Public

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about potential bugs within Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

• or
  1. Please make a compact view that can be reduced to 1/4 of your screen width or less

I know you are working on a condensed view, but please make sure that it can be narrowed quite a bit. I always have 3-6 windows going and have to see them all Teams is a big monster so I keep in minimized, where I forget about it. I need it to be no wider than 1/4 of my laptop screen. Please try to look as much like Slack as possible.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Compact Contact list visible without having to go into chat

I like the look of the list in skype where I can quickly view at a glance all people online. This is how i keep track of which team members are online easily. In teams we have to go into the contact list to see it and then only the recents show up first. I would like to be able to make groups of "buddies" in order to see online status at a glance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve UI for threaded conversations

I think that the threaded conversation view has a fundamental UI problem.

At present, the text control at the bottom of the view will start a new conversation, and replying to an existing conversation requires a specific action.

We have been trained by pretty much every other chat program in the world that the box at the bottom of the screen is for typing a reply to the current conversation. To change this behavior requires Teams users to un-learn a common behavior and re-learn it just for this program.

Users spend most of their time using other programs. Conforming to…

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make Team Chats sortable by activity

As someone who is on way too many team chats, I find it difficult to keep up since some are always scrolled off the bottom of the screen. While part of the problem is the overall screen wasting design (yes, I upvoted the compact layout idea), there should be a way for different sorting, such as floating to the top by recent activity. Personally I like to keep my chat window as small as possible to leave room for actual work, so every bit helps.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow us to save the default view for the Files Tab.

I would like to be able to save the tiled view so I don't have to change it back every time I view a photo that I have uploaded into a channel.
    If I set a channel's File tab to list, tile, or compact list I would like not to have to choose it again after viewing a file and then returning to that screen.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Use same date and time format as in my computer's settings

Many people like to use English as their display language, but get confused with the US date format: 11/06 is October 6 in the US, but June 11 in many other countries. Why not display the date according to the setting in Windows?

Same goes for time, of course, where many use 24 hour format instead of am and pm.

3,146 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

323 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. This is really about Planner, but we want to use Planner in Teams exclusively so...can you provide a summary view for Planner Items s

We'd like to have Planner items be compact like maybe 2 lines max and be able to float over them for more detail or to open them up. That way we just see the summary item in the various bucket/lists sections and they are easier to skim and scroll through. Make sense?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. work week view ability to see full day

In the work week view, have a more compact view so users can see what the full day i.e. 9-5 is like. It would also be nice to see an hour before and after.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make "Teams" and "Chat" the same Tab

There is no reason that Teams and Chat should be different top level categories in the left navigation. They are the same thing, perform exactly the same function, and making two different items simply confuses the navigation and makes badge notifications and discoverability much more difficult to use.

Please combine Chats into the Teams tab so that you can browse all conversations in one place rather than needing to navigate to different tabs to see different conversations.

Chats and channels perform essentially the same function, which is talk to some people and collaborate. Forcing the user to check two different…

3,315 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

458 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Planner actions due dates in calendar

Ability to add extra calendar as due dates from the planner, or compact on the top overlay.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Hide or Collapse the bulky "Reply" option in Teams Channel threads

There is a lot of wasted space by the "<-- Reply" bar that shows under each message posted in a Teams channel. It would be more compact to make this something that appears when hovering over a message.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Build cards from email and rss

It would be very useful to be able to parse RSS feeds and incoming webmail, extract values, and then build custom connector cards. That way, verbose email notifications can become nice, compact cards with custom action buttons.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. sorting

I want to priorise a backlog list, but as the bucket is getting packed with task, I could really use a compact layout list of a bucket.

However, being able to sort a bucket by labels or date (multi-sorting would be even better) could be a good way to review priorisation and would be a nice upgrade.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. More status options, custom status, and Out of Office

MORE STATUS
    I like the status options in S4B, and so does my boss. It will be important to my boss before accepting the use of MS Teams widely to have a broader range of statuses. Missing statuses are:
    * In a meeting
    * In a conference call
    * In a call
    * Presenting
    * Be right back
    * Off Work

Particularly of importance are "Be right back" and "off work". "Do not disturb" is probably sufficient for "in a meeting", "in a call" and "presenting". But, it sure is nice that S4B auto-detects those three statuses (for the most…

5,669 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

335 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

This request is still queued within our backlog. No new details yet.
    -Warren

16. Similar to "Compact Mode" request, but more like my concise "Skype" panel. I just want to see my contacts and their status. Thank you.

My Skype panel for contacts is very concise and useable- I don't need to take up space for the "chat" window, unless I am in a chat.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Multi-window for chats and more

I want to have separate top-level windows for each person I'm chatting with, rather than tabs.

21,218 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1969 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hooray! Multi-Window chat has been a long-awaited feature, and it is rolled out fully to the general public. Please be sure to “check for updates” and restart your client if you aren’t seeing it.

For more information, please visit https://support.office.com/en-us/article/pop-out-a-chat-in-teams-cff95cb0-34af-423f-8f69-fe9106973790.

Note: Multi-Window Meetings is tracked in this item – https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/37160077.

Enjoy!

18. Keep your uservoice suggestions updated. This one hasn't been commented on in a year, and @MSTeamsDesign is dead on twitter

This feature is very highly requested and hasn't been commented on in almost a year: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16911121-ability-to-see-who-is-in-a-channel

Also the twitter account @MSTeamsDesign is dead, hasn't posted since 2017. Had good ideas about a compact chat.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. It would be really usefull to change font size for all chats to see more in every channel view

Improve the teams chat ... we need more efficient chat - the current font size is much to big and there a too much empty lines which are not nesessary ... a much more compact style would be helpful for the developers which are using some implementations for channels for example gitlab ticket or reales pushes for other systens

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Microsoft Teams Are ***

It's so bad it won't load my assessments most of the time. My schedule won't show up. Everything is so compact and tight in the general chat it's confusing. Overall a terrible app don't reccomend.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base