Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams app on iPhone X crashes instantly prompting for PIN

My company utilizes MFA and when launching Teams on an iPhone C, it ever so briefly prompts for a PIN, but it then instantly crashes. This is 100% repeatable and is experienced by all employees that use (or try to use) Teams on an iPhone X.

One unacceptable work around is to first launch Word, let it prompt for the PIN and FaceID successfully, then Teams will open and not crash.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. what's newest version for mac? other people get a newer than me and i can't get notice from webhook

what's newest version for mac? how can i get it. another people get a newer than me and i can't get notice from webhook
    my version is 1.1.00.19253

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Very slow response from Teams application for all Russian users.

Dear Team,
    I'm trying to reach someone who is responsible for that but still without success.
    Office365 and Azure Support couldn't help.
    Regarding the article below packets are going by the wrong way from Europe to America and back and that's why we receive slowness and bad response.
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/onthewire/2017/03/22/__guidance/
    Tracert attached

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. permissions not enforced and also not consistent between desktop and mobile app

In the mobile app, I see a delete option in the menu and it works. In the desktop app, I have no delete option. My CTO tells me that deletes are turned off in permission settings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. smile

1. Enter text in the chat with smile in the end.

2. Press like on this message

3. Observe smile and like are overlapped

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Funktionen für Gäste in Teams

Problem:
    Gäste können keine Admin Rolle übernehmen, können keine Kalender bearbeiten, keine Apps hinzufügen etc.

Lösung:
    Gäste können Admin Rechte gegeben werden damit sie auch mit dem Domainowner optimal zusammenarbeiten können.

Bitte mindestens die gleichen Funktionen einbauen, die auch Slack bietet. ansonsten sehe ich bei Freelancern keine Chance mit Teams zu arbeiten.

danke
    gerri

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Funktionen für Gäste in Teams

Problem:
    Gäste können keine Admin Rolle übernehmen, können keine Kalender bearbeiten, keine Apps hinzufügen etc.

Lösung:
    Gäste können Admin Rechte gegeben werden damit sie auch mit dem Domainowner optimal zusammenarbeiten können.

Bitte mindestens die gleichen Funktionen einbauen, die auch Slack bietet. ansonsten sehe ich bei Freelancern keine Chance mit Teams zu arbeiten.

danke
    gerri

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Status lag when viewing 'Manage Team' section

When clicking on the menu - manage team; it takes between 20 secs - 1.5 minutes to update the status of all the users in the list, whether they are guests or not.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. i can't see my file!!

when i download file on teams, I feel difficult to find download file. could you make it more easy to find the file??

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make it automatically restart if updating on OSX

The app will update multiple times per day, which is fine I guess. My issue is that this causes the app to close, requiring manual reopening. This makes it useless as a chat app, and is what keeps us using slack for that function.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Note option in availability area of messenger.

We should have the option of adding a note in the availability section on the messenger, such as being in a different office location. Just a helpful suggestion.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Popup for incoming call should indicate context (channel name, ...)

Hi,
    When someone call you popup only mention "Mister X is calling you" but you don't know if it is a 1:1 call or a call inside a conversation or a team channel.
    So when accepting you don't know where you will arrive (1:1 or among multiple people conversation).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. links from emails

Links from emails that we send to a teams chat arent recognized as links. Please fix that. See the example ...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Planner tasks that have been assigned should be not be updated by other users

Planner tasks that have been assigned should be not be updated by other users except the person who assigned it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. BUG: When thread is collapsed, first name is used instead of preferred name

Not an idea, but a bugreport. Was sent here by @MicrosoftHelps.

Copying the text:
    Hey @MicrosoftHelps, a transgender friend just got outed at her work through @MicrosoftTeams because apparently when a thread is collapsed it shows the "real" name instead of preferred name. Couldn't find a place to report bugs, so I'll just ping you here. Please get this fixed.

Her description:
    I can’t see it on my side but we are using the desktop app.

Every time I get pinged it shows up properly but you close a thread drop down it reverts to first name Instead of preferred…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Teams is very bad UI and very slow. This program need to speed and User Excperience. Develop Java ?

Teams is very bad UI and very slow. This program need to speed and User Excperience. Develop Java ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. VR support for xbox

Hello I have been with Xbox since the very first console which I stood in line for 4 hours. I purchased the X and was so excited to hear of VR support for it but recently heard Microsoft has no plans for VR on the consoles. We have many friends that are hoping for VR support too. I use to believe VR to be a fad but was shocked when I tried one out. I sure hope that Microsoft would consider giving the X VR support. If the PlayStation VR can look and run like it does it would be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base