Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When booking a Teams meeting, the wording is different between Outlook and Teams booking

When booking a Teams meeting with each client, the display of text etc. is different.
    For this reason, I want a function to unify or change the settings.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I want to extract meeting logs

It is useful to have a log extraction method that can determine whether this is a channel meeting or a private meeting.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Option to hide the "Reply" button in Chat

Want to maximize the number of messages that can show in the Chat window, is there any option to hide the "Reply" button? I don't mind to put the "Reply" button together with the emoji and "Edit Message" which they can be found in "..."

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. What is the point of quiet hours if you plan to send notifications "here's what you missed during quiet hours for each activity on teams.

There should be a cap on notifications shown to user during quiet hours. I don't have any other option but to turn off all notifications from teams due to this spam

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Prevent team owners from adding tab connectors

"Manage teams" allows you to control the addition of tabs and connectors by regular users, but you want to make sure that this applies to team owners as well.
    Currently, you can only set from this item, so I would like to use PowerShell cmdlets, for example, to restrict functions with additional administrative rights.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to easily check app policies

I want a function that allows the administrator to easily check the "privacy policy" and "terms of use" of the Teams app.
    For example, it is useful to have a function to check the overview of the application from the management center in a list.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to receive guest destination notifications

Operated by two tenants.
    We need to be able to receive notifications (such as feeds) of the teams participating as guests in Teams in our tenant.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. switch account for team meeting in iphone app

When i get invite for teammeeting (business) my active team account (private) automatically joins. In want to be able to select with which account i join that meeting.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please please please allow us to have multiple windows open. We still use whatsap, Skype and Skype for business ( a really bad product)

Ok I just posted a long post that went nowhere. You are not serious about feedback. Teams is a good shared drive. Bit anything related to TEAMS. IT SUCKS.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Notifications will not be sent to any users when a meeting is registered

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    会議を登録した際に各ユーザーへ通知メールが届かない
    Notifications will not be sent to any users when a meeting is registered

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams においてプロジェクトごとにチームを作成し、個別で会議を行っています。
    ユーザーが参加可否については個人への通知にて管理を行っております。
    しかしながら、Microsoft Teams クライアントから、[初めてチームを作成する] でチームを作成すると、会議を登録した際に主催者以外のユーザーに通知が届きません。
    会議の通知メールが各ユーザーへ届かないと、設定された会議を確認しにくいため改善を要望します。​
    We use Microsoft Teams to create teams for each project and conduct meetings for those projects individually.
    User participation is managed by using individual notifications.
    However, if teams are created using "Creating a team for the first time" in the Microsoft Teams client, notifications will not be sent to any users except the organiser when a meeting is registered.
    If meeting notification emails are not sent to every user it will be…

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Better ability to sort and manage Teams to which I belong

Might be a Microsoft problem, but I belong to over 60 teams, and there are probably 20+ I really need to track. Which I could default to alpha sort or rearrange more easily than the current awkward dragging. Ability to pin about 10 somewhere would make my life easier.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. make it possible to restrict guest users to send audio messages

Please make it possible to restrict guest users to send audio messages.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support half-width symbols

Some single-byte symbols cannot be used in Microsoft Teams contact group names.

"()" That seemed to be usable before was not usable.

Symbols that cannot be used are () "= {} <>.

I am confused by an error when saving.

Please support half-width symbols so that you can make group names more freely.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. When sending a chat, add a function like an email alert

In Outlook, there is an alert function that reminds you to set a date.
    Teams messages can also be communicated without the need to mention each time if there is a function to set the date when sending and remind the user.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. App permission policy allows custom (sideloaded) app to be allowed or blocked individually.

App permission policy allows not only tenant apps but also custom (sideloaded) apps to be allowed or blocked individually.

Controlling more than just apps uploaded to the store is necessary to eliminate apps that are malicious to the enterprise.

Currently, only the tenant app through the store can be allowed or blocked individually.

Usage restrictions are required even for apps under development.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Control cloud storage display by user

Currently, only the entire organization can change the cloud storage display.
    I want you to implement a function to control this for each user.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I want to reorganize channels

Our team has created many channels and it's now getting to manage. Hence, it would have been better if we have channel reorganization feature

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base