Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Public channels which anyone in organization can join using the name or unique address

We have to invite people right now. We cannot have a channel which people can come and ask questions.
    Slack has that

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Phone usage needs A LOT of improvement.

The phone part of Teams is absolutely terrible. Once you use the phone system to make multiple calls you will see. We used Skype For Business in our freight brokerage and it was good...not great, but good. Teams for use as a phone is flat out terrible in every way. Test it by making a lot of calls, putting calls on hold, calling contacts, redialing, etc etc....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to note attachment when chat notification/message is shown outside the app

When you get a notification of a chat while you are outside of the app on a laptop, you get a little box with a portion of the chat. You also get the option to respond based on the portion you see. It would be nice to see if the message had an attachment. Then I would be able to better understand if I can just respond or if I need to go into the app to see the full message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. qnamaker

We really need the support for Multi-turn questions to work in Teams from the qnamaker.ai bots. This will make the virtual assistant experience so much better.

Reference: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/office/blogs/microsoft-teams-community-call-august-20-2019/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Display all messages on the left side so that they are not missed.

Display all messages on the left side so that they are not missed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Start TeamsClient instead of Web when receiving E-Mails

Customers want to start the Teamsclient instead of the web app when they click on the link in the mail, that informs them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Email to (group) chat

I want to replace email as much as possible by Teams, but sometimes I do receive an email which I need to discuss with someone or with a group. To prevent having to forward the mail I'd be more convenient to be able to forward the mail to a (group) chat. Added bonus would be that the mail would be easily found back in the conversation's files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Aboooody-21ksa515@hotmail.com

سـاب
    رقيه الحساب
    262-194590-002
    ايبان
    SA3945000000262194590002
    حساب الريال السعودي
    بريم التسويق الخاص بالاسكندريه
    الكل الحديثة للتجاريةاات التالية:
    {ساب ساري}
    payment@opensooq.com
    نطم بالخدمة
    LTE الثاني 411:54 الدفع عن طريق التحويل المصرفي 67375251 المرجع: P11363444 اسم البنك: ترانسفيروايز انا جعلت هذا النقل سوف السلطة الفلسطينية

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. channels shall have special permissions

we need to improve the security of channels
    we shall make channels with different permissions
    not all members of the team shall see all data in the channels

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Enable us to retrieve access logs with the chat for teams and groups in Microsoft Teams

I can’t check access logs and I’m not sure if the user certainly accessed group/team chat and read messages or not. It would be helpful if the audit logging covers the following logs.
    ・ Access logs for channel and chat for a team
    ・ Access logs for group chat
    ・ Access logs for messages

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Integrationg with people hub

Be able to pin chats and people to the people hub in the taskbar

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I want to be able to set channel moderation with PowerShell etc.

When changing the moderation of a channel, it is necessary to change the channel setting directly at this time.
    When settings can be changed using PowerShell, Graph AIP, etc., the administrator will be able to perform centralized management.
    Also, since it can be set without directly operating Teams, it is desired to implement it as a function.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. How to create a Teams channel from a SharePoint Online document folder

I would like to add a function to create a Teams channel from a SharePoint Online document folder.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. BUG: Calling Policies being overriden by Global (Org-wide Default)

DEAR ENGINEERING!!

Wtf is up with support staff not able to raise an escalation to your level. They all have directed me here to USERvoice.

This absolutely frustrates me. They don't even have a demo account where they can test and see the issues the customer faces. OR to confirm whether the issue is occurring on multiple tenants. My mind is blown. Several tickets open trying to get support here on this issue.

Calling Policies only taking the Global (Org-wide Default) policy into effect.

Ticket # 17419659
    Ticket # 17381765
    Ticket # ‎17302490

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add more options for enabling video by default when calling in the iOS version of Teams

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    iOS版の Microsoft Teams アプリでビデオ通話時に、既定でカメラがオンになる設定を増やしてほしい
    Add more options for enabling video by default when calling in the iOS version of Teams

■Description(内容):
    Android版の Microsoft Teams アプリでは、ビデオ通話発信時そのままビデオ通話を利用できるが、iOS版では、通話開始後にビデオアイコンをタップしないとビデオ通話ができない。iOSでもビデオ通話の既定値を、カメラが有効な状態でビデオ通話できるようにしてほしい。
    On the iOS version of Teams, you have to click the video icon after starting a call in order to have a video call, whereas under the Android version you can specify the call as a video call from the start. I would like to be able to set the camera to be on so all calls are video calls from the start in the iOS version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Fix up the Right Mouse Click on the Tray Icon - dev release error?

I think the latest release has included debug features for the Dev team to use. Consider closing this door.

Not sure what "Spacetest3" and "SlimCore@SpaceTest10" mean for example.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Download all

It would be great to have a "Download All" button under an assignment. Currently I have to click on each student to download their submitted file. A "Download All" button that puts all files for that assignment into a zipped folder would be nice.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Infinite Campus gradebook automatic transfer

Create the ability for teachers to create an assignment and have student scores be automatically transferred to an Infinite Campus gradebook

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make Link-Sharing Cleaner

Tidy up link sharing so when you send a link, the entire URL doesn't show up. It should mirror how iMessage or Facebook Message is designed, where you only see the headline, featured image, and the first sentence of the story. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base