Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatic Mute Notifications When On Video or Audio Call

Automatically mute all Teams notifications when on a video or audio conference call. Mute all notifications that are outside the conference call itself.

1,771 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

199 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Clear local cache button

Teams has a bunch of difference local caches and temp files that just continually grow forever in %appdata%\Microsoft\teams. It would be great to have a button that would wipe out all the local cache and temp files in this folder. Doing it manually has a very noticeable performance gain throughout teams.

As it stands, I'm going to write a powershell script to run on all the workstations I manage periodically to close teams and clean this up as a refresh of teams.

1,750 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

133 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Pausing screen sharing in Teams Meeting

Similar to Webex, GoToMeeting, Zoom, and JoinMe...It would be really helpful to be able to pause screensharing vs have to start and stop every time you might need to pause sharing. Hope this capability is coming. Thanks!

1,558 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

255 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Search by City Name / Location

People still using Skype becose this simples function to search by City Name or location is not added on Microsoft Teams.

1,543 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

366 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Embed Media

If you paste a link it should embed the media right in the chat (Gif, mp4, youtube, Vimeo, Soundcloud etc.)

1,533 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

169 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. New calls ring while on call

While in a call and another comes in on my DID number or to a call queue I belong to the call rings in my headset and the Teams popup shows the call. It should not ring in my ear - at the very least it should be a lessor intrusive tone. This is more like a call-waiting option that needs to be added. Call Waiting on/off (columns for DID and Queues). More than likely for a call queue you are not going to take another call while in a call. There is a slight possibility you would if it…

1,510 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

166 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback, the team has this request under review. We will share an update as soon as one is available.

In the meantime, you may want to try using the “Do No Disturb” status if you are in a call or meeting, and do not want to get call notifications (rings and toasts). For more information on the various status settings in Teams and how they effect your notifications, including call notifications, please visit https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/change-your-status-in-teams-ce36ed14-6bc9-4775-a33e-6629ba4ff78e.

7. Integration for Microsoft Project

Enable integration with Microsoft Project to see a project timeline, work breakdown, schedule, and dependencies. Additionally, teams could provide notifications to members about dates in the project.

1,448 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  Warren responded

The team is still reviewing this item. I hope to know of a decision soon.

-Warren

8. Out of office pop up showing up constantly for all users

Hi,

We at work are in a group chat and when someone is out of office, the little grey bar ontop of the chat box keeps showing up with the info that the person is out of office and may not respond.

You can close it but every time you re-open the chat tab it pops back up.

This happens for all users in chat (about 20 participants).

Can we disable this?

Thanks

1,430 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

285 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Virtual background support for Linux

Please add support for using a virtual background on Linux.

Suggested initial level of support:
    * Support using a green/blue screen to determine where to replace the background (i.e., simple overlay).
    * Support using a user provided PNG or JPEG image for the virtual background.

Future level of support:
    * Support blur or replace of the background without needing a green/blue screen (this would understandably require either a GPU for acceleration or a very high performance CPU).
    * Support using a MPEG or OGG video for the virtual background.

Using V4L2 hardware acceleration (when available) would be preferred to doing…

1,395 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Improve Install options - Install for all users and install location

Raising this again as Microsoft closed the previous request, saying it was complete even though it was not. (link below)

Teams should install to the program files directory, not the users AppData.

And NO, the answer is not to put a copy of the MSI in Pogram Files and deploy to the users AppData when they login.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/17380159-improve-install-options-install-for-all-users-an

1,335 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

218 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Share live location

I really like the location feature in 2016 Business Skype. It know when I move between my two facilities at work and it also remembers my home location. This should be a feature in Microsoft Teams.

Dale

1,214 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  121 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow upload of pre-recorded video

It would be great to upload a pre-recorded video such as a or town hall. This would allow producers to switch between the pre-recorded content and the live component.
    It would also allow people to use Live Events for webinars with better production value as they could record the content beforehand and then be available to answer Q&A live.

1,162 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Microsoft Teams Windows Firewall pop up

Issue : Microsoft Teams client is showing prompt “Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this app” even after adding Windows Firewall Rules. Issue is explained in the article https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/get-clients but no resolution.

1,019 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  105 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. PSTN for Live Event Audio

Allow live event audience members to dial in to the audio stream using the PSTN.

1,006 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

105 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. View more participants in Linux

View more pariticipants in Linux
    Only four atm

976 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. add the Party Parrot emojis

Please add more emojis. For example
    Add the onion emoji.
    Add the poop emoji.
    Add a “curtsy” emoji to compliment the “bow”.
    Bring the fistbump emoji over from Skype into Teams.
    Add the Party Parrot emoji collection.
    Add emojis that relay more positive messages (most seem negative).
    Add flags emoji collection.
    Add “canyoutalk” emoji from Skype.
    Add medical-themed emojis for those who work in the medical field.

880 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

114 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This item is still under review. I’ll keep following up with the feature team.

-Warren

17. Shan Keyboard in windows 10 it's doesn't work for typing

Dear, Microsoft team.
    I would like to inform you the windows 10 already have found the Shan keyboard (Symbol), but just only Burmese tying. We are having some difficulties for our Shan language on it.
    Therefore, in windows 10 keyboards just only the name of Shan, but the language is in Burmese. We all Shan people need your team to support and creating for us with Shan Keyboard and Shan language the correction with both of them.
    If you need information from us, Please, let us know we are looking forward to hearing from you.
    Thanks
    With Regard

852 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  286 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Tagging in private channels

Tags are finally out!

But it works only for public channels in a Team. It would be great to have the same functionality for private channels.

Use case:
    We are providing a DMS support for our organizational units in MS Teams.
    Each organizational unit has its own private channel where the support team and the organizational unit users are finding place. Private channels are used to avoid data leak. For the users it's difficult to mentrion all the people from the support team using @.

So it would be greate to have the same functionallity for tags as public channels…

838 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

99 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Guests should be able to send files in private chats

Guest can send files/images inside channels but not inside private chats. Without that feature the communication with external developers or testers is almost not possible or had to be done inside a channel, which would disturb other team members.

786 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

81 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Include notifications based on keywords.

We need to get notifications based on keywords. For example: I am a subject matter expert for SAP and I like to know when SAP is typed into a channel so I can offer assistance.

755 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

73 comments  ·  Activity and Feeds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base