Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams -- when a colleague replies while you are yourself editing a reply, your own reply 'disappears'

This is an 'early' report. I have seen this behaviour once. What I observed was:
    -- I was replying to a colleague's forum conversation message
    -- While I was editing, that colleague, himself, made another contribution to that thread
    -- the message I had been working on 'disappeared'. I assumed that the arrival of his had discarded my own
    -- later, I reviewed the sequence. I had to click the 'show more' [or similar text] link.
    -- I found that my message had not been discarded, but was still waiting for me to commit it.

I don't know how I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. .

Offer a feature that allows you to go back and find out how long a Teams meeting lasted.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. From laptop to mobile teams app, screen share is not working, need the option

From laptop to mobile teams app, screen share is not working, need the option

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to see your picture on the screen during a meeting

It helps to be able to see your picture/icon on the screen during meetings (as in Skype FB) when not using video. That way we can easily see if our microphone is on mute or not, because it shows a blue color around someone's picture if they are not on mute and there's background noise. Everyone in the meeting can see it, except you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Support threading in Channels on Desktop apps

Threading conversations seems to only be supported within Teams, not Channels. Please support threading conversations in Channels.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Presence

What happened to the feature where as an organizer, you can see who has joined the meeting and duration of the meeting while it's happening? The duration is there but the list of people has gone away.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Import/migrate/consolidate conversation from other chats and channels

As we know with agility the best laid plans need to be refactored. But chat history is important...

As a manager
    I want to consolidate various chats and channels
    So that team members have an easier time knowing where to communicate and where to search for historic decisions and collaborations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Doorphone

Would like to see DoorPhone support on Teams firmware for deskphone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. There must be an option in teams admin pannel for team creation notification to the global admin

Team creation notification option must be in admin panel so that any user of org. is creating a team than a notification msg should go to global admin.

It will help to organization security.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. typical MS Software, not user friendly and the functionality is virtually nonexistent. adding outside contacts and creating calendar invi

typical MS Software, not user friendly and the functionality is virtually nonexistent. adding outside contacts and creating calendar invites is a horrendous process. I would rather chew on broken glass than try and continue using this program. Rates ZERO on an intuitive scale and in by far the most cumbersome program on the market for online meetings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. App studio Outlook connected in MS Teams

Via App studio Outlook connected in MS Teams, but there is no draft. Offcourse it is a link but with this outlook can better integrate in teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Adding mass meeting attendees using csv file

Can we have the option of importing attendees email in Teams, using csv or notepad instead of having to type all the attendees email or using the outlook app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Teams Status Changes

Give us the options to create status. Example: Pick the Yellow color and type In a Meeting. Or the Red Status color and "Presenting".. Then you can save a few, and click them quickly when you need to instead of having to type them out everytime in the "status message" section.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. how can I stop the program start automatically first thing when starting in the morning?

how can I stop the program start automatically first thing when starting in the morning?

how can I stop being disturbed by incoming messages from colleagues discussing their business?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Option to remove “Files” from left nav and Team / channel tabs

For organizations that are not ready / willing to support the Sharepoint features of Teams, along with the requisite DLP and compliance controls that come with it, there should be a option to remove the Files option for those looking to use Teams as a more direct replacement for Slack, rather than having to plan for and implement additional steps and processes necessary for using Sharepoint. This should be something that can be added to a Team later, if required. We might also not want to have each Team even have a Sharepoint sure in the first place. This however…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Image files upload from Mobile apps

Currently, the experience is not consistent. Whenever I use the image upload options, the file couldn't be found in files tabs but if I use the attach file options it would.

it is kind of frustating as it is not intuitive.

Please make the image upload similar with attach options i.e. show up in files tab. As my organization use this to submit picture report that need to be stored.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Blank borders when opening image

image sent from another user, i tried to open , blank borders displays in my screen. After a few seconds my mouse selection nor working.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Support Live Events in Linked In

Given the Linked in ownership my Microsoft, it would be great to have support to have Linked In as a destination point for Teams Live Events so we can use Teams to manage the event as normal but stream live to Linkedin Events

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base