Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. In Teams "conversations" tab mine is now blank/empty whereas other people still have the conversations showing on their screens. Annoying!

My conversations tab is blank as the contect seems to have disappeared...although if I view on my phone it is still there....others don't have the same issue. This is very frustrating!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The Android version is actually better when it comes to enabling or disabling notifications depending on my activity on the desktop version.

The iPhone version only lets me enable or disable notifications. The Android version enables notifications when I'm not using the desktop version. Please bring this feature to iOS.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Scrolling down in Planner should scroll the view horizontally

Scrolling down does nothing in Planner, unless I hover a bucket with a lot of items (then it scrolls vertically in the bucket).
    It would be better if scrolling would scroll the view horizontally, or atleast to have this option.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Unable to see conversation history in Desktop client

I am suddenly unable to see any conversations or the conversation history within the desktop client, even though I am receiving notifications that other team members are tagging me. I can see conversation fine when using the web app.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Faster file upload and adding drag and drop feature

Hope we can improve to have faster file upload, adding drag and drop feature instead of having the file sent first on the chat message field. Remove the prompt of replacement of files when uploading the same file .

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow Shifts in Microsoft Teams to be viewable by non-team members in a Sharepoint Web Part

We want employees of the firm to know which service desk technician is doing which shift each day, which they currently maintain through the Shifts app in Microsoft Teams for the Service Desk team. Only Service Desk members are part of that Team at the moment.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support third party keyboards on iOS in all Microsoft apps

I use Gboard as my main keyboard on iOS. I swipe. I have been since 3rd party keyboards came to iOS. Swipe, Gboard, Microsoft had a nice one they later store.

Is there a reason to not support 3rd party keyboards? They are specifically being excluded. My only guess it's because of MDM and security rules. As keyboards ask permission to see all that you type for their training on features. Is this a setting that can be switched by my company?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The application is really slow, either Mobile our desktop app.

App is slow and time off desappears from time to time

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Tab Functionality

We can't reorganize items in folders without breaking tabs.

We sometimes have 15 people working on one project in a Team channel, and we add tabs to keep everyone organized. Every time someone moves an item (between folders, adds a subfolder, etc.), it breaks the tab. It wastes a lot of time to have to rebuild every tab each time we move an item between folders and subfolders, and now we feel hindered in getting documents organized because no one wants to keep redoing tabs.

Can we please have an option that lets us move items without breaking tabs? This…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. More Tab notifications

It would be relevant getting to know what is going on inside a channel by visually popping up more notifications, not only when there is a "New" tab, but also:
    • when a document in a tab is being edited
    • when a document in a tab has been updated

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Attach file from mobile device camera

When uploading a file on the mobile client, allow the camera as a 'file' source. I can use the camera to embed an image in a channel message, but text within images embedded in channel messages do not appear to be searchable. Text within images stored in the SharePoint Online back-end is searchable. I can currently take a picture with my phone then upload that image file, but it would be a lot quicker to upload the image directly like you can when embedding a picture in a channel message.

My specific use case is to grab quick snapshots of…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Give the ability to do a text search

Give the ability to do a text search in a page or tab especially in Wiki/text pages or web pages.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to Globally Turn OFF Channel Deletion

We would like to be able to globally turn off the ability to delete channels. As of right now, after a Team is created, you can go in and uncheck the box to remove members from being able to delete a channel but we would like for this to be automatically turned off when a new Team is created. Otherwise, if the Team creator forgets to do this a member can randomly or accidentality delete any channel.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Melhoria de privacidade no Microsoft Teams

Sugiro que o Teams tenha duas opções:
    1° - Ter a opção de status "offline" ou "invisible" igual ao do Skype.
    2° - Conseguir determinar um status ou bloquear um contato.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Want to understand how the user search in Microsoft Teams works

It would be great that a public information describes how the user search in Teams works.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make calendar in Teams show different views

Currently, calendar in Teams only shows schedules within two weeks. It would be great if it shows preferred week range.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Meeting Organizer linked with task planner

I love MS teams but miss one key collaboration element.
    Is there any application where we can write the minutes of the meeting under certain channel that shows the whole scenario like present attendess, absent attendees, actions finalized in the meeting to share with all and those action converted into task automatically with the deadline agreed during the meeting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow documents to be shared cross teams

Sometimes the same documents are used but are accessible to different groups of users. It would be great if the documents can be accessible to different teams without creating a new copy. Otherwise there will be a lot of duplicates

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Stick the date selector and view options bar at the top of Shifts scrolling view

As I'm scrolling down my list of staff with all their shifts, I'd like the date selector and view options to remain at the top so that I can change to the next day/week/month without losing my place.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Notification of recent tasks -> show Teams name

When getting an email with recent tasks from Planner (as an application tool from MS Teams), I am missing the information to which Team this task is related to.
    Wether in notification Email nor in the task-description itself.
    In case of same naming the Planner tool in MS Teams, it is impossible to find out in Planner online, to which Team the single Task is related to.
    Thanks für help

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base