and time a message was sent (and whether or not it’s been edited).

If you have any questions, please feel free to ping me via email or on Twitter at @skprufo.

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

19. Add Teams as a service in Flow

Microsoft Flow supports Slack and others - would be really helpful to support Teams.

288 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 287 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  35 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base