Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create alias mention groups, or mention DLs like @here (Slack has this)

Can we @mention everyone in the team at once (group) instead of using @ for every single name?

Also, can we use a different first name than the system because people goes by different name?
    It will help if we can copy and paste the @ mention for new conversation.

Basically, I'm looking to be able to create an "@" alias for different groups of people within a team.

Use Case:
    We have a team with 3 designers, 2 mobile devs, 2 strategists, and 2 web devs. It would be nice to have the ability to set up tags like…

592 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

on the backlog  ·  45 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Spell check in muliple languge

It would be nice if it was possible to have the Teams desktop app in one languge and spell checking in multiple languge and at the same time customize date and time format.

E.g. I would like to have Teams in English, have spell checking in English and Danish, and have date and time format in "Danish".

569 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

112 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. MS Teams Meeting Delegation

For a meeting scheduled using Teams, it would be great to be able to delegate the organizer role so that someone else can reschedule the meeting during my absence. For instance for Executive Assistants or PTO.

565 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

86 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Recurring Shifts

Allow setting a shift as recurring with beginning and end dates

521 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

77 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow rearranging contacts and groups

The new contact list is now live but it's missing the ability to rearrange contacts and groups by drag and drop like you can now do with teams and recent conversations.

I have quite a few contacts and large groups so sorting them would be very useful.

504 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  62 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Move a wiki page to a different channel

After writing an extensive wiki page in an existing channel, it became large enough to have it's own channel. Moving the page over to the new channel was very cumbersome because all the sections and formatting gets lost when copying over the text. I see that a page can be moved up or down within the wiki itself, but there is not option to move it to a different channel and believe this feature should be added.

Thanks,
    Kevin

496 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

73 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

This feature request is still on the backlog. No new information to share at this time.

-Warren

7. Lock the Video Spotlight

In Skype for Business hosted meetings, there is a feature called "Lock the Video Spotlight" that allows you to choose a video feed that's displayed to all participants. This feature does not appear to be in the Teams client today, and it doesn't appear on the Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams Capabilities Roadmap.

In some Teams meetings I want all my participants to just view one presenters video stream and not have the 4 participant split view. We need a way for the Teams meeting host to force their video to be prominent from the participants view.

https://aka.ms/skype2teamsroadmap

452 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Audio call recording in Teams

How about recording an audio call when initiating a Teams call, similar to how Skype for Business does ?

412 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback. Two updates on this:
    1) Audio 1:1 call recording feature is on the backlog. We’ll update when we have more details to share.

2) Compliance recording is being worked on, partnering with 3rd party providers. Please see the posting below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/blog/2019/07/11/microsoft-teams-reaches-13-million-daily-active-users-introduces-4-new-ways-for-teams-to-work-better-together/

9. Team directory

There should be a quick way of viewing all the public teams in my organization outside of search.

396 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This request is still working its way through the backlog. Nothing additional to report yet.
    -Warren

10. Shared Channels across organizations

Shared channels across organizations will allow people in an organization other than yours to collaborate on a shared project or v-team.

392 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  12 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Video screen size when sharing screen

When video chatting and sharing your screen, the video window is very small and you can't resize it.

When you are in an active meeting and have video and screen sharing enable:
    1. Able to resize video preview
    2. Able to use multiple monitors with video on one and screen share on the other.
    3. Able to move the video around the screen freely.
    4. Overlay video on full screen screenshare.
    5. Able to freely resize your split screen with video and screenshare.

386 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This request has been accepted by the feature team and is now on the backlog!
    -Warren

12. Public Channels

Public channels will provide an outbound communication window for a team to engage with everyone in their organization.  These channels are accessible to everyone within the org, without the need to join.

For instance, we may have a team that is private and deals with network issues. They may want a public channel where they can provide updates to existing issues or answer questions users may have. Otherwise, you may end up with two teams in this instance: a private network team and a public network team.

354 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  15 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow syncing of team files with OneDrive Sync Client

I have an Office 365 Group Created and syncing with OneDrive Sync Client. I added team features to the group. When I create a new channel in my team, a new folder is created in the group files. However, this folder is locked (and shows lock in the sync icon) so I don't have permission to work with any synced files.

314 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still in the queue. I’m still awaiting more feedback and hope to have more details to share soon.

-Warren

14. Transfer active call between devices

Transfer an active call in Teams from my phone to my desktop and back. This for comming back at the office or leaving the office.

283 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Button in Outlook to start a chat from an email thread

I should be able to easily start a chat from an Outlook email thread.

283 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I apologize, there had been come miscommunication with regards to this topic.

The good news is that this item has not been declined! It has actually been approved by the feature team and is now “On the Backlog”.

I’ll keep this thread updated as we move through the development.

-Warren

16. Drag and Drop Folder

Drag and Drop Folder: currently (2017-04-10) when dragging and dropping a folder from my harddrive to a team Files location the files are copied, but the folder is not. Have to first create the folder on Teams, then copy the files into the folder. Would prefer to drag and drop the fold and Teams will automatically create the folder and copy the files within it to that folder.

254 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request is now on the backlog.

I’ll keep you posted as we move through development!
    -Warren

17. Upload a file to Teams directly from a desktop Office application

When I am creating a new file in an Office document I want there to be an option in the "Save as" location, to save to an Microsoft Team, similar to how there are options to save to your OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, and This PC locations. Right now I either have to remember to create the file from Teams or to create the file on my PC and then upload it manually to Teams.

248 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This request has been accepted by the feature team and is now on the backlog. I’ll keep you posted as it moves through the development process.
    -Warren

18. Busy Options (Busy on Busy or Voicemail on Busy)

Provide a functionalitiy similar to the one is SfB Server.

Busy on Busy - Incoming calls will be rejected with a busy signal if the user is busy.

Voicemail on Busy - Incoming calls will be forwarded to voice mail if the user is busy.

243 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Rich thumbnails for files

Can we get rich thumbnails for files the same way SharePoint document libraries now show? Pictures would show a preview and Office documents can show small thumbnails too

229 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request has been accepted by the feature team and is now on the backlog.
    Thank you for all the feedback.
    -Warren

20. Share pointer while screen sharing

TeamViewer screen sharing has a nice feature to share pointer. So when other meeting participants wants to show the presenter something on screen, the presenter can see where they pointing. It's really useful feature.

221 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This request has been accepted by the feature team and is in the queue.

It isn’t the neatest, but as a workaround you can request control in order to do this.

I’ll keep you posted as more information becomes available.

-Warren

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base