Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Take window shape into account when displaying multiple videos

Right now, Teams puts two other users in a video chat side by side, even if your window is more vertical than horizontal and the other users are all using landscape cameras.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Displays Phone Call History list for the same person for every call initiated filling up entire screen.

Displays Phone call history list for the same person for every call initiated filling up entire screen which is very cumbersome. Should hide until user needs it and click on control to view it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. RoomMailbox searchable in Location

Allow all rooms defined as a RoomMailbox to be searchable in Location field without adding them to a RoomList

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Turn off attendees video permanently

In regards to the Video of Attendees. I would love to be able to permanently turn off the Attendees/Students video during a call. Currently we can turn it off, but they can turn it back on.

I would love to have ONLY the presenter video showing. This would help us be able to use this platform to communicate, record a session so students have the video to watch if they missed it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sincronización calendario celular con calendario teams

Podrían poner una opción que permita sincronizar el calendario de teams con el calendario del celular y así aparace como recordatorio

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow file attachments with assignment feedback

I want to be able to send a file with my feedback- for instance an answer key

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Likes/loves/questions popups

Have a system like Facebook live where you can use voting buttons to react to something a person said during a live meeting. That way the person running the meeting knows "everyone can see his screen" or if people are reacting positively to something he can ask for additional information. It would also be good to have a "raised hand" feature where someone could say they have a question but don't want to interrupt the person while they are speaking

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Urgent repply to comments on Desktop App

Why this feature works on the mobile app and does not on the Desktop app? is necessary and urgent to count with this essential function on the Desktop app. I like too much Teams but this missing option kill all the good things.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Disable option so posts stay stationary

I work for a company where we use the teams channels for our agents to post questions and have other agents/management/SMEs answer their questions. The downfall is every time a post is commented on it auto shifts to the bottom of the teams page/channel. This causes many questions to get missed or lost in the almost constant inflow of questions and comments coming in to our many channels; this directly affects the service our customers receive as in many cases it delays responses. I am not asking to do away with the feature all together but it would be nice…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Delere it

Gives my teachers a place to post work that takes more time to do then the time I would have spent if I were in their class

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Provide an option to send a email notification to members in group.

I would like to see an option to send an email to members of the channel when a post is being posted. This could be an option if the post is marked highly or if it requires its members to acknowledge the message was read. We have posting from HR in their channel and it's owner would like to see that posting are being read and acknowledged that it was seen or read by it's members of the particular channel that the post was done on. We have guest accounts so it would be nice to have this communication be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. You should be able to organize your files within teams, like in a chat. I am not sure if this is a feature already but it would be very help

Having folders within Teams messaging for your files. So if there are a lot of files with in one chat you can access them easily and in an organized manner

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. ID speaker in live chat

It would be wonderful if the Live Chat feature would identify the person speaking. During meetings, there's a visual indicator around a participant's picture when they're speaking. It would be nice if Live Chat could reflect that information as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Show Tasks in Calendar

Show tasks with due dates in the calendar. Allow for date operations such as moving the due date to a different day (drag) .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. resolve email addresses

When I have a bunch of people's email address bob@contoso.com and chris@contoso.com and jane@consoto.com I have them all added from the exchange GAL and I want to make a meeting with them. Why can't I have that pasted from email and have the ; between them and have teams resolve them? I have a bunch of Bob <Bob@contoso.com>; Jane...... just obnoxious it can't "find" them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Beep when message comes through

I use the app for real time supporting of my subordinates,
    I need it to beep or some kind of sound notification that I have a message, some of the messages are urgent. and I cant stare at the screen for 8 hours.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Auto Answer Proximity-Based Meetings on Android-Based Teams Room System

Microsoft supports Auto Answer on proximity (Bluetooth) based connections to Windows-based MTRs since December, but has not added this functionality to Android-based MTRs like the Yealink VC210s we own. Adding this feature would be a great improvement. Using the remote (when the monitor is not a touch screen) is cumbersome and means that the remote needs to be readily available to use the device, even casually. That causes disruption when someone just wants to hop in the conference room and utilize the VC210 because it is available. When I join a Teams meeting and add the room (based on proximity…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. No se actualiza y se queda travada

No sé Actualiza y se queda trabada

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)