Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Specific search

Search inside specific chats with other people and the ability to jump to the message so that the surrounding messages can be read and not just that message.
    not all searches can be pinpointed like a phone number. I remember the context but not the specific message. I can find the message in the general search then have to go into that chat and scroll to that date. Searching within a specific chat with another individual would be much more useful than searching all my chats.

508 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

63 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This item is still being reviewed by the feature team. No additional news to share at this time.
    -Warren

2. Forwarding message feature!

Title speaks for itself :) That would be really cool.

Love you, MT!

458 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is still under review, no decision has been made. But I will keep following up with the feature team and providing them your feedback.

-Warren

3. Add option to have non-threaded channels

I'd like the capability when I add a new channel to make it non-threaded. Threaded conversations are great for some channel topics, but other more casual channels get too cluttered with multiple threads. I'd prefer to have the flexibility to decide which format I want when I create the channel.

456 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

93 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This request is still being considered by the feature team but a final decision has not yet been made. I’m still awaiting more details.

-Warren

4. 390 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Spell check in muliple languge

It would be nice if it was possible to have the Teams desktop app in one languge and spell checking in multiple languge and at the same time customize date and time format.

E.g. I would like to have Teams in English, have spell checking in English and Danish, and have date and time format in "Danish".

371 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  60 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. add the Party Parrot emojis

Please add more emojis. For example
    Add the onion emoji.
    Add the poop emoji.
    Add a “curtsy” emoji to compliment the “bow”.
    Bring the fistbump emoji over from Skype into Teams.
    Add the Party Parrot emoji collection.
    Add emojis that relay more positive messages (most seem negative).
    Add flags emoji collection.
    Add “canyoutalk” emoji from Skype.
    Add medical-themed emojis for those who work in the medical field.

368 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still under review. I’ll keep following up with the feature team.

-Warren

7. Relax browser support check

The current browser support check is too pessimistic and prevents some modern browsers from loading Microsoft Teams. For example, up-to-date Chrome on Ubuntu Linux is not considered a supported browser, even though changing the User-Agent string to Chrome on Windows allows Teams to load without any problems.

Please consider a) just letting the browser try to load Teams, b) using feature detection instead of the User-Agent string, or c) blacklisting known broken browsers instead of whitelisting if the User-Agent string is used.

363 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

115 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is still under review by the feature team. No new details yet.
    -Warren

8. Editable Teams and Channels header

Proposed solution:

I have experience of using MatterMost (an on-premises Slack clone) and one of the features I really like is that each channel has an editable header. That header can contain markdown.

My team is a dev team and we use the channel header to display badges for our Continuous Integration (CI) builds. I'd really like to be able to do the same in Teams.

---

Problem right now, as described by one user:

I need the team description more easily visible. Right now I have to click on Edit to be able to see the description of the…

319 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request is still be reviewed by the feature team. No additional details are available at this time.

-Warren

9. Custom Team Member Roles

Currently for any given team, there are only two options: member or owner.

This only allows for two tiers of permissions. It would be great if there was the ability to either add custom roles to add more granularity for adding/removing permissions for different tiers of teammates.

309 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  27 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Option to disable voice calls on mobile app

Now that we have moved voice from Skype for Business to Teams, and since I am part of a response group; I need a way how to disable voice calls on the mobile app. When I receive call to the response group, my mobile phone also rings. If I ma using my computer there is no need for my mobile phone to ring.
    We use Teams mobile to always be in the loop regarding company matters, It would be nice to have a feature to disable all incoming calls on the mobile app.

296 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  38 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow on premise bots

By allowing bots which are hosted "on premise" (behind a company firewall), one allow to access systems from that company.
    This is the situation for many companies where the infrastructure or services which need to be reachable by bots is not on the public internet.

Some scenarios:
    - A bot is running behind a company firewall
    - The bot connects to MS teams, joins a channel, and "listens" to conversations (outbound connection to the internet)

This enables interactions like:
    - @bot, list defects (from an in-house issue tracker)
    - @bot, add capacity to applicationx (after an authorization phase, on-prem application…

295 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The feature team is still investigating this item and a decision has not been made yet.

-Warren

12. Templates for Planner

Would be good if we could have predefined templates for planner that we can then use for repetitive tasks eg onboarding a new starter.

This is a feature we had in Asana and have lost since moving to teams

292 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  19 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Better Team Permission Control

The current team settings are very bare-bones.

For instance, there's a single permission that allows for adding/modifying/removing tabs. These should all be separate permissions.

For the sake of usability, there could be a "master" permission for each piece of functionality (tabs, channels, connectors, etc...) and an expandable list of the sub-options where, if you didn't want to give a certain role all of the permissions for a certain functionality, you could give a role a subset of the create/modify/remove permissions.

289 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you all very much for the great response. The survey is now closed. The feature team will be reviewing all the data that was gathered and responded based on the findings.
    Again, thank you for helping us make Microsoft Teams the best it can be.
    -Warren

14. Tag Files for Searchability

As we upload files, it would be great to have the option to add Tags for the files. That way, when utilizing search, we could enter tags to be able to find results based on the tags specified.

287 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature is still under review. The feature team is digging into the details but have not made a decision yet.

-Warren

15. Microsoft Teams Windows Firewall pop up

Issue : Microsoft Teams client is showing prompt “Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this app” even after adding Windows Firewall Rules. Issue is explained in the article https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/get-clients but no resolution.

278 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  34 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Delete bot messages

With the Polly bot, sometimes a member of one of my Teams will make an error while writing out a poll. Currently it is not possible to remove this poll, or, as far as I can tell, any message that is created by a bot.

It would be great to be able to delete messages created by bots.

278 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The feature team is still digging into this item. No decision has been made yet.

-Warren

17. Add better support for full room cameras

We use this camera in our conference room: https://www.owllabs.com/. It is designed to show a 360 degree view and also focus on the speaker(s). When Teams does its own resizing of the video, it often cuts off portions of the view from this camera. It would be nice to force teams to always show the full perspective from this camera (even if it is resized smaller). It would also be nice to set this as a "primary" camera in the meeting, so that it is not resized smaller.

276 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  35 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Share live location

I really like the location feature in 2016 Business Skype. It know when I move between my two facilities at work and it also remembers my home location. This should be a feature in Microsoft Teams.

Dale

271 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  24 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow moving a tab between channels

Allow moving any tab, besides files and conversation, between channels in a group. On top of being able to dragging tabs to rearrange them in a channel, allow us to drag the tab to a different channel altogether. If any conversation topics at about items in that tab, it would be nice to have those seamlessly migrate to the new channel as well.

For bonus points: Allow moving a tab between groups, in the event a group needs to be 'discontinued' without losing the data.

262 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  18 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. moving a document breaks link

When we are sorting out our filing system in files, creating new folders to move and tidy up our document's this changes the location of the document and breaks any links you have previously sent to users also the link in the conversations. This is extremely unworkable for our organisation, we need to be able to upload and move documents. keeping the integrity of any previous links sent. For example if you attach a document to a channel, this does not go into a folder it just sits in files, when links are sent round for this document they are…

232 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  40 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.