Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow for multiple tags in assignments

As a teacher, I sometimes want an assignment to be connected to several subjects, for example history and religion. It would be great to be able to set a tag for every subject and be able to filter assignments for "history", and also have crossover assignments show up.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Make assignments searchable

I want to be able to find an old assignment using text search instead of having to scroll through the list manually.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. beep when one to one call is ended

Provide a beep sound or a short music when a one to one call is ended by either of the party. So that we will know if the call is dropped. Especially when we are using smartphone for calling and not looking at the screen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide the choice "Contribute" or "Visitor" when adding Guest users

When adding Guest to a channel, Teams does not offer the possibility to choose if the new guest is a Visitor (with only read only access) or a Contributor (with a contribute access).
    And this is exactly the same even on a private channel, all guests are given "Contribute" access which can be in breach of internal Corporate Policies.
    Ultimately the documents library is on a SharePoint Team site and it has 3 groups: Owners, Contributors and Visitors.
    So why not asking the level of access when adding guest users?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Synchronize Teams with Your Phone

It would be very useful, it it's possible, to integrate the Teams presence into Your phone.

So when you are in a Teams video chat your phone will go into do not disturb mode until the Teams call is finished. It would prevent cellular phone calls from disturbing your Teams call or meeting

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Shifts - Export Schedule Table in Editable Excel Format

for so long, we have been using ABC Roster for creating shift schedules.
    would be great if Shifts is able to Export the Schedule Table in an Editable MS Excel Format (currently only able to print that table in PDF format from shifts), allowing for us to add on other information as and when required.
    export function in Shifts now, only exports the report, but we require a modifiable schedule table to submit on-site(s)

just not enough customization capabilities in Shifts

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bring all shortcuts from Skype for business to Teams

Please thoroughly analyze Skype for Business functionalities and bring in all shortcuts to Teams platform.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. A large visual that reminds the attendees to return to the meeting

I guess I was thinking more of a grand banner that stays open when the presenter wants the attendees (who are in the meeting, but working independently during a "work time') to return to the meeting. Similar to a teacher gathering everyone during workshop time. Many of us need no distractions from pop-ups or notification banners to help us with deep work. Plus the audio would off because the presenter is working with individuals in the meeting while other are working independently. This grand banner would help visually summon attendees back as it would stay on the screen to cover…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Guest access - Add ONE click option to come to the LOBBY to watch it. No access to files necessary for ONE CLICK option.

Guests = ONE click option. When we invite guests home, we do not require everyone to do four steps.

1. Click the LINK
    2. Wait in the lobby
    3. ENTER
    As simple as that.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bookings (Virtual Visits)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Edge Browser integration into teams

A button on the side that lets me surf the web with out leaving MS team and this and outlook I would never have to leave MS Teams

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Turn off meeting pop-ups when I'm not using 'teams', but doing other work.

Turn off Teams meeting/chat pop-ups when I'm not using Teams, but am doing other work. Teams is not even open!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Producer

In MS Teams Live, can you enable the Producer to undock the Queue panel, the Program panel and the Q/A/Chat panels to allow for re-arranging the layouts on multiple displays?
    Also, can you allow the Producer to speak to Presenters on a private audio channel that is not sent to the Live channel to be able to communicate between themselves.
    Can additional functionality be enabled for the Producer such as the ability to place a window in a specific quadrant as picture-in-picture on the Live panel, ability to use transitions such as fade effects, ability to place a Logo on…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please add the option of Conference ID if we schedule meeting via Shared Mailbox.

If we schedule meeting via personal mailbox then we get the conference ID but if schedule the meeting via shared mailbox we do not get any conference ID we only get meeting link. Please add the option of Conference ID if we schedule meeting via Shared Mailbox.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Advanced Search

Give me a separate "Advanced Search" button. Make it open a dialog.

The dialog should allow me to limit the search to only one Team (or a set), or only one Channel (or a set), or by other criteria.

It should allow me to do a regular expression search, if I want. If you want to be REALLY nice, it should help me write and test a regular expression prior to searching with it.

I also want to specify whether I'm looking for the title of a message, or something in the message body, or the name of a file,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Disallow participants to remove each other from meetings

Students removed a co-teacher who couldn't be a co-organizer of the meeting. Students shouldn't be able to remove each other from team meetings or especially remove a teacher or a co-teacher.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. on calls screen have a button you can hit that alerts you when that person finished their meeting or call so you can contact them?

I have contacts on screen dial, can we have a button that you can tick which lets you know when that contact becomes available?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Give to a Guest the possibilty to share files

Dear Alex,
    it is necessary add a possiblity to allow a guest to share a file.

Regards,
    Giuseppe

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add a "no, nothing else" button (opposite of "raise hand" button)

Often we have team meetings where the leader asks, "does anyone have anything else to add?". It'd be nice to have a button that participants could click to indicate that they have nothing else to add, instead of having a few seconds of silence after the call leader asks this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)