Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1on1 call with setting the topic.

It's hard to start a call without causing a stress to the other party if the topic is unknown.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Australian location for SIP and Media handling

Currently as of the 12/10/2019 voice locations are only US, EU and Asia.

Please add extra locations to improve the voice latency.
    For us people in Australia we need local call handling.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I want to receive separate notifications

Like Skype, I want to receive notifications separately for each chat and mention.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Dynamically show an visual indicator in the team picture if the team has guest users.

Dynamically show an visual indicator in the team picture if the team has guest users. Like the presence indicator in user profile picture. The reason is that users need to be aware if they are posting in a team where there may be external guest users. It is not easy to find out as a normal users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. UI For Mac app and iOS app

See attached. Do you see anything wrong with the UI? It confuses the **** out of me everytime I try to accept a Teams call on my phone v/s my mac app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Get rid of it. Why have multi pages? Useless

Get rid of it!!! Why have multi pages for the same ****. Useless, just more notifications to deal with...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I need the ability to add signature to documents and Excel files easily with out some sort of account subscription or hassle.

I need to be able to have people sign off on hours. This needs to be easily done without a subscription process and emailing and downloading documents back and forth. The documentation should be allowed in Excel, Word and Acrobat. Signatures are a pain now and this needs to be and should be a mobile friendly option that is easily allowed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Share screen is One of the most important options you are missing,

Share screen is One of the most important options you are missing,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Stop prioritising nonsense ideas!!

I've seen thousands of votes across the hundreds of posts about the inadequacies of the search function in Teams but no Microsoft action, yet a shout for more GIFs is in review!

Microsoft, do you take your role as a producer of business productivity software seriously?!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Stop pestering me to like the app

I don't mind getting asked once but repeatedly, I have better things to do that stroke Microsoft's ego

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Option to let a SPO page be default start page in Teams

If it is possible to specify that a SPO page should always be shown as start page, Teams could effectively become "the intranet"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Image and media support for task comments

Comments in each task within a channel can only contain text. It would be great if there is support for images, tables and more media.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Change a Chat into a Group Team

I started a chat , and now want to make it a group as I don't want to loose the history.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I suggest that when I write a private chat message to a coworker, they should actually receive the **** message.

I wrote a message to a coworker, they appear as green in the chat, the message sends from me, no indication of any error. The whole day goes, no reply, I eventually go over, ask "did you get my message?". They hadn't. We entered the chat area on their computer, zero messages. At least give me some warning that the message hasn't been received, cause if I have to manually check up on every **** message then it's gonna be a big hassle using this chat service.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. About the log function that confirms the message viewer when a message with an attachment is posted to a team in Microsoft Teams

Implement a log function to confirm the message viewer when a message with an attachment is posted to a team in Microsoft Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I want to be able to open IRM protected files through the Microsoft Teams web and desktop clients.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams の Web 版および、クライアント版で IRM で保護されたフォイルを展開できるようにして欲しい。
    I want to be able to open IRM protected files through the Microsoft Teams web and desktop clients.

■Description(内容):
    IRM で保護されたドキュメントは、Microsoft Teams の Web 版および、クライアント版のどちらもエラーが発生し、直接展開ができないため、ドキュメントのダウンロードをしなくても Microsoft Teams 上で直接展開する機能の実装をして欲しい。
    Attempting to open an IRM protected file trough the web version or desktop version of Teams returns an error, and the file can’t be opened. I want to be able to open these documents directly in Teams, instead of having to download and open them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I want to set it so that it is not always in the “simple display” state.

It is requested that it can be set in user units so that the message is always in the “detailed display” state.
    Since it is in the “simple display” state by default, there is a possibility that a message may be missed.
    Although we are trying to migrate to "Microsoft Teams", the above points have been pointed out by the administrator, which is an obstacle to migration.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base