Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams in Support and Recovery Assistant

I think it would be useful to add Team into SARA tool to be able to perform some troubleshooting. Now there is Skype for Business, but not Teams. As Teams will replace SfB one day, I think in makes sense to allow it in SARA.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hot Dog not Hot Dog

Detects food.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. change desktop name

Pls add option to name your desktop in time line (Winwdows + tab).
    I would like to name one for example "Study", "Job" or "Free time"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. SECTION names in OneNote keep defaulting to FILE name!!!

My team and I created a shared OneNote file. We created a number of different SECTIONS within this file, and one or more PAGES in each section. When we made this OneNote file a "tab" in a Microsoft Team room, however, it began forcing all SECTION names (except for the first section) to be the FILE name. We've tried renaming every section (directly, using OneNote online, and using OneNote desktop app) and MS Teams still keeps overwriting these section names. We really need a solution for this (apparent) bug!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Mail to Teams...

Hi ,
    I see lot of mails which are clearly supposed to on Teams. Is there way to quickly move to chat on teams from an email conversation where all the CCed user can be part of the group...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Get to Updates Within App

I just got a notification that I've got the latest Teams, great 😁. Now I wonder, what are the features?

Please provide a link to: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/what-s-new-in-microsoft-teams-d7092a6d-c896-424c-b362-a472d5f105de

Please add an mention option to get to the release notes. Maybe under About? See screenshot.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. UI Stutter

While typing a notification seems to lock up the UI. After that it puts the cursor at the beginning of the chat input field and inserts whatever I was typing while the notification locked up the UI. PLEASE FIX THIS!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Can we test calls, screen sharing, and video calls with T-Bot?

T-Bot is good for questions, but it would also be great if we can test Teams' features on T-Bot. I've yet to share a screen on teams and it would be nice to try and troubleshoot that feature on T-Bot before I have to use that feature with a client.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. User Picture: Pictures are Associated with Wrong User

A chat was displaying the correct picture for a user, but now displays the picture for a different user entirely (was chatting with a male coworker but now the picture is a female coworker). It was a group chat, so the "split" image that appears on the group chat still shows the original user's picture, but today, we see the other picture.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow multitennancy!

Please allow MS Teams to be logged in to 2 or more organizations in parallel.

We are working with customers who have added us to their O365 account base and we need to be able to run 2 teams instances - each logged in to different organization (one organization is ours and other is partners).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make emails collapsible (collapsed by default) in the mobile app

On the mobile app, emails which have been forwarded to the channel seem to show fully expanded. They can't be collapsed and this can cause a lot of scrolling, especially the email itself contains a chain of messages.

In the desktop app, the emails show as collapsed by default, and are expandable if the user wants to read more.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. edit files ask before saving changes

when I view a file and then click on "Edit" ("in Teams", the default selection) to try out something, then all changes are automatically saved when closing the file! I would like to get asked if I want to save the changes, discard them or cancel the closing; like any other app does.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. windows-wide shortcut to start or answer phone calls

I want to switch fully from S4B to MSTeams. In S4B, I use PhoneTools from Estos, to answer phone calls with a single keystroke or to start a phone call. when I have marked a phone number and press the defined hotkey. See: https://www.estos.com/products/phonetools

So: You should implement the option for a windows wide shortcut/hotkey to start or answer phone calls.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Full name showing in group chats

When it is a one-on-one chat, the users' preferred name (ie. Kate instead of Katherine) shows up, but when doing a group chat the user's "proper" (formal?) name shows instead of their preferred name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Tab email addresses able to update a tab file seamlessly

Our team gets reports emailed to us from outside vendors, it would be really great if I could update the excel file by emailing it into a "tab" for example, I get a new report every week, I would like to send that file into Teams as an email and the Excel file that I have built as a tab update to the most recent file I just sent in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Onenote doesn't work with Teams - Mac

I can't write anything in a OneNote within the Teams app. Only if i open it in OneNote. It would be nice to have this bug (?) fixed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Problem with files within teams for iOS

When using iOS Teams, and accessing files within teams, the ‘x’ doesn’t close a file that’s been opened and users have to go back via Teams In L menu - ? Needs fixing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Enable uninstalling One Noted directly, from the Send Note window

I had to waste more than an hour to make Office technician remove One Note from my PC. It would be better if I could do it directly, from the place where it bothers me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.