Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want to set it so that it is not always in the “simple display” state.

It is requested that it can be set in user units so that the message is always in the “detailed display” state.
    Since it is in the “simple display” state by default, there is a possibility that a message may be missed.
    Although we are trying to migrate to "Microsoft Teams", the above points have been pointed out by the administrator, which is an obstacle to migration.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Lone working: allow teams to securely monitor each others activity when they are in the community.

I make lots of home visits and have lots of difficult conversations (child protection). If we set a team up, monitor each other, allow them to press a panic button, see thier location, hear sound from mic, measure movement (lack of) etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When creating a Team site from the SharePoint Admin Console,stop linking the Group email address to the Team Site url to the O365 group name

When creating a Team site from the SharePoint Admin Console,stop linking the Group email address to the Team Site url to the O365 group name. For example Its possible to create a O365 group with dots "." in the name from the Exchange or from the Azure Portal, however from the SharePoint Admin console some nonsensical restrictions are applied.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add functionality to each channel conversation for a reminder based on a date.

An example would be if a manager/supervisor wanted to monitor a response in a certain time frame they could set a reminder notification if a response to a certain conversation has not been detected.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I want to use Microsoft Teams without having to setup Skype for Business first

I can't find any information confirming this but it seems you have to have Skype for Business first before using Teams conferencing, I'm just getting started but seems little point in adopting if it is all changing, would just like to start with Teams and setup my conferencing directly from there

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Unable to Fix Brother Printer Error Code 71?

Please help me to solve my troubleshoot problem to fix Brother Printer Error Code 71. I am trying to solve the problem in many ways but still getting the same problem occurring. So, Please Help me to Solve by giving your suggestions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Pin Channels and Show them in a dedicated list

Add a section/tab on the tool bar for "Pinned" channels or teams where you have filtered important channels

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Notifications in chat

Allow notifications while in chat with someone. For example, I am using the web app and am in a group chat. I have another window open while working. If someone sends me a message there is no way for me to see I have a message in the group chat. It would be nice if maybe the bottom of the screen would flash or something so I know I have a message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Tabbed Chats

It would be great to see chats in a more compact way. It takes the whole screen now and it very clunky.
    It would be great to separate chats by individuals or groups instead of all in the list. Also notifications pop up but if you miss it when you go back to the list, there is no notification or tag to show who it was that messaged you so you have to click into each one until you find the new message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Chat only with available members of a team

I would like the ability to chat only with available members of the team with out having to scroll through the list to see who is there.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Many Ideas!

Allow files in the private section to be viewed on mobile.
    Give OneNote access through teams app for mobile.
    Allow parental access.
    Allow the option of a paper hand in on the assignments tab.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. My shifts are disappearing

My shifts are disappearing periodically off of my screen for one day on desktop but can be viewed on phone app? For example, Saturday night shift one day is present and one day is gone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow to filter Teams in Subgroups, i.e Direct Reports, Management, Projects

With so many teams created, it would be nice to minimize all the views except the ones you want to see. For example under Direct reports, I could have 3 Teams, one for Team A, one for Team B and another for Project within Team A and B. Then a Group for Management I have 4 different projects happening within the management team managed by different people and different people involved. It would be a great view for easily identifying what to work on.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to select clients to send

The current behavior is that the receiving client is determined by the recipient's upgrade policy

An option should be implemented that allows the sender to choose which to send to.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow access to all calendars in outlook desktop and make choices of which ones to show in teams calendar with dropdown tab selector

I have three different domains in my outlook desktop that all overlay in outlook desktop. Can we add that functionality to the teams calendar app?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Show available app list on Microsoft Teams admin center

When we manage external apps with the service and add-in option, we found available apps on the setting page.
    After the migration to Microsoft Teams admin center, we need to move app store to see the available apps, and the store does not show all apps.
    I would prefer previous mode, which allow us to see all available apps on the setting page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. We can't add client ID's as per the current solution. Please let me know if it already exists.

We can't add client ID's as per the current solution. Please let me know if it already exists.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base