Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hashtags disabled on Mac UK keyboard layout

It's currently not possible to type a hashtag on a UK mac keyboard layout - the command for this is Option + 3 (it shares a key with 3 and the £ sign on our layout), but in Teams this acts a shortcut to the "Teams" tab.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi folks, this should have been fixed already, but let me know if it hasn’t. If it hasn’t, please email me at sparavi@microsoft.com and I will have someone help you!

Suphatra

2. Auto-detect links

I posted a link to a site, and it did not automatically convert it to a clickable link. It is extremely important that links be treated as links and made easy to click on for our users. We are a completely virtual company, and we OFTEN share links with each other. Having to highlight and copy and paste into a browser is not efficient.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Links are recognized in Teams. However, some links do not parse anywhere (in Teams or wherever you’re pasting it). Let me know if you have any questions!

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

3. keyboard shortcuts

I've seen a lot of requests for individual shortcuts, but in my opinion the problem is that there needs to be a structured overhaul of the existing ones.
    There should be categorical prefixes so that remembering shortcuts is easier (this would likely also simplify adding new ones). Navigation, current chat/channel & anything that needs to appear as a modal come to mind for starters.
    Currently, if focus is not where you expect it to be when changing tabs, channels, etc. then C for compose, R for reply, etc. just don't work on the desktop app. The issue is most likely…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  Warren responded

The keyboard shortcuts had an overhaul and were improved for both Windows and Mac. It should make keyboard navigation easier and more natural (how you would expect it to work) than in the past.

I will flag this topic as complete and I hope you all get to enjoy the shortcut changes that were made.

Thank you all for the feedback.
    -Warren

4. Wiki needs tables

Just as you can add bullets, highlights, and text properties, allow for adding in an inline table

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can now add tables to a Wiki tab! Each table supports all the same formatting options that are available throughout Wiki. You’ll be able to drag and drop lines to resize column width, and you can add or remove new columns and rows quickly from your toolbar.

Sincerely,
    Suphatra

Twitter: @skprufo

5. Bookings app for Teams

Would love to see a Teams compatible app version of the new O365 "Bookings" app!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bookings (Virtual Visits)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Mediation for law firms during Covid-19

Hi there! I work at a national law firm in Australia, and we were wondering whether it was possible to conduct Mediation style meetings with Teams. This would need to look like two teams or rooms with a lawyer and their client in each with the lawyer for client A not being able to join the room of client and lawyer B. but the mediator would be able to go back and forth between the rooms or conversations?

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bookings (Virtual Visits)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Group Chat Member (20 people plus)

We have many people on my team and my concern is that there is a limited number of people that you can include in a group chat which opted us to use another app. I would like to maximize the team collaboration in MST that is why messaging is very important to us.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. No URL support at all?

When I paste a URL it just shows up as plain text and my coworkers must copy and paste it manually into a browser...

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Kyle,

Yes, we do support URLs, so they should appear as hyperlinks when you copy and paste them into Teams.

As you pointed out in your comment, there are a number of URL formats that do not parse. That’s an issue on whatever website you’re pasting from; its not on the part of Teams functionality.

Let me know if you have any questions on this!

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

Email: sparavi@microsoft.com
    Twitter: @skprufo

9. Could we please add more than 25 tags per MS Teams?

It would be great if the number of maximum tags per MS Teams could be increased to 100-200. Right now the max is 25.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. create channel

I cannot add a channel. Channel disappears after created under a team.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow Full Screen Options for Tabs

The ability to work in full screen on a specific tab. We are adding 'websites' as new tabs, and since these websites have left navigations and the teams have a left pane, it would be nice to work in full screen on a specific tab.
    Also related to expanding/collapsing the left pane in the teams desktop

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Just click the icon in the upper right hand corner (when you’re inside your tab) that looks like two arrows pointing in opposite directions. This will expand your tab.

12. 5 minutes before a Teams meeting ends, a message saying “This meeting is within the time of a meeting” appears

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams 会議終了5分前に「この会議は、予定された会議の時間内。」と出て来る
    5 minutes before a Teams meeting ends, a message saying “This meeting is within the time of a meeting” appears

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams の会議終了 5 分前に 「この会議は、予定された会議の時間内。」 と出ます。翻訳された文章の意味が通らないので 「会議終了の5分前です」 という表記に訂正をしてほしい。
    5 minutes before a Teams meeting ends, a message saying “This meeting is within the time of a meeting” appears. This translation (into the Japanese text given above) makes no sense, so please change it to “会議終了の5分前です” (“Meeting ends in 5 minutes”).

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow the hiding of embedded images, animated gifs, videos - like Slack does

Users can paste/embed large, wild, distracting images, animated gifs, videos, etc, into the conversation window. That is fine, but recipients and senders should be able to later HIDE those, because they're ever-present and very distracting--until the conversation progresses long enough that the distracting images get scrolled out of view.

Slack allows these to be hidden and it's a very nice feature.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Chat Room Participant Limit and Vote to Kick Feature

As far as I understood it is hard to assign someone as a Chat Room owner and that is why we cannot kick people out of the chat room. But if you add a feature like voting to kick people out that issue will be sorted. Also please try to increase the participant number in the chat rooms. 20 people limit is a huge issue for some cases, esp when we have no privacy in the Team tab.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. You need to be able to remove yourself from group chat.

Why is this not a thing. I have no control of the content I'm involuntarily added to. Please give me the power to remove myself from a 3 or more person group chat. Thank you.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Provide refresh button for tab

Changes in tabbed resources do not always appear in a timely manner (e.g. new files added by a different user). A refresh button would force a refresh of the current view without resetting back to the starting point (as the reload button does).

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for this idea! We took your feedback and incorporated into the product. We added a refresh button at the top corner of the Files tab in each channel. You now have an easy way to check for new files or any other changes that might have happened since you last looked.

Thank you for helping us make Teams better and better! We look forward to more feedback and suggestions from you. :-)

Sincerely,
    Suphatra

Tweet to us: Use hashtag #MicrosoftTeams
    Tweet to me! Tag @skprufo

17. Protect files from deletion

Some sort of ownership or protection would be great. As a team head I would like to post files and protect them from deletion or modification.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you accidentally deleted a file, don’t worry! (Or if one of your users accidentally deleted a file.) Just go click on “Open in SharePoint” from your Files tab, and once in SharePoint, just look in your Recycling Bin. The files will be right there.

18. Theme support

Having more options than just purple would be fabulous.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Angela Sze responded

We have theme support right now! Please visit Settings → Themes to see the 3 themes we’ve released so far. Please let us know what other themes you would like.

19. add sub-groups where you can add people in teams chat. Let's say you have channel where you could use tags such as@Networkteam @ServiceDesk

Add sub-groups where you can add people in channel chat. Let's say you have channel where you could use tags such as @Networkteam @ServiceDesk , and only certain people in certain groups would get the "alert". Currently there is @team and it notifies everyone (We are all in 1 big group currently).

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Remove not working people from chats

We just had a situation that one of our colleagues changed job. His account in 365 was disabled in our company but he is still present in our chats. There is no option to remove such "dead" account from chat. So now we have "unknown user" as a chat member and we can't add new colleague because of limited number of chat members.

Please add functionality to either remove such "dead accounts" from chats manually or even better automatically.

(Of course all the conversation with that person till this moment should stay.)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base