Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. alert on taskbar when there's activity in a channel

Show alert on taskbar when there's activity in a channel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Would like to add more than meetings to the calendar eg such as staff members seat on leave

To use the calendar like a team executive diary eg able to add info about when staff are on leave, date applications are due etc . I’m an ex teacher and we used Sentral calendar where all events could be added.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I would like to see a sub-team available.

For example - in SharePoint we have a top level site and then subsites for each project. This allows for each project to have channels for each workstream/ phase in their project.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Default User Private Chat Tabs

I'd like the ability to define a tab or tab set to be added to each of my private chats automatically. As the only IT at my company, right now I add a tab for our ticketing system to each private chat I have but if that could be automatic it'd be a big help. I'm know i'm not the only person that gets asked the same question 18,000x so even if it was just a one sheet wiki tab that could be updated in one place I could at least do some FAQ's and a link to our ticketing…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. lock chat screen

I just noticed the users you recently chatted with are hidden until you scroll over the list, can that be locked so it always shows?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Design guid

Hello, I am learning your design guide in order to help to design our own app, but I see a lot of confusing data. For example, you state that a $app-black is monochromatic #252423, but the color sample actually is blueish #16233a. Also, there is not enough data on spacings, sizings, and colors. For example, what color do I use for a "down" state of a button? What left and right paddings does a button label have, what is the spacing between primary and secondary buttons or what is the width for a dialog? It would be nice if you…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. notifications do not appear to come from User sending message

In Teams if someone sends us a new chat in a group chat we get notified in Windows 10 but the notification looks like it comes from the first alphabetical user in the group instead of who sent the chat. This is how Teams names the chat group but I don't need to know the Chat Group name I would like to know who sent the message that is popping up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Not Showing Proper Name and not able to Connent

I have reached one of my collogues from the Client team, it shows this person is outside of your organization that's perfectly cool . we chatted each other . But after sometime i am not able to reach with my collogues within our organization . The person name also showing pop up that outside of the Organization with the Client domain id .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. please enable a print off assignment or document option - this is such a limitation of Teams

please enable a print off assignment or document option - this is such a limitation of Teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Speaker display used for Microsoft Teams meetings recordings

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams 会議のレコーディングにおけるトランスクリプトの発言者表示について
    Speaker display used for Microsoft Teams meetings recordings

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams 会議のレコーディングにおけるトランスクリプトについて​、発言者がわかるよう表示する機能の実装を希望いたします
    We hope that a feature to display the speaker (so as to make identification easier) will be implemented for transcripts used in Microsoft Teams meetings recordings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Receiving chat responses are delayed several minutes

getting chat responses back in Teams has started to slow dramatically - with it now taking 8-10 minutes to get the response on my desktop client .(8-10 minutes after I get the response on my phone) This is on a Mac.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. notification of emoji under alerts while in chat.

While in a conversation I perform other actions in other applications including emails. The activity should only be for new alerts or if more than 30 minutes passes on a chat or if there is a new chat.
    To have an activity provide an alert for an emoji on a current conversation is redundant as best. Why do I have to leave the conversation to acknowledge the alert in activities and then go back to the conversation where I was to begin with.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make messages from different teams appear distinct

Please make
    1) messages to the team appear differently fro
    Messages from a single individual
    2) allow use to prioritize one team over the other (I am on lots of teams). I want messages to and from my primary team to be most visible

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I am not getting teams Notification to my Xiaomi Mobile. Please fix it.

I am not getting teams Notification to my Xiaomi Povo F1 Mobile. Please fix it.
    It's hampering my work life very badly.

Please fix it asap.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make "Not connected to the Internet" image representative of actual problem

Presently in the Teams for Mac, when you are not connected to the Internet you get an error saying so, yet the image above it shows an electrical power cord that is unplugged from the wall.

Although this might seem to be a simple thing for many people; I know a very large number of people that don't know much about how Internet works and could take such an image as guidance to go and make sure everything is plugged into the wall and powered on.

From my perspective such an image might be nice from a design perspective, but…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow mobile users to create open shifts. Also the image of the Team in shifts should be like on Computer

Allow mobile users to create open shifts. Also the image of the Team in shifts should be like on Computer.
    The shifts app on computer is really great. It would be fantastic if we can use shift on iOS devices like on an windows computer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make praises screen estate friendly

Praise item takes almost the whole height of the channel conversation area and leaves half of the total width empty. I think wider instead of taller would be much nicer for the users. It could take the full width of the conversation area without disrupting ongoing discussions too much.

1/3 of the current height and full conversation width is my suggestion.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ux needs serious improvement. Even this feedback form is too complicated.

Everything is clunky and takes too many clicks/too much effort. Feels like you don't want my feedback, not really.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base