Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Copying text - hovering menu hides the end of the text

When copying text from a message, the ending of the message is hidden by the "More Options" hover.

1,241 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

329 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Markdown support

In slack I can format my message by using markdown.
    See get.slack.help/hc/en-us/articles/202288908-...

That also allows me to have some kind of code highlighting.
    This feature is really cool for teams discussing technical subjects.

1,114 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

102 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Suphatra responded

Markdown is here!

For those who want to be able to format text on the fly or collaborate on code, markdown has finally arrived. Now, you’ve got a quick, easy way to perform the following actions:

add asterisks to either end of some text to make it bold
    underscore the beginning and end of some text in order to make it italic
    add a tilde before and after your text to strike through
    Add a double pound sign (##) before your text to create a Header
    Type [text](URL) to create a hyperlink within a message
    To start a bulleted list, preface your text with an asterisk (*) or a hyphen (-)
    To start a numbered list, preface your text with
    To create a block quote, just add a right-hand bracket (>) before your text
    Even better, our markdown syntax includes support for code:

To add an inline block…

3. Use existing Planner or Group to build Team

Maybe this is in there, but we have a number of Office 365 Groups it would be nice to make a team out of. I got to make a team the very first time out of a group for one, but I don't see a way of making a team out of an existing Group and auto-adding those members. It would be nice if it tied to the existing Planner--I don't want to make new teams or groups, but use the existing ones....

1,044 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry folks, I totally missed this one thought it’s been done for a while now, as some of you have figured out.

How to use an existing Planner to build a Team: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Planner-Blog/Bringing-a-Plan-into-Microsoft-Teams/ba-p/57463

And for Groups, when you are creating a new Team, you’ll see a paragraph at the bottom of the “Create a Team” form box that gives you an option to select an existing group.

Please note that you must be the ADMIN of the Planners and Groups you are trying to build a Team upon.

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions, and sorry I let this one pass me!

Sincerely,
    Suphatra

4. Mute a channel - (Mute Chat is complete)

I'd love to keep groups/channels in my list, but mute a channel so I don't get those. I get notified whenever some tags a channel eg @General, it's super distracting!

Also would like the possibility to mute a group chat, so no sound or mobile notification should be received for a user that chooses to mute some group chat.

1,011 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

148 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Muting both a channel and a chat are now available to the public.

When you mute a channel, you will continue to get notifications for the following:
    - @Team mentions in that channel
    - Replies and reactions to conversations which you have taken part in that channel
    - @Channel mention of other channels in that muted channel

What you will stop receiving notifications for are:
    - All new posts in that channel
    - Replies to those posts in that channel
    - @Channel mentions of that channel

To mute a particular channel,
    - Go to the channel overflow menu (triple dot) and choose “Channel notifications”
    - Select “Off” for all the menu options you see in that “Channel notifications” dialog box

Thanks!

5. More than 20 participants in a chat

We would like to use group chats for conversations that are not team/work related. However, the 20 participant limit keeps us from using the feature to it's full extent. Please increase the participant limit for group chats from 20 to 100.

987 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

182 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is done rolling out and you should all be able to use this function in your Teams now. Ping me at sparavi (at) Microsoft (dot) com if you have any questions!

Suphatra

6. Remove the need to constantly log in

Something has changed, but over the past 2 weeks, each time I reboot, or even resume from sleep, I'm presented with the SSO/ADFS signin page within Teams. As most users don't even notice this, most remain perpetually logged out, defeating the purpose of Teams.

964 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  131 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Recreate deleted channel

Deleted channels cannot be recreated. They are visible in ShaerPoint, but cannot be recreated or restored in Teams.

891 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

110 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Warren responded

The restore the deleted channel is available. Here is the release note snip.

Restore a deleted channel

You’re now able to restore any channel you deleted up to 21 days after taking action (click Manage team then open the Channels tab to get started). Anyone can do this by default, but there’s a team setting that restricts restoring and deleting channels to team owners only.

Since the restore channel is available I will flag this one completed.

However, we are still working on the issue with SharePoint folder names not being synced after deleting or renaming. The UV topic tracking the SharePoint issue can be found at https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16927219-re-using-the-same-channel-name

-Warren

8. Federation

Hi everyone -- I'm splitting this feature out from the "Guest Access" feature request so that you can weigh in on this specific issue and provide feedback for it here. Please write in the comments what you would like to see with Federation and I will incorporate it into this description. -Suphatra

FEDERATION REQUESTS:

#1 -- When our team have a live call meeting we can not add people to the call that doesn't belong to the team, even if they are from the same company. Additionally can we brought client which will be federated.

#2 -- Need to be…

880 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. full screen only one person from the call

On a call with more than 2 persons, unless someone is actually presenting his/her screen, the screen is usually split between the others on the call. Its always a split screen, up to four seperate window. But if someone uses its web cam, lets say to show us a white board... we can't make that specific person's web cam presentation full screen.

830 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

158 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Dark Theme (mobile)

Please add a dark theme for the android/iOS app

774 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. up arrow to edit last message

pressing the up arrow when the custor is in the compose box, it will edit the user's last message.

721 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is completed.

The up arrow to edit the last message only works in chat or specific reply chains.

This does not work in the command box.

If you feel this isn’t working correctly or should work differently please let us know by contacting TeamsML@microsoft.com

Thank you!
    -Warren

12. Improve Install options - Install for all users and install location

Hi there,

I would like to be able to install for all users of a PC via and MSI, the current installer installs into the users Appdata which means each user has to install manually.

I would like to see a "proper" installer than loads it to Program Files for all users

667 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

181 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. screenshare without audio

In Skype for Business it's possible to share your screen without using the audio feature. This is important for us, because we use a different conf bridge. Using Skype/Teams audio in that scenario just gets in the way (echo, unwanted audio through PC, etc).

Bottom line, it would be nice to be able to share your screen in Teams without using the voice/audio feature.

619 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I have confirmed with the feature team that this is, in fact, functioning as you expect today – you can share your entire desktop or a specific window directly from a private chat session, without starting audio or video. The mute microphone button is enabled so you are able to easily add audio by “unmuting”, but we realize this is causing confusion. We are working on further experience improvements.

Please feel free to respond to teamsml@microsoft.com if you are still seeing issues.

Thanks,
    Alex

14. Notification for connectors

I am not getting any notification when a connector post to a channel. For example a JIRA post to a channel, I would like to get notified by this.

This is checked on Windows 10 Mobile app.

565 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

117 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Andrew responded

Its here! Thanks for all your patience on this feature as we worked out the kinks and got it out the door. Connector notifications are now live and there is no additional configuration you need to do to enable them. If you follow a channel, you should already be seeing notifications trigger for messages posted by connectors to those channels. If not, go ahead and follow a channel with a connector in it to see it in action. Please let us know if you run into an issues and we hope this helps your teams work more efficiently!

INSTRUCTIONS:
    To get notifications for your connectors, just click on any channel that you want to follow and select the ellipses next to the channel name. Then choose “Follow channel”.

Please make sure you have your notifications setting set to actually GIVE you notifications! To do that, click on your avatar…

15. Have end users change participant settings (lobby settings) for Teams meetings

Just like with Skype for Business have a setting that allows our end users to change the participant settings for Teams Meetings as described here for Skype for Business: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/change-participant-settings-for-skype-for-business-meetings-9175e297-de5f-43b2-8e0f-85cc05e24986

532 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

86 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Visual notification in systray of unread message (for both Mac and PC)

When there is an unread message, it would be *very* helpful if the systray icon could have a visual indicator that something is unread.

530 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Get a link to a conversation

There should be an option to create a link to a conversation, thus enabling pinging of folks with a direct link, requesting their inputs.

525 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. dismiss mobile notifications when marking them read on desktop app and vica-verca

Notifications on the mobile should disappear once read on another device.

494 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you all for your feedback! This feature request has now been completed. :)

Enjoy!
    -Warren

19. Make planner available in the mobile app

Please make it possible to access assigned taks in the mobile app

465 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add "What's happening today?" Status

Skype for Business has a "What's happening today?" custom status under their name which users can write custom messages such as "Teleworking" or "At Lunch". Teams should have this also.

463 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base