Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• or
  1. Easily import/add Outlook NAB groups like in Skype.

Easily import/add Outlook NAB groups to TEAMS contacts, just like in Skype for Business. If a NAB group Team1.Tech has 10 members in it, I'd like to be able to add all the members to my TEAMS contacts by adding the NAB group instead of manually adding one contact at a time. Any changes to the NAB group will also reflect in my TEAMS contact list. This feature is available in Skype for Business.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Importing contact information into teams from O365

How do I add the contact information into teams from O365 so that instead of displaying the number of the person calling it displays the name as well as the number?

How do I do this on a company-wide scale?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Open Dynamics 365 contact / account based on incoming call

Open contact / account card (Dynamics 365) in teams for person / account that is calling in. See important information, make notes or follow up activities.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Import all Skype contents

I want to reduce the number of communication channels I have. So I want to be able to import into Teams all the contents from Skype (I am referring to Skype, not Skype for Business or Lync) — conversations, files, contacts, etc. — and merge them into Teams.
    So when it is done, I will get rid of Skype, one less platform I need to communicate.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. TEAMS Contacts and Favs with IP Phones

TEAMS Contacts and Favorites need to be able to import into Polycom phones like they do with SfB.

You are pushing us towards Teams only, so we need a solution!

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. A way to display ALL Contacts in the organization in one list

Right now you have to select contacts individually and they appear under Phone then Contacts, that's the only place you can see your list. Update that to import ALL contacts from AD to display in one list so the user does not have to add contacts one at a time. The entire list should be displayed and then the user can move some main contacts into favorites if they want.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Would be nice to have an import feature for Planner tasks. Import csv file...

Would be nice to have an import feature for Planner tasks. Import csv file...

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Imported files into a Team - After import, the file modified date should be the date the file was modified before import into the Team

When a file(s) is currently imported into a Team or Channel, the last modified date shown is the Teams import date, not the modified date before it was imported. The modified date stamp immediately after import should be the last modified date prior to import. Once the file is edited/saved in Teams, it should then change to that modified date.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Export/Import

I see there is an import and export feature, which is nice. The import feature allows you to download a template, but it would be nice to be able to export the schedule already formatted for import to another team. Currently, If I want to move a shift to another team, I would have to export the file, download the template and manually bring all the data over and do the conversion. If I have shifts assigned several weeks in the future this could be very time consuming. Unless I am missing something?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Important Message Notification

Currently, there does not seem to be any notification on any platform when a message in a Team/Channel is marked Important. Please put an option to be notified for important messages, even if you aren't actually mentioned in the post.

160 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

This item is still under review by the feature team. I hope to have a decision soon to share with you.

-Warren

11. Contacts stored in Outlook with "Company" name only import into Teams with NO NAME AT ALL. BLANK!

I store numerous (100+) contacts in Outlook using only a "Company" name. No person or first/last name is associated with these contacts. Works well in Outlook...Not so well in Teams. After setting up Teams today I discovered that 100% of my "Company" contacts are nameless in Teams. Can't even access a contact card to find the name if I wanted. Microsoft, you were the forefather of making product integration seamless. Maybe it's time for a course-correction.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Import "Open Shifts"

It would be great if you could import open shifts in Shifts. An example- We have data that generates predictive shifts needed for each location. It would be great to be able to import those as open shifts and then managers would be able to assign those shifts to their reports.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Favorite / Pinned Contacts on 3PIP Phones

User was on S4B with a Certified 3PIP Phone
    User Used the Favorites Option to Add Contacts/Speed Dials to the Device and/or Expansion Module of the Certified 3PIP Phone
    User Migrates to Teams Only Mode
    Contacts are Imported into Teams Client
    You Can no longer edit the contacts that are favorites/pinned on the 3PIP device.
    I understand that's its not a Teams Device but you can't expect us to upgrade all devices to new desk phones which were just deployed in the last 12 months.

Please make a way to have pinned contacts manageable on…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Importing from Slack, Hipchat, Flowdock, Basecamp, etc.

Hi,
    We are using Slack for a long time and now we are thinking to transition to MS Teams. In Slack it is possible to export all channel content's in JSON with links to files uploaded to slack.
    It could be very useful to have the ability to import the slack history into MS teams.

1,633 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

113 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Warren responded

The feature team is still considering this item. No confirmation yet.
    -Warren

15. Import Shift activities

To be able to break down a shift into different activities at the moment i have to click every single shift an add them manually. I would appreciate to have a import function so that the activities can be planned and typed within excel and then imported. This would improve the use of shifts enormously.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Emp ID not visible in contact information

From the Contact information in Teams, specially in the CHAT section, only limited information is being visible. The EMP ID information which is very important is not being displayed at all. Kindly help in updating that information in the business card itself so that its easy to note it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. contact

Add a features to add a contact or a group of contacts from the organization tab to my contacts tab. See attached picture.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Filter for Important Messages in the Feed

Allow to filter by important messages in the feed. That way we won't miss the important things

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)