Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Mute/Unmute button Visible at all times on the iPad

With all the e/distant Learning going on nowadays, please make the mute/unmute button available at all times on the iPad. It makes it hard for my 5-year old to mute/unmute since she has to -- tap screen and hit the really small mute/unmute button. Please add it to one corner (or anywhere) which make it easy to know if she's currently muted or not and a way to toggle it. Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Screen sharing with a colleague when they are on another call

It would be really helpful to be able to share a screen with a colleague, without having to be on a call with them (or when they are on a call with someone else). Its a functionality I use regularly in skype to get my boss to check something has been captured correctly without having to email and wait for their call to end or them to get to their mailbox. I understand it may be possible at the moment but will likely cut off the call they are on of put it on hold which is not helpful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Participant List download

The ability to download the list of attendees of the meeting after the meeting have taken place. For tracking purpose

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. ability to message myself so that i can construct message and review it before sending to others

Having ability to message own before sending out to others on teams is very useful thing. This will help an individual to draft a message and send in team to own, making sure it looks right and gives an individual more control over message drafting before publishing into teams. User can correct message and need to edit message after publishing minimized. Users also can copy important message of communication in this window, so users do not have to search for any given messsage in different communication inside team. This will be one central place for users to talk to them…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Automatically save completed rubrics along with sumitted student work in SharePoint.

It would be hugely useful for completed rubrics to be included alongside marked student work when it is saved into sharepoint. This would allow students and teachers to easily access the marks when needed. This is especially needed as students often move teachers so it would be easy to then share their whole folder of work, with the rubrics, to new teachers without having to go to each individual assignment in Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Notification that caller has 'video turned on'

We could be notified that the person calling us has their 'video turned on' so that we know which button to press to answer the call - whether phone icon or video icon.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow higher control by presenter on audience focus

Allow presenter to control the focus of the audience to force audience focus on presented material or cameras.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to switch to share entire desktop when sharing just 1 window

Should be able to switch to complete desktop sharing when only 1 window is being shared without requiring to stop sharing and re-share the complete desktop

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Set default language per contact for spelling and grammar check

Please add option which allow to set and remember default langue for persons in contact list or person witch chat with me. This option will be use for proper language selection for spelling and grammar check. This will help in work in multi language company without changing language when someone is chatting with multiple user using multiple languages. And is editing document in another language.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Put an option to increase the call voice separately in the app which is not dependent on the device call volume

You can put a feature in which the call volume of the app will not rely on the device . For example if the call volume is zero in the device the app should have a setting to to increase the volume of the call going on in the app. So I am talking about the volume you hear while in call during the meeting

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Unable to connect wireless bluetooth speaker this app. However, the bluetooth speaker is working fine with other apps. Please enable this fe

Unable to connect wireless bluetooth speaker this app. However, the bluetooth speaker is working fine with other apps. Please enable this fe

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Not let other or this app itself unmute me

I joined a schedule meeting with my earphones on. Okay so the thing is I went to the market while I was in meeting because I didn’t want to miss out on anything that happen in that particular meeting so someone unmuted me or maybe the app itself unmuted me. Things really got bad for me I wasn’t aware that I was unmuted as someone from meeting told me to mute myself I mute myself and it showed a notification as ‘you are unmuted’ I did unmute myself again but it kept happening so I log out of it. I…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. انا لا يمكنني الدردشه مع المعلم

انا لا يمكنني الدردشه مع المعلم والأصحاب لماذا

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Behavior of Microsoft Teams right after upload restriction

*English follows Japanese

Microsoft Teams 上でアップロード制限の設定した直後の動作について
    Behavior of Microsoft Teams right after upload restriction

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams 上で特定のユーザーが [チーム] 上にあるファイルを編集などしないように チームサイト上で該当ユーザーの権限を削除して制御しています。
    上記の設定した後に、ファイル にアップロードできないのか確認するが、[アップロードできません] というメッセージが表示されず、一度 [ファイル] タブをクリックすることによって設定が反映され、メッセージが出る動作であることを確認した。
    上記の該当ユーザーが [ファイル] タブをクリックしないと権限が反映されない動作について、権限の削除設定直後にアップロードしようとしたときにメッセージが出るように動作を改善してほしい。

In Microsoft Teams, we set restriction on certain users for editing files on "Teams" by deleting their permissions.
    However, deleting their permissions do not make the message "Cannot Upload" shown. So, in order to see if the setting is activated, we need to click the "File" tab and see if the message shows.
    Please make it so that the message is presented when they try to upload files soon after…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. add members directly by UPN or email address

n my organization we have "Scope directory search using an Exchange address book policy" enabled.

In many cases I want to add members outside the scope of ADP, but I can't make them members.
    I would like to be able to add a UPN or email address to a member by direct designation, regardless of the search.

I want people to know that some organizations think of search scope and access control as two separate things, as they do in other systems.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Set channel creation to owner only by default when creating a team

Implement the feature to set channel creation to owner only by default when creating a team

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Tips and Notes

To be able to message groups with a note that can do one of two things:
    1. To stay visible until everyone in the group has seen it, and then disappear
    2. To stay visible until everyone in the group has checked it off and then disappear.
    Sometimes we post a message in group chat but it disappears up the thread and people who come online later can miss it, so it would be good to have the option of a different type of message that doesn't just sit in the chat timeline but persists in some other part of…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The ability to Delete Chats would be a great addition.

The ability to delete older messages or chats would be a great addition to this platform. I work for a large company that is using this platform for multiple projects. If the delete option for chats could be more like e-mails, that would be beneficial to decreasing clutter in the app. The more we use Teams, the larger the old, unused data will become, and I fear for a very slow performance.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. answer some topic teams

Hi,
    feature : when we answer some msg or topic in the TEAMS, from the mobile phone we can put the answer below of the old msg .... so this is very helpful for not "lost" the msg in a group/team with many messages. If we can do this, the same thing, in the Laptop (APP or web) it will be veeeery helpful ...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base