Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show group info when group is closed

In group mode you are able to close a group which is handy when dealing with many workers in many groups. It would be extra helpful if when you close the group, group info is displayed for each day column inside the header of that group, like a sum of the shifts allocated for that day in that group, similar to when selecting 'view options>shifts'.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Able to view other teams and exchange labor shifts.

Under my 0365 account, I created a team for all 15 of my departments, each with an owner assigned to be able to draft their schedule. Problem is that they cannot see each other's schedule to be able to loan or request additional labor assistance outside of their own department.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Supposedly unread messages when thread is open

When you are viewing a message thread (i.e. it is open in front of you, even you typing a message to it) new messages coming to it will only be marked as read if you open the channel again. In detail:

1) Have a message thread open in the app. You can also be typing a new message to it.
    2) Somebody else posts a message to the thread.
    3) The channel is now marked as having unread messages (its name being in bold). This is despite you reading the message (it appeared just where you're typing).
    4) The only…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The way Settings, Account options and Feedback options are displayed and the general UX in mobile Word, Excel and PowerPoint is much cleaner

Why is there such UI disparity between Teams and the other Office apps?? Clean up the UX of Teams and make it appear more like the other Office apps.
    And get rid of the huge Account sign-in delay when launching Teams, which doesn't occur in any of the other apps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. User Interface

The UI takes up a lot of screen real estate. Allow users to collapse it down to the navigation bar, then expand when actively using the program.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Les fichiers Excel ne s’ouvrent pas dans l’application Teams

The files Excel not open in the application Teams on iOS

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Mute other web-conferencing apps when taking a Teams call

Mute other web-conferencing apps when taking a Teams call. I was on a WebEx conference call with a vendor and someone called my Microsoft phone number. I answered the phone call and the vendor on the web-ex call could hear my side of the conversation (I was wearing a headset).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Can't get to meetings on mobile app

I opened my phone today and you changed the quick buttons at the bottom of the app. You removed Meetings and put files with no option to add meetings. There is NO meetings button or way to get to meetings in the app, which is the only reason why I downloaded the app to my phone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Have a button on the left menu that allows you to easily share screen with someone. I am trying to do it and can't find the icon to do it

Want to easily share screen with someone I am meeting with, but can't seem to find out how to do that. There should be a share screen request icon on the left menu

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Order

My team and I have been using Teams for a while not, and we are always finding ourselves looking for a way to mark something so it is very obvious that it is either urgent, important, or has to absolutely be done by that day. We assign ourselves many many tasks throughout the day, and the lack of organization on the part of Teams has caught us off guard multiple times. Need to make it so we can either do alphabetical order, order of importance, or change the color of the task so it sticks out or shows up at…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Set Preferences

After using teams for a while, I have come across the same issue a multitude of times. I was just talking to one of the people on my Team, and we both agree there should be a way to set preferences for when you open Teams. Instead of it auto populating a jumble of tasks, we could set the filters to stay there always. As well as keeping the assigned bucket permanent. When switching from the "Team" tab to the "Chat" tab, it completely changes the setting and filters I had on there. It would definitely be more productive to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix Status of another user on Windows Teams

Fix an external guests user status on Windows as it shows them as offline when they are active when viewed from Android Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Subscribe to multiple repos at once in Github Connector

I have been trying to shift my team from Slack to Teams, and this single step is taking the most time in the migration.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. i need all user(all role) in team can change userdisplayname

i need all user(all role) in team can change userdisplayname ex. my corp set username is kant501 then who?
    i don't know who is user kant51 is not a name is a userlogin in database

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. hot key

pls add the hot key to open/close the app to deskbar

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Different conversations in chats (instead of only in teams)

Today in chats you don´t have the option to open up different conversations, such as you can when you are in "teams" channels. It would be great to have such a feature so you could be able to separate different topics that you are treating with each person instead of having to create a team

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Take a number letting people who want to chat with you know that you are already chatting with n other people

We use chat a lot, with team members across the globe. It never fails that for 1-2 hours a day I get 3 or more people each wanting to discuss a different topic. I sometimes post "You are number 3 in the queue" to let them know I know they are there, but it will be a few minutes while I finish with the people that started chatting with me first.

It would be nice if I could enable the "Take a number" feature during busy hours so that new chat-mates are automatically notified there are n people in the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base