Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Maximum number of members

More than 2500 members!
    We are a company of more than 15,000, in our global capabilities we frequently exceed 2,500.
    Our Architecture community is around 3,600.
    As an alternative a model where a "Master" team can aggregate other teams is introduced, this member limit - is truly limiting.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Share screen

Share screen during a meeting is not working

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Free version of Teams or be condemned in small adoption rate.

Slack and even Discord grow because they are fresh, but also free. Especially Slack is free for up to 10 people. Which is great for small talented teams. And these are the people who adopt it fast.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Don't leave EDIT mode so fast in Wiki

Every time I leave the TEAM app (windows) or switch tabs in my browser if I am in Teams, if I am editing a Wiki, it goes back to read mode. This makes it really cumbersome to be adding data into the Wiki and having to switch out to get more info.

At least put a time of 60 seconds or so before the Wiki automatically switches from EDIT mode to READ ONLY mode.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Suphatra responded

Now you can just click into the field to edit in Wiki. No dropdown anymore!

Cheers,
    Suphatra

5. show emails sent to Teams in the Teams interface

Emails sent to teams only show up in the Outlook Group. They should be visible in the Team interface as well. One location, multiple inputs.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have this now! When you email a Teams channel, it will show up in the channel with the email message visible to the channel. You will also be able to see the sender and download the email.

6. Want to be able to @mention an entire team.

Say for instance, one of our sales people wants to pose a question to our engineering team. And they really aren't sure who to pose the question to.

Could they have the ability within the sales team, to start a conversation/thread by @mentioning the entire engineering team.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Just tag the channel “General” in your message and it notify all your users of your message.

7. Filter shifts by members

Should be able to filter shifts by member. We could have an option to filter by one or more members, so shifts rows would be displayed only for that members filtered. That would be faster to manage more than one team members at the same time, not looking for one by one member as it is today.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add private channels inside the team

Add private channels inside the team. If we have a big department some topics may not be interesting for everyone and some can be not for everyone, so when we have team now, inside the team you can only create channels that are visible and accessible for the whole team, but team admin should have the possibility to create private channel inside the team to discuss anything only with the team participants that he/she will invite.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Wiki tab can be removed

Why the Wiki tab cannot be removed?
    There's alway the error saying:
    We weren't able to remove the Wiki
    There was a problem removing your Wiki. Please check the Wiki and try again.

Thanks!

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Mark responded

We have made several fixes around Wiki tab removal, give it a try now!

10. Add channel in mobile app

Ability to add a channel to team from the mobile app would make it WAY more useful...

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Fix the Emoji List - GIPHY IS MISSING!

When I click on the emoji window, I don't see a GIPHY entry.

Plz fix and allow the use of GIFs stored locally.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Angela Sze responded

Thanks for your feedback! You can enable our integration with giphy in the admin portal – please reach out to your IT admin to get this great feature! Once it’s enabled, please wait ~15 minutes to see this feature in your app. If you have recently tried this, please try again as we just fixed an issue with this setting.

12. Allow for animated GIFs inside of a conversation, this is currently a feature in Slack but is missing in Teams.

Allow for animated GIFs inside of a conversation, this is currently a feature in Slack but is missing in Teams.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Angela Sze responded

Thanks for your feedback! We currently allow you to add animated gifs from Giphy as an IT admin setting. Please reach out to him/her to enable this feature!

13. no remove option on group chat?

When you build an application, I am not sure why Microsoft always does this with the new applications when ever launched. This shows that Microsoft's testing team is so weak. I am talking about the [CHAT] option (Not the Groups). When you give a option to add multiple members in a group chat, how can you forget about removing the user from the same chat group? I see that this bug has been reporting since so long and MS is not taking care of it since long.

This is the reason why I always hate using MS products.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Clicking Close Stains Desktop

When you hover over the "X" to close out of teams, it displays the words "close" under the mouse cursor to let the user know what clicking the "X" will do. Pretty self-explanatory. The only issue, is if you click the "X" before the words "close" are displayed under the cursor, Teams will close, and then the words close will appear where the cursor was, but stay there. They stain the desktop, and regardless of which application you have open, the words close will cover the top right-hand corner of the screen. If you hover over the "X" and allow…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  4 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. View starts randomly jumping around when attempting to edit a message

If I've sent a message and then attempt to edit it, my view keeps randomly scrolling/refreshing/attempting to grab old comments and the edit box goes off the bottom of the screen.

Attached is a gif demonstrating the issue

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Hashtags disabled on Mac UK keyboard layout

It's currently not possible to type a hashtag on a UK mac keyboard layout - the command for this is Option + 3 (it shares a key with 3 and the £ sign on our layout), but in Teams this acts a shortcut to the "Teams" tab.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi folks, this should have been fixed already, but let me know if it hasn’t. If it hasn’t, please email me at sparavi@microsoft.com and I will have someone help you!

Suphatra

17. Auto-detect links

I posted a link to a site, and it did not automatically convert it to a clickable link. It is extremely important that links be treated as links and made easy to click on for our users. We are a completely virtual company, and we OFTEN share links with each other. Having to highlight and copy and paste into a browser is not efficient.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Links are recognized in Teams. However, some links do not parse anywhere (in Teams or wherever you’re pasting it). Let me know if you have any questions!

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

18. keyboard shortcuts

I've seen a lot of requests for individual shortcuts, but in my opinion the problem is that there needs to be a structured overhaul of the existing ones.
    There should be categorical prefixes so that remembering shortcuts is easier (this would likely also simplify adding new ones). Navigation, current chat/channel & anything that needs to appear as a modal come to mind for starters.
    Currently, if focus is not where you expect it to be when changing tabs, channels, etc. then C for compose, R for reply, etc. just don't work on the desktop app. The issue is most likely…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  Warren responded

The keyboard shortcuts had an overhaul and were improved for both Windows and Mac. It should make keyboard navigation easier and more natural (how you would expect it to work) than in the past.

I will flag this topic as complete and I hope you all get to enjoy the shortcut changes that were made.

Thank you all for the feedback.
    -Warren

19. Wiki needs tables

Just as you can add bullets, highlights, and text properties, allow for adding in an inline table

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can now add tables to a Wiki tab! Each table supports all the same formatting options that are available throughout Wiki. You’ll be able to drag and drop lines to resize column width, and you can add or remove new columns and rows quickly from your toolbar.

Sincerely,
    Suphatra

Twitter: @skprufo

20. Group Chat Member (20 people plus)

We have many people on my team and my concern is that there is a limited number of people that you can include in a group chat which opted us to use another app. I would like to maximize the team collaboration in MST that is why messaging is very important to us.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base