Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Assign Open Shifts to the whole team instead of per group

The group option in shifts is really good for separating logical units, but in some cases these groups will still be working closely together.

Instead og assigning Open Shifts on a group level, it would be nice to assign it on a Team level so members of all groups can take it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Check in staff from multiple locations and make notes from their meeting

My staff are working out in several different locations during one day and would be great to have them able to clock in and out of outreach giving the location and for them to be able to make notes and print timesheet , dreading for it to come:.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I want to be able to add/remove holidays that are specific to my region

I want to view federal holidays through shift. I also want the ability to personalize, i.e., add/remove, holidays that are specific to my region.

For example, California recognizes Cesar Chavez Day, but not Columbus Day. I want to be able to add Cesar Chavez Day and remove Columbus Day.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Orden archivos

Los archivos subidos en teams se desordenan tras cada acción.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. copy paste in dialer

Can't paste conf code in Dialer and it dial all the pasted values, only dials the 1st number. This used to work and is now broken.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hiding Chat Recent list is terrible UI design

The triangle that appears/disappears next to Recent under Recent on the Chat blade allows you to accidentally put yourself into a view where it looks like your entire chat history has been cleared with no way to restore it.

The triangle that appears/disappears should be persistent so that it is easily recognizable as collapsed.

See screenshot for details.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. It would be nice if we could change the messages so the lattest message is on the top and not the bottom.

It would be nice if we could change the messages so the lattest message is on the top and not the bottom

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Keep Admin rights only to the Host

Keep Admin rights only to the Host organizing the Meeting. As of now everybody has the rights to mute others and also remove other participants which is risky.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Have phone controls in foreground when teams app is not in focus or minimized

When being in a call but not having the focus on the teams app or it is minimized it would be great to have a small window basic phone controls like hang up, mute, hold in the foreground as it is in Skype for Business.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Get rid of auto mute for teams greater than 6. No one knows to hit *6. No instructions if calling in.

Get rid of auto mute for teams greater than 6. No one knows to hit *6. No instructions if calling in.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Increase filtering options under My Activity

Under Feeds > My Activity, it would be helpful to group the activities by channels. This way users can easily navigate to their activity within each instead of having to scroll through the unfiltered list of every action.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. bold channel when files is changed

If team members edit or add new files to the SharePoint of a channel, there should be a possibility to make channel text bold like in other activity in the channel

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. eDiscovery for specific user

For now when we do eDiscovery search for specific user, only chats in peer to peer, or group chat will show in the result. For messages this user sent in Teams groups/channels, they will not show up in the result and we need to do eDiscovery for Teams groups/channels this user is a member of separately to get the result.
    This introduces a lot additional work to security team and we would like to have the feature which is by eDiscovery specific user, the result will contain all the messages sent by this user from peer to peer, group chat…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Teams Desktop Client Should Auto-Poll for Network Connectivity

Every time I startup my computer, Teams starts up quicker than my network connection is established. When this happens, Teams recognizes that I don't have a network connection and fails to continue the startup process and has a message similar to "Something went wrong", and presents me with a "Try Again" button.

MS Teams should, similarly to almost all modern websites, auto-poll the network connection and automatically perform its own "Try Again" process when it detects that the computer has a network connection so that I, the user, don't have to manually click that button and potentially miss notifications if…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow breaking down the long conversation thread into topics

After a while, the conversation tab gets quite cluttered and it becomes difficult to follow active conversations that may have started some time ago. Therefore it would be interesting to have an options for each conversation (e.g. in the 3 dot menu) to create a sub-conversation for the topic of the specific conversation

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Can we add notes to already existing calendar meetings?

Can we add notes to already existing calendar meetings? So that prior to the meeting we can all see what has been decided or what we're supposed to focus on?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Get banner notifications for chat

Same as others suggesting just like any common messaging app. I use this for work and when away from desk I don’t want to miss messages

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. contacts

I have a lot of Contacts that have Company Name & phone number only. I see (in Calls|Contacts) Blank Name, Blank Title & phone number listed only, so I cannot tell what the phone number belongs to. Search will not return anything, since I am typing in the Company name. Someone posted that they see a heading for Company, but I do not (Teams version: 1.2.00.8864 (64-bit) for Windows).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Recurring meeting posts within a channel

When setting up a recurring meeting in Teams and you associate the meeting to a channel, it creates a single post for the entire series. Although this is not bad at keeping things consolidated, the need we see more often than not is to have independent threads for each session. For example, we have a weekly team meeting. Many subjects are discussed, and notes are taken, however after just over a month the replies/conversation thread for that series is way too much for people to filter through. Also its great that we can see who attended the meeting, however as…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make Android notifications work better

Many notifications don't come through.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)