Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show Clock in/out times as a tab in Shifts.

Our company would like to keep track of real-time hours that employees are working. It would be nice to have a tab in Shifts to show exact details on employees clocking in/out with Shifts from their phone.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I wish sound/ notification settings were dynamic. Ex: when status "in a meeting", i don't hear dings from team chats

i hate when i am on a call and everyone on the call keeps hearing dinging from my computer. When went into notifications to try and change this, the only sound option is applied to all types of actions and does not allow for much personalization.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Copy and Paste Documents (Word, Excel, PPT)

Can we please allow "copy and paste" of a document (Word, Excel, PPT) into chat rather than attaching it and having to go through the folders again? Normally I have the folder open already so it is easier for me to copy and paste it in with CTRL+C and CTRL+V.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Teams Meeting windows do not display the name of the meeting.

All Teams meetings look the same. The name of the meeting is not indicated on the screen. Sometimes people have clicked the wrong meeting in the calendar and don't realise it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Be able to move some groupchats from the "chat" tab to the "teams" tab

Please allow for this, this will allow me to move all excess groupchats open, plus it will allow for my "chat" tab to look and feel more organised. Its currently giving me anxiety seeing how many chats I have open from 3 weeks ago . I would like to have drop downs of groups of contacts like I had on skype for business. I don't like having all my groupchats and individual conversations always open on the left or it becomes too cluttered.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Call function, buttons to be made consistent

Hi
    On the mobile app, the button to accept a call is on the right.
    On the desktop, the button to reject a call is on the right.
    Can the positioning of the call/reject buttons be consistent?

After accepting a call on the phone, it sort of becomes muscle memory to tap the right button. The next time the call comes through on the desktop, muscle memory tells me to cancel the call.

Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Messages sent via deep links are sent multiple times after switching tabs

Messages sent via deep links are sent multiple times after switching tabs.

E.g. with this link.

https://teams.microsoft.com/l/chat/0/0?users=<user>&message=<precanned text>

If I accept and send the message in <precanned text>, then switch to the files tab and back to chat, my precanned text will be prefilled in the chat box again. This will continually happen until I switch to another chat and back again

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Control meeting egress feature

There is a function to forcibly leave the list of users during a meeting.
    I would like you to implement a function to control this.
    There is a concern that an unintended user will leave other users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add "?" and ":/" as reactions

Our team is always on Microsoft Teams and adding a 'question' and 'awkward' reaction would be really useful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Custom colour-code messages from different users in a team

I'd like to be able to easily see which messages came from which team member by having a colour-coding to each team member. All messages from team-member-1 would be green bubble. All messages from team-member-2 would be red bubble. Etc. This would make it faster to process who is saying what.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. sending picture by copying&pasting on the chatting/teams panel as other similar platforms (slack, skype) offer. Now can't open/see pic

sending picture by copying&pasting on the chatting/teams panel as other similar platforms (slack, skype) offer.
    Now other users can't open/see pic when I pasted picture from my clipboard. This is the most inconvenient UI experience I've ever seen...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I would like to suggest a button to go to the bottom of the chat in mobile version

Actually is very difficult to read the recent messages having to scroll all down each time the chat is opened

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Deveria melhorar a forma de ingressar no aplicativo pelo celular, pois nem sempre aparece a barra roxa com a opção ingressar pelo celular

Deveria melhorar a forma de ingressar no aplicativo pelo celular, pois nem sempre aparece a barra roxa com a opção ingressar pelo celular

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Choice of Teams notifications location in macOS

On macOS, Teams notifications are displayed in the top right hand corner however it is typical that these end up obscured by native notifications e.g. calendar reminders appear ahead of a meeting obscuring chat notifications from Teams.

I need the native calendar reminder so I remember to join but I also want to see notifications from Teams. Integrate with the native notifications already (the support reply too so no excuse) or at least let us configure which corner the Teams notifications are displayed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Show Calendar in SHIFTS requests

I think there should be a calendar for requests to see when other teammates are requesting time or already have time off approved so as to not overlap. this promotes better self management in teams when requesting time off.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Meeting date/time optins

Part of my responsibility is conducting training on our solutions. I need to be able to offer my clients multiple sessions. I don't want to send them 6 different invites to their inbox, that's overkill to their inbox.
    Currently, in Cisco Web-Ex, I can create multiple meeting dates/times, forward the invite to myself and then create a word document offering the url/hyperlink of the various meeting date/time options and letting the client pick the option that best meets their needs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add a Remote Session Log

Add a log under "activities" which lists the start and end time of each remote session. As a small, federally regulated financial institution, we need this for our auditors. We love Teams and don't want to have to switch between apps to use another service with an automatic log.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add more Emojis- music notes

Add Music Notes emojis to denote a song.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base