Public

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about potential bugs within Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

• or
  1. Integrate OneNote with Teams so you can take/use notes in a meeting - or have a compact Teams video in OneNote

I prepare meetings in OneNote, and take meeting notes on it. But there doesn't seem a way to easily use/take notes in OneNote during a Teams video call. Can it be integrated so either a tab from your OneNote can be brought up in Teams for you to write in as you participate, or the Teams video call video can be visible in OneNote. Or there can be a floating Teams video window which you can see while using OneNote.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Share more information with us, please!

"How can you make Microsoft Teams better?"
    > This is no technical feature..

1. More updates on top X ideas. More interaction with the people who are using the App. People who take the effort to post/vote ideas feel left out if you stop providing updates or don't respond at all. This is not just a forum that can exist without a moderator. This is an enterprise corperation's official UserVoice site. Meaning, no voice of the corporation = bad

2. Provide an up to date roadmap. The current roadmap is great, it looks nice (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=Microsoft%20Teams%2CLaunched). Sadly most uservoice ideas with…

219 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. taskbar widget/compact version

A taskbar widget/compact desktop version of the original application, utilizing pop-up/drop down menu's to access features. a compact app that can also hover over most app's even if the app is being displayed over another app that is already in full screen mode. i would imagine the taskbar feature would work much like WMP used to have, as for the compact desktop version, have a mini floating widget, which expands when you click on it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. contacts tab

Dedicated Contacts tab - with custom groups, fields and quick links (to call, chat, send file, other apps integration..)

--

I think a contacts tab is (possibly with a compact view) to overview of the presence status and with customizable fields (add personal number, external contacts...)

Rolling over each contact the user should get the additional details and the possibility to click for on different functionalities (call, mail...)

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The Chat feature should be more compact, currently it takes lot of space for each line and the theme is not in line with Microsoft office

the chat windows have to be more compact so that we can read more lines in a single screen.. the UI and theme is not in line with other Microsoft products such as Outlook ..

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. collapse all channel list

Similar to Outlook, I think there needs to be a "collapse all" button that collapses all the channels under every team. In Outlook I can click the "inbox" arrow and all the expanded folders underneath child folders also collapse. This would make it much easier to make the Teams tabs more compact quickly.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. chat left/right alignment--or at least compact width

There is a lot of chatter about how much people hate the left/right alignment of the chat messages. I don't mind that so much, but at the very least, you should be able to resize the window and have the spacing between the left and right columns shrink accordingly. The current layout takes up too much screen real estate.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow compact view in Shifts

Please create a compact view in desktop Shifts so we can see more of the team members all in one view.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Compact Mode for left Contact List window pane

As a MS Teams User I would like to disable the User Profile Photos in the left Contacts pane.

As a MS Teams User I would like to disable showing the last interaction message (it shows up below the users name in the contact list, in a smaller font).

This will allow for a vertically longer Contacts list to fit on the screen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make animation and effects optional

A recent anonymous comment in the "Please create a professional compact UI layout" thread requested that animations should be turned off.

Animations should be individually optional. Like the original anonymous poster, I find the majority of animations distracting, but there are a few which signal information which I find important. I would like the option to leave those on.

The ones I find useful will of course be different from those that other people find useful, so these should be controllable at both a coarse and fine level in the options.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Redesign the channel interface

Inside channels, the individual messages all have bubbles around them. And it takes up a lot of space.

I can deal with many of the shortcomings up Teams over Slack, but this one impacts me on a daily basis and is not just a shortcoming, but something that may end up leading to us switching back to Slack.

Take a lesson from Slack and provide a compact view without all the visual clutter.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 197 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. WHY IS THERE NO COMPACT MODE YET?!!?!?!?

My company decided to remove Skype soon, and we will be stuck with Teams only. Why does Teams have to take up so much real estate? Why can't we get a window that is just a list of contacts like Skype with nice fly-out chat windows? As it stands, I should almost buy an extra monitor just for Teams, instead I guess I'll just have to live with more switching between apps and not being able to see who is available easily all day. Why would a new piece of software not be able to include the niceties of older…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please allow for IRC-style chat rooms

Since the "Hide the reply button" request was closed(https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16925779-hide-the-reply-button-under-every-message), I'm opening this request.

Obviously some people want actual chatrooms, not a window of various threaded conversations you have to scroll back and forth through.

Please consider adding actual chat rooms like you'd find with IRC, or even Discord. Compact, chronological ordered messages, easily copy/paste-able, easily searchable.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Minimize / Dock mode for chat

Hello
    It will be very nice and easier to use if you would enable a minimized version or able to dock the chat specifically.
    Today is occupy the entire page, even if I resize.
    Would be more convenient if was such compact mode.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Lets make contacts great again!

Can we please have an awesome next-level contacts interface and management!? Pretty sure we were promised cool stuff in SfB that never came :(

While contacts management might seem like a pretty boring feature (because it is), its one of the most pivotal parts of the app. The whole point of the app is to communicate. So if you can't find or interact with contact information easily, it can be very frustrating!!!

The first thing that needs to be resolved is the fact that the "Calls" tab is the central location for contacts. That doesn't see right or make sense…

933 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The new Call feature:

Can you make the Call contact quick list a "little" more compact?
    I don't want to blody scrool to find someone.

A list would do fine. I'm braking my neck just trying to find who I want to contact. I'm not blind. Whos designing this stuff???

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. home window chat compact view without showing the chat

i know this is not an idea what you think, but what i am telling is exiting feature in skype. where it doesn't show chat when we set it to compact mode. so kindly update this feature. As i see from last year you are trying to add this feature/toggle . please do it ASAP, because many of the people are feel embaressed when they shared their screen in meetings or any other purpose, so kindly update this feature. i think you can get it quickly as skype also a microsoft product

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bring the Android UI to Windows (and Mac) Desktop (a new take on the "compact view" request)

I really like Teams, but the one reason I still keep Skype for Business running is the small window size. It occurred to me while using Teams on my Android phone that there is already an ideal solution to this issue. Put a toggle into the desktop app to allow the use of the android style layout that shows the Teams tools that cover 90% of my needs (chat and team browser tab) in a window that is roughly equal to a Skype conversation window. Then allow me to toggle back to the full desktop view when I need to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Collapse/expand conversations (hide/show replies)

Users are asking for a few different things:

1. Collapse/expend all button -- single click to collapse or expand all threads

2. Admin setting for collapse/expand

3. Button to re-collapse a thread once its been expanded (right now you have to navigate to another channel in order for the thread to re-collapse)

Please add more granular requests in the thread below.

922 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

161 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    partially done  ·  Warren responded

Item 1 and 2 are Under Review.

Item 3 has been Completed.

I’ll keep you posted as I hear more on this request.

-Warren

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base