Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Meeting banner

For new meetings, please provide an option to be reminded XX minutes prior to the meeting. It would help if this XX can be configured. example: I would like to be reminded 15mins prior to the call and the banner to appear 5 minutes prior to meeting start.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Why don't you add password change options

Almost 75% students forgot there password and it is hard to change password

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Account Access (Sign-In)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Would it be possible to have the "Thumbs up" feature when on a call like the existing "Hand Up" feature.

When in a call on TEAMs with a number of people I would find it really useful to have the "Thumbs Up" feature just like the "Hands Up" feature. On a number of occasions when I have asked if attendees understand or if anyone has any questions there is stoned silence as user are trying to take themselves of mute it would be quicker and easier if user's just hit a "Thumbs Up".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Conversation Deletion

@Microsoft once we leave a group that conversation should be auto deleted from the leaver's chat box.
    We get group calls and one single message in that, that is it. Even if you leave chat that garbage value will be there. Why is that required. Add option to delete full group from my window instead of hiding it or make auto removal once we leave that group. It look very odd.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I am a student can u try to update your remove from meeting option becaset when i attend lecture someone Contionusly remove other student...

can u try to update your remove from meeting option becaset when i attend lecture someone Contionusly remove other student...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Function to check a list of all participants during a live event

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    ライブ イベント実施中に参加者一覧を確認する機能
    Function to check a list of all participants during a live event

■Description(内容):
    現在、ライブ イベント実施中に、開催者、プロデューサー、発表者は一覧をリアル タイムで表示できますが、参加者はレポートでしか確認することができません。
    ライブ イベントの参加者を把握する必要があるため、ライブ イベント実施中に参加者をリアル タイムで表示する機能を要望します。

Currently, during a live event, a list of hosts, producers and presenters is shown in real time, but ‘participants’ can only be checked in a report.
    We need to be able to check the participants in real time too, so please make it possible to do so during live events.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please implement a feature to allow or block the recording for each Teams meeting by meeting organizers

I would like you to implement a feature that meeting organizers could allow or block the meeting recording for each Teams meeting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Display a set message to participants before the start of a live event

■Title(件名):
    ライブイベント開催前にアクセスしてきたユーザーに対して任意のメッセージを表示したい。
    Display a set message to participants before the start of a live event

■Description(内容):
    なんらかの理由でライブイベントが開催できない場合や遅延など、開催前にアクセスしてきたユーザーに対して任意のメッセージを表示したい。

Please add a way to display a message to participants waiting for the start of a live event, such as in cases where the event cannot be started for some reason or will be delayed, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add hierarchy system to Teams Wikis

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams の Wiki の階層化
    Add hierarchy system to Teams Wikis

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams の Wiki においても、Wiki ペディアのように階層化がおこなえるような機能追加を要望します。

Please add a way to layer content in Teams Wikis in a hierarchy like on Wikipedia.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. ABILITY TO CLEAR THE CHAT DATA

We should be able to clear the chat data as it keeps on piling as an unnecessary data storage which slows down the app and reduces the speed I would suggest and feature to Ms teams that we should be able to clear our chat data when it turns to an unnecessary clutter apps like WhatsApp have the clear chat data option which makes it more accessible and good MS teams should also add that feature

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow group chats with Skype users

At the current stage of things, we can chat with Skype and Skype for Business contacts, but several things are missing like screen sharing or group calls and even group chats between Teams and Skype users. It would be great to have group chats for both Skype and Teams users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Enable Control of Publishing recorded video

In the Education Sector, especially for newly enrolled tenants , there are chances that there will be contents in the recording that are not educational and teachers would like to edit before publishing. Since recorded meeting videos are published automatically , it has been come difficult to review the content before publishing. Kindly enable this feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Running emoji / emoticon?

I would like the running emoticon / emoji back.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Have a "System Automatically Removed" option when a member is removed from the team with email deactivation

Currently, when an employees email is deactivated (ie. they've left the company or have passed away), Teams automatically removes that user from the Team. It sends a notification to the "General" channel saying that the first listed owner of the team has removed that user. This is misleading since the owner didn't remove the user at all. They were automatically removed by the system when their email was deactivated. It would be nice to either be able to suppress the notification to the General channel or change the "Remover" to a system default.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. keep status

The default timing for the Teams status should be editable via the GUI as it was in SFB

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow pinned 'apps' to be popped out of Teams window, not just private chats.

The ability to pop individual chat windows out of the 'Chat' app is invaluable, however... I still find myself struggling with having to switch between Files, Chat, and Teams apps - and worse when I am on a conference call.

If I could pop out an entire Chat window, and then pin additional, individual chats as new tabs in the popped out window, that would be a massive improvement. I've attached a screenshot of a poorly done mockup, but this would be amazing!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to select any Wiki in General top nav bar as the default/first item

Ability to move additional Wikis in the General top nav bar to be in front of Posts and Files. When someone selects the channel from the left nav, the landing page is the Posts wiki. Collectively, most people could care less about those (if it is a large Program-level site). I created a Welcome wiki page, I should be able to move that to the first slot so it is the default landing page for the channel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make Planner tasks searchable in MS Teams

It would be helpful to be able to use the search bar to search for Tasks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PowerBar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Have an option to choose as owner if you want (guest) members to see the members of a Team.

Give owners or administrators the option to choose who can see the members of a Team.
    We have several cases where we can not use Teams to share files with a large community in Teams because we do not want that members (especially guests) can see who is member of a Team as sometimes it are competing vendors.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base