Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. High CPU/GPU/Power usage

For some reason the latest update has Teams using between 8% and 25% CPU idling, doing nothing. There is an issue with this update.

1,248 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

working on it  ·  90 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable editing of Wiki pages in the Teams Mobile App

Currently Wiki pages are read only in the Mobile App. Please make them read/write so we can make a quick change to a Wiki page while on the go. Thanks :-)

1,089 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

246 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Copy & Paste is tempermental

Users reporting multiple copy/paste issues for text:

1. Can't paste multi-messages. Often, only the first line pastes, the rest disappear. As one user puts it: "On the Windows 10 desktop client it is nearly impossible to copy multiple messages from the chat history. A fraction of a second after letting go of the mouse, the highlight collapses down to a single message."

2. Can't paste in general: "Copy & Paste is tempermental, when i try to paste text in from other sources it simply doesn't paste, but then if I only copy a few (3-6) words then it does. It means I…

1,024 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

172 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Reliability issues: crashing, hanging, freezing

Literally Teams will crash 5 or 6 times a day. Hugely annoying and unproductive.

998 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

372 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Feature teams have been finding unique areas of improvement around crashes/hangs/lock ups of the client, and have been making small improvements through both proactive and reactive findings to help around reliability regressions. If you happen to see any unique issues, please let us know and we will continue to share updates as they become available.

5. Support device call controls

Support call controls for popular 3rd party headsets (handup, mute) like Plantronics 740-M or Jabra.

954 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

300 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Speech to text meeting notes

Using the technology of speech to text, have meetings record meeting notes in a text format based on what was spoken about in the meeting.

945 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

112 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Teams Powershell Module - Configure end-user's telephony/voice configuration (simul ring, call fwd etc)

In the Teams Powershell Module, add commands to control telephony/voice such as Call Forwarding

783 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

75 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add hold music in consultative transfer of PSTN calls

When putting a PSTN call on hold in Teams the caller will hear music. But when you do a consultative transfer the caller gets total silence before he gets transferred. Please also add music here.

782 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

174 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Search Public and Private Teams

Users report its very difficult for their peers to find a team that they have created. This hinders their ability to increase team membership.

Other users report its frustrating that they can't just search ALL the teams at their organization -- that only a small fraction are surfaced to them in their "Suggested" view.

The capability to view Public Teams when you click on "Create Team" is great.

HOWEVER... it would be a better user experience if there was a prominent button or link called "Search for Teams".

Teams needs this discovery capability to avoid the duplication of Team areas…

740 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

107 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

Unfortunately we hit some snags and this has moved back to “working on it”. The team is working to make some corrections and I hope to have a release date in the near future. I’ll keep you posted with what I hear.
    -Warren

10. Allow sending audio and video message

Allow users to send Audio and Video message just like WhatsApp and other messages tools.

633 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

108 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

Great news! We just started working on this for the AUDIO portion. We are still trying to determine feasibility for the video portion of your request.

-Suphatra

11. Search results should show the full thread

Searching for something works (mostly), however if the thing you're search for is sufficiently far back in time, then it's nigh impossible to actually get results back. Clicking the message says "go to chat to see the rest", but clicking on that does nothing but take you back to the chat at the current time, rather than the target message. If you bookmark the message and try to get at the location in chat via that, then the client just lags and eventually crashes. (while chewing up 100% CPU) Tried the desktop client (developer preview), web client Chrome, web client…

626 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

85 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 553 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

67 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Slow app launch

Right now it simply loads too slowly, and it has that massive in-your-face splash screen while doing it.

501 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Application load time is something we are continuously working to improve, and the team is hard at work on fixes. We have validated a recent regression in application launch time that will be fixed in the coming weeks.

14. @Tag without selection

Current when @Tagging someone you have to type @PartOfTheirName then wait for the dialog to pop up, then hit tab or enter click the desired name (Person, Channel, Team). If you fail to use the dialog the @Tag fails to work even if you match the name perfectly.

What we'd like to see is typing @Name or @ChannelName or @TeamName just works even without using the dialog.

474 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

I’m excited to share that I got to use this in our experimental settings the other day. We’ve built it and are testing it internally. I’ll let you know once it moves up in the validation rings!

Suphatra

15. Links/attachments in chat

If you attach an item to a chat it will be saved in the files section of the channel. But if you are chatting about a document and you want to reference it you do not want to save it to the channel as it is already in another folder of the SP Site. To create a copy in the channel does not make sense as you are creating duplicates. a link would be the solution.

459 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature is still in the works. No additional details are available at this time.
    -Warren

16. Metadata / Customized Views in Files Tab

Show Metadata in the Files Tab to easily see, add and change metadata. (It seems that now you have do all that in Sharepoint)

428 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Network reliability issues

Is there a problem with Teams. Several users report that they are frequently disconnected.

409 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  76 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add Cortana

Imagine this chat conversation between two users:

Patrick : Sales is doing great now...
    James : Yes but I wonder where we are growing?
    Patrick: @Cortana Show me revenue by country in October 2016
    Cortana: [Shows a graph with top selling countries with a link to the Power BI report]
    James: @Cortana What product sells best in Sweden?
    Cortana: [Answers with text] "Superduper Sport Shoe" has most revenue in Sweden for October 2016.

Now imagine adding in a bot that can answer questions about inventory or even a procurement bot...

399 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request is still being worked upon.

I am still trying to get details on what we could expect for Cortana in Teams and will share examples once something is available.

-Warren

19. Browser/OS independent desktop notifications using HTML5

Not sure about the desktop clients because there isn't one available for my operating system. However, the web app is essentially unfit for purpose because I can't tell when anyone is trying to contact me unless I sit there, constantly staring at the app.

390 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is still being worked upon and making good progress! Stay tuned for additional updates.

-Warren

20. blur background on teams on android

please bring an option to blur our videos on mobile meeting in teams as well....

333 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base