Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make it easy to traverse multiple individuals i chat at the sam time.

Use tab or something that easier to navigate active chats.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Channels in Teams

Hi,

I am using Teams with my students. I divide the class in channels for them to do group work. I have noticed the tool does not provide the same options (tools) as in the general channel. It would be ideal if it does so people do not have to continue moving from one place to the other.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Calls update timestamp for repeating meetings regardless of whether anyone used the chat, so that it pulls to the top of the chat list.

For time tracking purposes, it's often helpful to look back at meetings to see how long they ran. This can be tedious when nobody used the chat, and the meeting is forty chatrooms down the list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Chat blokkeren/afmelden

Kinderen zijn gevoelig voor afleiding. Het zou fijn zijn als ik met mijn kind,of mijn kind zelfstandig, in een opdracht zou kunnen werken zonder continu opdringerige chats van klasgenoten te krijgen. Ook wilde ik graag prive chatten met de juf zonder dat ons kind dit zou zien. Maar die chat was niet te wissen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Automatic spell check should be employed and available as a option

Automatic spell check should be employed and available as a option

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Poll Tool

Hi there,
    Teams is being used in my organisation for teaching purposes. Is there a possibility that the option of "raising hand is added" to the videoconferencing/videocall part? I think this could be useful in business meetings.

I also wanted to suggest adding a poll tool for the videoconferencing/videocall part to add more interactivity in that section. This is useful in education and business.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 50MB file size increase for Assignments

As a teacher who is now remote teaching, not being able to upload Powerpoints or Videos for students to watch that are over 50MB is a royal pain. Yes, there are workarounds, but working with students who have a hard enough time accessing technology, that is too much for them. Having it be directly there to click on it a massive help. I could want to upload a 6 minute video on the Atomic Bomb and WW2 and it'll be 60mb. Please fix this considering Onedrive has a much larger file size limit.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to translate voice mail transcriptions

Received a VM in Chinese, showed
    送2次无人签收,如需查询,请按一如需查询,请按一; would be helpful to have ability to translate into language of choice... Thanks! 😉

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Approved holiday requests overwrite existing shift?

Whenever you approve a holiday or add time off it should replace the existing shift or overwrite that shift as a holiday.

Currently, it looks as though it just adds another shift aside the original.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Search Option on file

As a user i would like to search for a specific file on the list of files uploaded on the system so that I can efficiently work.

I currently have hundreds of files uploaded on my Teams profile and I need to access specific ones in different times. I spend a lot of time looking through the list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Fatal Flaw: Microsoft Teams cannot screenshare added websites

As a tutor, I need to be able to share content from within Microsoft Teams while in a meeting tutoring a student. Although there is a feature for adding websites, this is useless for education or training purposes since Microsoft Teams have neglected the ability to share this during a meeting. I have to screenshare the browser, which is real nuisance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. How can i turn on calling tune ?

How can i turn on calling tune ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. screenshare

The ability to screenshare w/in a chat, without having to call.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Teams Calendar Invite: Location and or Rooms - link - to real geolocation addresses to map directions

It would be great to add the location of either a phone number or a Geolocated and linked physical address. I actually will create a meeting where i need to go to a location, not a room, to meet a client. If the calendar was capable of me then clicking on the address link and then showing me directions, it would save me several steps and writing on notepaper when driving to the meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Presenter to have more visible cursor or pointer

When a presenter is moving their cursor, it is sometimes hard to follow because it's a small white arrow. If this could be made more visible, it would be helpful for following.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Notification control for Individual Devices

The current Notification Control is global, when I change it on one device, its propagated everywhere.

I use multiple devices for different reasons, like laptop for meetings and desktop for real work. When using Laptop I really don't want to get all the notification but when I work from desktop I want to.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Office Hour Security

It would be extremely beneficial if the Meetings/Office Hours that we set up would have a host password to start them. This will prevent students from getting together outside of those designated times, thus increasing the security. The students would only have access when the teacher entered the password to officially start the meeting. Other platforms have similar options so I do not think it would be that difficult for Teams to have it as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Notify when mentioned option on chats

'Notify when mentioned' option in chats so everyone's not notified for every comment. They only receive notifications when they're mentioned. This would be an option every user could set in chats so they're not bombarded with notifications.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. WHERE IS THE DOWNLOAD STATUS AND CONTROL?!

This is supposed to be a team hub right? Communication, file sharing, WHERE IS THE FILE DOWNLOAD STATUS?!!!!!! IT'S THE MOST BASIC FUNCTION FOR ALL APPS WITH THE "DOWNLOAD" FUNCTION. YOU ARE MICROSOFT AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN CONSIDERED THAT?! DO WE EVEN HAVE TO VOTE ON THIS? IF OUR COMPANY JUST DONT REQUIRE US TO USE THIS, I WOULD NEVER USE IT FOR FILE SHARING.

LOOK I GET IT WE HAVE TO VOTE, BUT THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF CONCERNS ABOUT "DOWNLOAD" AND "STATUS". WE DONT HAVE TO VOTE ON THIS!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make a task field scrollable in iOS 13.3.1 for iPad (6th generation)

Good afternoon

Currently if I open a task (doesn't matter if I open it directly in Microsoft TEAMS App or the Planner App) and would like to inspect the notes section, I am not able to scroll down. The scrollbar, which is available for PC is missing. It would be great and more than beneficial if you could ressolve this issue. Thank you very much.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base