Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dedicated Teams download folder

Do not download in general Downloads Folder but in a folder called Teams Download within Downloads folder

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. List Permissions

Permissions in general need to more granular

Please allow setting item level permissions from the app.

Also permissions for enabling or disabling quick edit and column edit visibility per user

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists App  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. It would be great if admin can get list of live events and check the data usage.

It would be great if admin can get list of live events and check the data usage.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve the setting item of [Insert Quality of Service (QoS) markers for real-time media traffic] of Microsoft Teams admin center

Even if [Insert Quality of Service (QoS) markers for real-time media traffic] is turned off in "Meeting Setting" , the setting items of the start port and end port of the port are not hidden.
    Therefore, the range of influence of this setting is difficult to understand.

If the organization does not use QoS, it is necessary to clarify that this setting is unnecessary or hide the setting of the sending port.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I would like to please have a log of who mutes and kicks who

Many of my classmates are always kicking me or another one of my classmates out of the meeting and muting them
    And my teachers do not know who does it then it turns to some big argument so please can you create a log for microsoft teams for having the ability to see who mutes and kick people out of our meeting

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow FULL SCREEN mode when view screen share

When presenters are showing a screen or teams are doing joint work there is no way for participants to view the remote screen in FULL SCREEN. Without this it requires a lot of zoom and panning to be able to see the remote screen content.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to have a multi user screen share with students in a session for 'over the shoulder' help only viewable by the presenter.

It would be great to not only have a multiple user screen-sharing in a session/meeting with students but also provide the ability for the attendees to only share their screens with the Teacher. So, only viewable by the presenter/organiser - which would be similar to teachers walking around a classroom and assisting "over-the-shoulder" at computer desks.

E.g. Student 1 shares screen so I can assist with installing software. While Student 1 is downloading an exe file, I assist Student 2 in exporting a document. All this while still being able to hear/see-chat of the rest of the class as they…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to turn off the view of your video

I was in a zoom meeting earlier this week and was able to turn off the photo/video of myself - made for a much better and interactive experience when I don't have to see myself on video (even though everyone else can still see me).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Teams rooms

How come you create a new Teams Meeting from within Outlook and book a Room, but you can't do that from Teams itself. If you create a new Teams Meeting within Teams, there is no option to book a Room under Location. You have to create the Teams Meeting, then go back to the Outlook Calendar to book a Room. I shouldn't have to create Teams Meeting Room for this to work. A Room is a Room no matter what. Please provide a fix for this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Warn when calling more than 5 users

Accidental clicks activating calls in channels with a lot of members can cause disruption of work. Teams should warn users when more than (say) 5 people are about to be called.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Group Chats - Prompt on creation

A prompt when starting a Group Chat for "Are you sure you want a Group Chat with these people?" would avoid accidentally starting a chat when the intention was to only chat with one person.
    We have some reports of people starting a group chat when intending only to start a chat with one person from a group people.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. When a meeting is cancelled , user can´t remove notification from channel.

It would be useful if the notification from a cancelled meeting could be removed from the channel where the meeting where scheduled too.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Show context around search results such as adjacent messages in and around the same time

When searching, it would be nice if more messages in and around that conversation are visible, not just a single message.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Filter Archived Teams in the Admin Center

It would be great if we could have the ability to filter out Expired Teams in the Teams management area.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Can we have Chat option outside of the Team.

Its difficult to check the teams channels and find any update when a person is sharing the screen. So can we have the Chat alone as desktop client for Example like Skype

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Be able to select the channel you want Teams to open up with. !!!

Be able to select the channel you want Teams to open up with. !!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. checking if we add Dual sharing screen option

If we can add option of dual screen sharing,

Like i am sharing my screen and other person also wants to share his screen so that it helps to compare the task accordingly

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. checking if we add Dual sharing screen option

If we can add option of dual screen sharing,

Like i am sharing my screen and other person also wants to share his screen so that it helps to compare the task accordingly

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Calendar interoperability between Teams and Android Calendar

When I was using Microsoft Exchange I used to have the events on my Android calendar widget, together with other personal calendars.
    This was very helpfull to keep track of meetings.
    Could you please allow to add the Teams calendar to the Android calendar like previously?
    It could be read only, but I would like to have it all together like before

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ordering of files

Currently if there are files named 1, 2, 3, etc. up to 100 (for example) they will appear in the order 1, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ,16 ,17 ,18 ,19 ,2 ,20, etc. instead of strict number order.

It would be better if they appeared in number order.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base