Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to pin a website

Would like to pin a website to the channel/team. This way for e.g. I could have product documentation that I often look up could be just a click way from Team workspace....

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Suphatra responded

This is done! :-)

Happy Friday.

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

2. Fix bad Swedish translation of slash command keys

Currently the Swedish translation for the slash command keys is nycklar. This word can only be used when referring to smth used to unlock a door or en-/decrypt smth. It cannot be used for the keys you press on a keyboard, those are called tangenter.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Warren responded

This feature released and is available to the public. Thank you for the suggestion.

-Warren

4. Auto-generate Teams Meeting in an outlook email/calendar invite

When creating a new meeting in MS Teams, it does not generate any outlook email/calendar invite. You must find the meeting in Teams and click add to Outlook Calendar.

For other meeting applications (Skype, WebEx) that we are aiming to transition off of for team specific meetings, we rely on the Outlook Calendar meeting invite emails/notifications. Please allow meetings created in MS Teams to include the option to send an Outlook email/calendar invite automatically.

Meeting reminders in MS Teams similar to outlook would be a welcome addition (you get the reminder until you decline the invite).

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable integration of existing SharePoint team sites into Skype Teams

We have an existing SharePoint Team Site that we use to sync our OneDrive service (250GB+) we need to be able to use that within Skype Teams as our team site... not create another one. Or as an interim be able to add the Team site as another option in the left pane that contains 'recent, skype teams and onedrive.'

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Angela Sze responded

This is supported now! In a channel, you can add a tab and select “Sharepoint” as the tab type. This should allow you to integrate an existing Sharepoint into your team. Let us know what you think!

6. Japanese IME bug - when typing roman alphabets with Japanese IME on

Windows Japanese IME is quite smart and allows users to enter roman alphabets (not Japanese characters) if the user typing with Shift pressed - even if the IME is on. It's very useful and many Japaneses utilize this function. Since IME is on during it, the user needs to press Enter to confirm the input.

Regarding input in Teams, sometimes IME turns off when I enter roman alphabets pressing Shift with IME on. Then, what happens is I press Enter without notice that IME turns off and submit the message accidentally. It's quite stressful.

If I can choose not to…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. identify active speaker

In Skype you could identify the active speaker by air quotes " " around the Microphone next to the person's name. This was helpful for meeting organizers who needed to mute someone with a distracting background noise (like echos or barking dogs, loud traffic noises, etc). We would like to see this feature come to Teams.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Clone a Team and/or a Channel.

I havr invested some time in create a template for a Team that works for my department. It would be really useful if Teams allow for you to clone a Team.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Edit messages after they have been sent

It should be possible to edit own messages after they have been sent.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Angela Sze responded

Thanks for your feedback! This is currently supported through the “…” menu for any message that you’ve sent over the last 24 hours. Please let us know what you think!

10. @mentions

Can we have @mentions as we have in outlook? If I'm in a group I want to be able to leave a message to a specific person. As you do in Yammer also.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature is available on the product. Just type “@” and start typing the person’s name. It will show you search results of people in your organization. Let me know if you have any more questions on this!

11. Change the highlighter effect in the dark theme

The highlighter effect works very well I the default theme, however if you use the dark theme it makes the text unreadable.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fix “tildel hjerte”

The is a mistake in the Danish translation of like. “Tildel hjerte” means “give heart” and does not make any sense, since the ‘like’ is a thumbs up..
    ‘Like’ is adopted by the Danes, so just use that instead...

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Editing a message causes chat to scroll up to random location (BUG)

When I try to edit a message it scrolls up the conversion for no reason at all. This seems to be a regression bug as it was not in previous versions of teams.

To reproduce in a conversion try to edit a previous comment and observe the scrolling.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. PowerApps

The addition of PowerApps as Tab would be excellent. For instance, if I have a Channel for Tech/Equipment, it would be very convenient for my staff to select a Tab in order to access an Equipment Checkout app. Is this feasible?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Search tool highlighting

The search tool needs to highlight results founds in the channels. It is difficult to see results found in longer posts.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The product does highlight the results, and shows the results in the left rail. Let me know if you have any questions on this!

Suphatra

17. When will the Shifts app be available in Teams mobile app?

When will the Shifts app be available in Teams mobile app?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. MSI package can not be verified

Thanks for finally providing MSI package for deployment
    However the MSI packages (both x86 and x64) are incorrectly detected as potential threat by Smartscreen AND when using them to create application package on SCCM, SCCM can not verified them

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. settings

IN the latest release notes 11th october it states that the settings have been retooled to improve them, however when I click on profile icon there is no "Settings". (Desktop version and browser version) niether have it. What am I missing here?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Warren responded

As we shared earlier, we’ve rebuilt the Settings menu to make it easier for you to manage your preferences. Now, you can change your app theme, language, and notifications settings all in one place.
    To access your settings, click on your profile picture and select Settings. This update is out and available.

If you are having difficulty accessing the updated settings, please let us know within the comments below.
    -Warren

20. Desktop client crashing on startup

The Teams desktop client for one of my users is constantly crashing when it tries to start up, then ends up in a restart and crash loop. We tried uninstalling, then reboot, then remove files and directories from %PROGRAMFILES%,%APPDATA%, and %LOCALAPPDATA%, then reinstall. The new installation also crashes constantly. This just started this afternoon.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Mary Sun responded

Hi everyone – we’re sorry you saw this crash issue! I’m happy to announce that our team has just deployed a solution. If you are still affected, you may need to uninstall and re-install Teams to fully restore service (https://teams.microsoft.com/downloads). Please let us know if you need help troubleshooting.

Thanks!

Mary
    Microsoft Teams
    masu@microsoft.com

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base