Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG - Permanently Delete Group in Shifts

I've had a real hard time trying to replicate this bug, so I'm just going to outline the actions I performed to produce.
    Basically if I 'add time off' and 'export schedule' there is a duplication of data from an old group I deleted.

- Group 1 in schedules populated with a team roster
    - Group 2 has the same users and schedule, but different timezone
    - Realised that the second group would achieve what I wanted to do easily
    - Deleted Group 2
    - Finished populating Group 1 with data
    - Export schedule

Please see attached image for clarification.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow us to use multi-byte characters to name a new team created from Microsoft Teams admin center

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams 管理センターからチームを作成する際のエラーについて

Allow us to use multi-byte characters to name a new team created from Microsoft Teams admin center
    ■Description(内容):
    現在、Microsoft Teams 管理センターからチーム名に日本語をはじめとするマルチバイト文字が含まれていると、"このチームを作成できませんでした" のエラーが表示される。
    Microsoft Teams 管理センターからチーム名に日本語をはじめとするマルチバイト文字が含まれている場合でも、チーム作成が完了するよう機能改善を希望します。

The error " We couldn’t create this team " is displayed when creating a team via Microsoft Teams admin center if the team name contains multi-byte character such as Japanese.
    I hope this behavior will be corrected so that I can create a new team with Japanese name.

Thank you for your consideration.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Country name translated in correctly for Chinese

Country name translated in correctly for Chinese 中文(中华人民共和国)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Microsoft cut the excuses. Offer a free tier for small teams.

Be decent and offer a truly free, permanent tier for small teams, i.e. up to 10 people like any modern company does.

Spare us the "BizSpark" nonsense. Informal teams are rejected there.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Speakerphone turning off on Android bug

I love MS Teams and what you guys are doing. I had our entire company switch to MS Teams.

However I just realized something very, very frustrating! I have an Android phone. For months when I was talking to someone over the phone while using speakerphone,(just a regular call, not a Teams call) the speakerphone functionality would switch back to the normal non-speakerphone mode and the person would become really quiet. I had no clue what was causing this so eventually I just started deleting all my apps one by one trying to find which one was causing this. Today…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Warren responded

I have confirmed the speaker phone bug was fixed and the update released to the public about two (or less) weeks ago.

You should no longer have this issue.

-Warren

6. Remove download Desktop ad for Teams on Chromebook

We are using teams in and educational setting. The problem for the students is that the ad to download the desktop application takes up so much space that on the main page when launching on a small scree device. The students can exit the ad but upon returning to teams the ad is back up front and center. This constant ad becomes a time management issue for students or students just leave it there and use the very tiny space left to work in teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Name group chat

We have a lot of group chats going on at any point in time and I am not able to find the one I need quickly because all I see is the names of the users.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Suphatra responded

Now, you can give a group chat a custom name! This is a great way to keep track of the context of a conversation. When you’re working in the desktop or web app, you’ll see a pencil icon next to the list of participants in your group chat. Click on it, and you’ll be able to add a custom name like “Lunch squad”, “Design review”, or “Thursday night poker”. It’s entirely up to you, so have fun with it—but remember, group chat names will be visible to everyone else in the chat. Whatever you decide, you can always edit your group name later ​(just click on the pencil).

The best part about naming a group chat is it makes your chat easier to find, too. Once you name a chat, it’s searchable by that name, so you can locate it just by typing the name into your search bar or…

9. Turn off Skype for Business toast notifications in Teams

If you have both Teams desktop client and Skype for Business running, you gets toasts from both when someone sends a SfB IM.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Fixed: Duplicate notifications for Skype for Business messages- If you’ve got both the Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams desktop apps open and you receive an incoming message from a Skype for Business user, you’ll get a single notification in Skype for Business. (You used to see a notification about the incoming message in both apps.) Less is more, we say.

If you have any questions, just ping me via email or on Twitter at @skprufo.

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

10. Large text for accessibility

Include an accessibility option to make the text in chat larger.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve created the ability for you to adjust your font with a keyboard shortcut.
    Just click Ctrl + or Ctrl – to make your font bigger or smaller, respectively.
    Let me know if you have any questions!

11. Translation error spanish

The soil is using the term Gratis instead of disponible or libre when indicating whether a person is available for a meeting. Gratis means free of charge, not available.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Translation error "Drive Mode" to German

Current translation is "Laufwerk Modus". This is wrong and is related to a hard drive / disk.
    Should be in German "Fahrmodus".
    Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. add GIFs

You have stickers, meme's and all, but no GIFs

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Angela Sze responded

Thanks for your feedback! We currently have support for Giphy in our product. Please reach out to your IT admin as it is possible that the Giphy integration is disabled for your tenant.

14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Angela Sze responded

Thanks for your feedback! Can you please provide more information? We currently support creating teams from a private O365 group in the “Create team” dialog as long as you’re an admin, so if this isn’t working for you, would love to get more details so we can troubleshoot. Thanks!

15. Serbian translation

"General" conversation in MS Teams web version is translated to Serbian as "General Settings": "Opšte postavke", while it should be just "Opšte".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Language Query

Hi All,

I would like to know if Teams has different Language packs something like Skype having different languages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Launguage

Where to set up or change UI language?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Small missing detail from Norwegian translation

In the teams application it says "go to store" when you press the dots on the left hand menu, as well as the main title in the store is "Store".

It probably should be translated and implemented?

("Butikk", "gå til butikk") or something like it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. translation German of quote in chat

The german translation of the tooltip of the quote button in chat is wrong. It It says Angebot which means offer but should be "Zitat" for actually quoting a text.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base