Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Check communication speed on the Microsoft Call Quality Dashboard

I would like to check communication speed for audio call or video conference on the Microsoft Call Quality Dashboard.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Team Conversation

As an EDU user of Teams, it would be extremely helpful if we could re-arrange the order of posts and/or schedule posts to the conversion.

I like to plan ahead and post chunks of info to our Team conversation but if I edit one post, then it's out of order from the intended order I wanted to present them to my students.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Turn a channel into a tab

Hi team,

Is it possible to turn a channel into a tab within the same team?

More context: when a team has over 10 channels and some of them are interconnected, some members of the team are looking only on the channel they are interested of and are ignoring the connections to the other channels within the same team.

So we were wondering if we can add in one of the channels another tab that would make the connection with actually one specific channel of the same group. And avoid making people wander between more than 10 channels to get…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Stability, stability, stability

Teams doesn't seem ready for prime time, as the performance is slow and it crashes often. This morning, while in an audio teams meeting, my app crashed three separate times when sharing my screen with others.

In prior uses, the app hangs when in a video call or when joining a meeting

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Posts from "Yesterday" shows as "Today"

I posted a message yesterday at noon and this morning it shows "Today" above the message.

I have attached a screenshot. Note the time I sent the message is 12:25 yesterday and my current time is 07:45 in the morning today.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Completion Date Vs Due date

comparison report to show the date difference between due date and completion date (completion date is not the date it was ticked as completed)
    this will let me know the performance of the assignee in terms of meeting deadlines.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Upload Files from iOS

Simple uploading seems basic to teamwork.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add [Back] feature to web sites added to Teams channels

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Teams のチャネルに Web サイトを追加した際の動作について

Add [Back] feature to web sites added to Teams channels

■Description(内容):
    現在社内でのやり取りを Teams にて便利に使用しております。
    現在の動作ではチャネルに読み込んだ Web サイトから他のリンクをクリックページを偏移するなど便利に使用しております。
    しかしながらブラウザ バックのような戻る機能は現在動作しておりません。
    本機能が拡張に至った場合、社内のやり取りを Teams 内で完結する事ができより良い製品になると検討したため本機能の拡張を要望いたします。

For improvement of usability, allow using [Back] feature which is not currently available in web sites added to Teams channels. I believe it will make business communication among our organization more smoothly.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Fix the "(name) is typing" glitch

Every time someone is typing a message, even after they have sent the message, the prompt "(name) is typing" shows up for a few more seconds. It may not seem like a big deal, but it always makes me wait, expecting them to keep typing another message.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Modify members on Channel level

It would be nice for Teams to have similar security settings as SharePoint. The way groups are set up now make channels useless. There should be a way to create a group where all 50 people have access to the general channel and then create channels that only certain people of those 50 have access. Having to create a group for each project with no way to sort or categorize them makes it more difficult to collaborate.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Setting limitation in creating a team

For Microsoft Teams, I would request you to add a feature to control limitation for end users to create a team. I would like to make a rule for SharePoint site storage capacity or expiry duration for a team etc… to restrict creation of a team if the team on creation would not meet the rule I set.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Teams / Shifts Export to Excel doesn't work

When I click on Export Schedule.... and the Export button, nothing happens. No prompt where to save as, no Excel sheet pops up.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow participants to create an autodelete rule for a specific chat

There are some chats that we know will no longer be useful after a specific date and there should be a feature to allow me to set this up by chat.

Also an admin should be able to set message and file deletion by category of chat. Chat creator would chose the category when it is created.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please allow channels and teams searchable

To allow channels and teams searchable in iOS Teams

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. SHIFTS: Allow Normal Colors

Limiting Shifts to pastel colors...is a bit much. Adding the normal strain of colors would be nice (black, red, yellow...anything but pastels).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Chatting would be easier to read if my answers appeared just under the other persons and not jogged over to the right.

Maybe you could give people the option to have it appear as it is now or more left justified like when you’re writing a document.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Recommendation to have an enable and disable feature for the "Suggested" people list in MS Chat

Recommend to have an enable and disable feature for the "Suggested" people list in MS Chat, instead of having to always manually collapse the list. Thank you!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enhance attachment uploading to a specified location

Teams user behavior observation:
    To make the files/folders well-organized, people usually upload a file to a specific folder, then go to communicate with each others on that. So it's easier to copy the link when the file uploaded and paste the link during communication, other than to attach the uploaded file which takes more steps. But the link is too long and doesn't looks pretty.
    So I'd suggest to enhance the attachment uploading feature when writing a message: allow users to upload files to a specified location instead of simply into the Files.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Yammer Connector Isn't Working

I've set up my connector exactly (and I do mean exactly) as described in this blog: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/skypehybridguy/2017/08/22/connectintegrate-yammer-to-microsoft-teams-how-to-configure/

But new conversations in the Yammer groups are not pushing to the Teams channel. Just flat-out doesn't work.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Provide a function to show/hide options that are shown when creating a team

When creating a new team in Microsoft Teams, two options are shown, Build a team from scratch and Create from….
    I would like you to provide a function to show/hide these options if needed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base