Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Easy on the fly meetings

Currently I am only able to make an on the fly meeting with an external member of my project via scheduling a meeting for in a few min and inviting them. I would love the ability to have a instant call functionality where I enter as many internal and external email contacts and or phone numbers and then have the meeting invite sent out via email/call + given a link that lets me also dynamiaclly add people via posting to a channel in which all externals can join

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Limit OneNote Access

I have a single Notebook called "Customers." In the notebook is a section for each of my customers. I would like to be able to add just the section for the customer the Team is for rather than giving them access to the entire Notebook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Restore default Mac OSX "Go Forward"/"Go Back" keys

OSX system default forward/back keys are Command-],Command-[
    These work with almost every document/view oriented application in OSX.

Can we please update these keyboard shortcuts in OSX Teams?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. multiple attachments

We need the ability to version, track and approve artwork/concepts with in planner. It needs to have the ability to have more than one attachment to a card.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Temp chat message stays in message box

Once I left the message box with unfinished message, every time I come back to the chat that message stays there even though I could send new messages and delete that. Temp message doesn’t disappear.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create an indication that a new message has arrived by changing the color of the windows task bar icon or putting a icon in the bottom righ

The color of the large program description in the windows task bar should blink and then change color when a new message is received. It works this way in Skype and other messaging services. It is VERY easy to get a message and not see or know about it if Teams is not your primarily active program on the monitor.

The "banners" option is not sufficient. I do not want popups (that don't go away when 'alt-tabbing' to Teams) and I don't use small program icons on the task bar.

This is a significant gap that diminishes he effectiveness of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make it easier to find download for Mac osx

Have a top level link to direct download teams for OSX. Right now it sends you to App Store where download stalls.

Have to go to support to get download.

Just give option to load directly or from store.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The bug-free desktop version

The mobile version is working fine but In the desktop version, I have faced issues like re-enter your credentials, reconnecting please wait, taking time to get updated messages. I would like to see the bug-free version. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Don't force people that don't need it to use it! It's too difficult to use, Skype was easier

Was forced into Teams by you. Too hard to figure out how to use, Open Share tray? Took forever to figure out what that meant. Also takes up too much of my screen space, Skype was smaller. Very jerky to navigate around, things appear and then aren't there, too many steps to try to do anything, etc. etc. etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Migrated IMs and calls from Skype for Business to Teams but you did not move Contacts and contact groups over? S4B contacts are now gone..?

You migrated IMs and calls from S4B to Teams but you did not move Contacts and contact groups over? In S4B my contacts are now gone..?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Enable UI Customization

My Outlook Contacts File includes many business, so there are no first/last names included in the record. Consequently, when I click the Contacts button in Teams I get a long list of phone numbers that are meaningless because you're defaulting to a presentation of name and title. Let US choose what columns to present and how to organize these panels.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. consolidated view

Need to get Consolidated view, like StaffHub used to have. For example, we use this for time off requests. If we have 20 employees, but only 3 are off a given week, we would like to have a view where only the 3 that are off would display. No need to display empty calendar entries that are not scheduled.

If there is nothing scheduled, then hide that name from the view. Like StaffHub used to do.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Resolve "Welcome to the Team" issue

I made a Team several months ago. For some reason a "Welcome to the Team" message suddenly came up, won't leave, and won't let me see posts. We tried taking me off the team and putting me back on, but I still can't see posts, just notification icons. I'm assuming this issues is happening to more than just me, and I think Teams would be better if this issue was resolved.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Can we create separate Primary Sharepoint site and will assigne to teams. That means in future what all teams groups will create same will

Can we create separate Primary Sharepoint site and will assign to teams. That means in future what all teams groups will create same will create under primary site only. That will help full to identify easily to admin.
    Once group creates in Ms teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Keep Teams meeting footer on top of email

Currently, when dragging and dropping an email to the Outlook calendar, there is a way to create a Teams meeting. However, when following this procedure, the meeting footer (join now information, etc.) will be displayed at the very bottom of the invite, which, in case of long email conversations, is very unfortunate (see invite1.png). If the meeting invite is created by double-clicking the email and making it an invite, the footer is at the correct position on top of the conversation (see invite2.png). Please ensure this is the permanent way, as some users have their own preference of using this…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. People

When contact email ID or name is searched it shows in people tab and tab is not opened. It don’t even show as auto populated contact in search text box. Sometimes I feel clueless thinking did I enter wrong contact details. If contact is found then people tab should be shown with filtered contacts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Microsoft Teams desktop and onenote problem

You can add onenote notebook only in Files tab in Microsoft Teams online (sharepoint). When you move or copy notebook in Microsoft Teams desktop under Files tab with the action menu or right click on it doesn't work, you get an error. This works in sharepoint teams version. When the same notebook is renamed in desktop notebook name is changed from "name" to "newname.one" and than it can't be opened in desktop any more. Can this functionality in desktop be fixed?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Chat/chatroom view should be dispersible. this backward evolution is disappointing and very unhelpful in multi-tasking

A dispersible window for communication, just like outlook, is more convenience when more of the time one need to flip through different information from previous chat, other apps and like. Not to mention one have to click back and fore for different chat. I am very disappointing on this poor design

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to view tab contents on Teams for Safari (preview)

There are some tabs that use Sharepoint whose contents can be viewed on Teams for Windows but not on the Safari (Preview).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base